• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Find me a company wide crossover that doesn't.
Smash itself doesn’t, or at least Brawl / Melee / 64 don’t. The fighters are replicas and not the originals, so there are no home worlds intersecting.
In the SSE, as a result of this, the fighters appear to all naturally live in the same universe (The World of Trophies.) This world even has some of its own unique lore and history, as seen by the backstory of the R.O.B.’s.

Post Brawl, though, Smash apparently being canon to Kid Icarus Uprising muddies this quite a bit.
Spirits being able to be sent back to their home worlds in Ultimate muddies this even more.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He corrected his mistake...

Apparently having the characters eaten to death by my boi is too obscene :yoshi:
Isabelle breaks the game better cause her glitches are more fun

Noipoi

Howdy!
Unfortunately I might have to axe Crafted World and Three Houses from my game list this year. I really don't want to, but when you're poor you have to make sacrifices. There are things more important than video games.

I won't take em off the list just yet, maybe if i'm lucky i'll get some extra money throughout the year.

Forgive me Zinith Zinith

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Part of me hopes we get Rivals in Another Dimension and Astral Birth Void as music tracks in the future, but I doubt it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thank you for that completely necessary comment
That’s what I’m here for...that...and to quote a comment that intrigues me enough to quote and reply to...that...and to live in general cause being alive is great

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Unfortunately I might have to axe Crafted World and Three Houses from my game list this year. I really don't want to, but when you're poor you have to make sacrifices. There are things more important than video games.

I won't take em off the list just yet, maybe if i'm lucky i'll get some extra money throughout the year.
I'll get you the game myself if that's what it takes!!! :yoshi:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
How dare you leave out Captain Rainbow...the 2nd greatest Nintendo character to never join America through his own game
I thought Captain Falcon and Captain Commando already filled the captain quota pretty well.
That, and I had to make room for my shill pick
When will you learn?
When will you learn... that your actions have consequences?

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Dang it Yoshi.
First you commit tax fraud, now you literally eat the game's code.

When will you learn?
There's a glitch in the original Yoshi's Island where his tongue's sprite gets so big it eats the entire memory and hardlocks the game...

So this would be the SECOND time my boi has eaten the game

NineS

Smash Lord
I'll get you the game myself if that's what it takes!!! :yoshi:
Okay then, since you offered, My address is...

I couldn't possibly allow you to do that! You've got tons of better things to spend your money on then some poor kid!
No, no. Accept the offer, It'd be rude not to.
Give it to me.
There's a glitch in the original Yoshi's Island where his tongue's sprite gets so big it eats the entire memory and hardlocks the game...

When do you think the third time will come?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Part of me hopes we get Rivals in Another Dimension and Astral Birth Void as music tracks in the future, but I doubt it.
Astral Birth Void is over 8 minutes long, Smash’s tendency to trim music tracks would hit it kind of hard... :(

Third time, actually, don’t forget about the crash in Brawl if Yoshi grabs an opponent and they manage to mash out of the grab before they enter Yoshi’s mouth.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Okay. So call it a hunch, since it's not based on any fact, but I predict there's gonna be a Nintendo Direct on either February 1st or February 8th.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Third time, actually, don’t forget about the crash in Brawl if Yoshi grabs an opponent and they manage to mash out of the grab before they enter Yoshi’s mouth.
In that though, the game actually WANTS Yoshi to eat them and denying him that would crash the game...

Also it's Brawl. Of course it would slip my mind :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Smash itself doesn’t, or at least Brawl / Melee / 64 don’t. The fighters are replicas and not the originals, so there are no home worlds intersecting.
In the SSE, as a result of this, the fighters appear to all naturally live in the same universe (The World of Trophies.) This world even has some of its own unique lore and history, as seen by the backstory of the R.O.B.’s.

Post Brawl, though, Smash apparently being canon to Kid Icarus Uprising muddies this quite a bit.
Spirits being able to be sent back to their home worlds in Ultimate muddies this even more.
This can be explained simply as this...
Brawl-Ultimate= Canon(Events of Subspace are referenced in Sm4sh and Ultimate, Smash itself is mentioned in KI:Uprising and Bayonetta 2)
64/Melee: Toys.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I thought Captain Falcon and Captain Commando already filled the captain quota pretty well.
That, and I had to make room for my shill pick

When will you learn... that your actions have consequences?
There’s never too many captains. Marvel knows this fact, and so shall you

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Man I just hate playing against Ganondorf..
I mean you can be destroying him the whole game and one forward smash from him and it’s basically tied up.
AND ITS EXTRA ANNOYING BECAUSE I PLAY AS PALUTENA SO I SHOULD NOT BE LOSING AKA I SUCK

also what is the GSP for elite rn if anyone knows

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man I just hate playing against Ganondorf..
I mean you can be destroying him the whole game and one forward smash from him and it’s basically tied up.
AND ITS EXTRA ANNOYING BECAUSE I PLAY AS PALUTENA SO I SHOULD NOT BE LOSING AKA I SUCK

also what is the GSP for elite rn if anyone knows
I think around 3.015 mil?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Or maybe he ate something that WOULD'VE given him cancer, but Yoshi being Yoshi his body fixes it but at the cost of deformity...
That too. I wonder what kind of wisecracks this Dino would give? Tax fraud based ones, maybe?

NineS

Smash Lord
Now I want to see a live action Yoshi movie with Ryan Reynolds playing a creepy realistic Yoshi
Only if we get Danny Devito as live action Mario, or Wario if he's in.

That too. I wonder what kind of wisecracks this Dino would give? Tax fraud based ones, maybe?
Alright, I'll admit the Yoshi tax fraud jokes are getting old. Which is why I suggest that we start doing Isabelle tax fraud jokes. They're fresher, emit the same vibe but amplified + it's canon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I main Palu and I think she is pretty popular, I’ve been at 3.2mil and still haven’t been getting in..BUT alas, I will carry on

Thank you for the reply
You can’t carry on with Palutena if you don’t have a Pit to do all the hard work for her

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Only if we get Danny Devito as live action Mario, or Wario if he's in.

Alright, I'll admit the Yoshi tax fraud jokes are getting old. Which is why I suggest that we start doing Isabelle tax fraud jokes. They're fresher, emit the same vibe but amplified + it's canon.
Since when did Isabelle ever commit tax fraud?

D

Deleted member

So I've diddled around with Online a bit more, and at this point, you're honestly better off playing another game. ****ing Mario + Rabbids will give you a more enjoyable experience. The input delay combined with terrible netcode makes the game unbearable to play.

Again, we're paying $20 for this.

Oh, and that supposed SNES Online games list? Yeah, pretty much the same sentiments as Smash's Online.

now that's what I call....png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom