• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Okay who thought the Giga Mac spirit battle was okay? He can kill you in like three his, has massive hitboxes and doesn't flinch and will outrange even tether grabs with his attacks. I ended up cheesing him with a revenge boosted Incineroar Side B at the walk off and I am 100% convinced cheesing him with lame strategies like that are the only one who beat him.
It was the hardest spirit battle in the game, by far. Little Mac was ironically the only one who could beat him for me, after many many tries

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just joined and I have a few questions,

1 could somebody please direct me to a Ultimate tier list that is not painfully inaccurate if there even is one

2 How do I make a thread?
1. It's still going to take some time for any tier list to be truly accurate.

2. Go to the appropriate subforum and click the post thread button near the top.

D

Deleted member

Okay who thought the Giga Mac spirit battle was okay? He can kill you in like three his, has massive hitboxes and doesn't flinch and will outrange even tether grabs with his attacks. I ended up cheesing him with a revenge boosted Incineroar Side B at the walk off and I am 100% convinced cheesing him with lame strategies like that are the only one who beat him.
That sounds horrible. I haven't gotten to him yet, although I do have Pauline sitting as the lone Spirit Battle left uncompleted in the city area.

I'm not even gonna bother until I find Bowser, TBH.

kylexv

Smash Master
Here's what I would do for Nintendo vs. Capcom. Limited myself to 25 per company with 1 secret character for each, sort of like what CvS did with Evil Ryu and Orochi Iori:

Nintendo:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus
Ridley
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Pit
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Little Mac
Inkling

Metal Mario

Capcom:
Ryu
Ken
Chun Li
M. Bison
Mega Man
Dr. Wily
Zero
Tron Bonne
Morrigan
Jedah
Leon S. Kennedy
Wesker
Dante
Arthur
Captain Commando
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Batsu
Strider
Amaterasu
Asura
Viewtiful Joe
Monster Hunter
Mike Haggar
Frank West
Phoenix Wright

Evil Ryu

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's what I would do for Nintendo vs. Capcom. Limited myself to 25 per company with 1 secret character for each:

Nintendo:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus
Ridley
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Pit
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Little Mac
Inkling

Metal Mario

Capcom:
Ryu
Ken
Chun Li
M. Bison
Mega Man
Dr. Wily
Zero
Tron Bonne
Morrigan
Jedah
Leon S. Kennedy
Wesker
Dante
Arthur
Captain Commando
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Batsu
Strider
Amaterasu
Asura
Viewtiful Joe
Monster Hunter
Mike Haggar
Frank West
Phoenix Wright

Evil Ryu
>Metal Mario.

Kek.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Captain Falcon is basically, the Morrigan of Smash Bros...

His original franchise might be dead, but he lives on as a mainstay in the massive company crossover, just because he's been part of it since the first game
still sad of him to have no career other than Smash (atleast :ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer: weren’t meant to have a full franchise and :ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultness::ultpit: had games that finished their series up nicely...though :ultpit: also made it possible to make multiple sequels and spinoffs if somebody had the balls to do so)...all :ultfalcon: has to keep himself relevant is Smash, with literally less than no hope in getting a sequel
Gohan was playable in Jump Super and Ultimate Stars for the DS.
That’s good to hear...now for him to join Jump Force

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Ideal Nintendo v Capcom Roster

Mario
Bowser
Kirby
Meta Knight
Link
Zelda
Yoshi
Rosalina and Luma
Phirana Plant
Donkey Kong
Ganondorf
King K Rool
Bayonetta
Spring Man
Inkling
Diddy Kong
Sulk
Elma
Marth
Samus
Ridley
Zero Suit
Isaac
King Dedede
Mr. Game And Watch
Pit
Palutena
Rex and Pyra
Captain Falcon
Ness
Pikachu
Charizard
Mewtwo
Isabelle
Arthur
Chris Redfield
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Frank West
Jedah Dohma
Mike Haggar
Monster Hunter
Sigma
Ryu
Ken
Mega Man
M. Bison
Nemesis
exactly my problem. Its already mostly the cast from Smash but in a vs capcom

its boring

atleast when its something like Tatsu/Jump/Sega/Konami/SNK vs Capcom its more interesting cause a lot of those would be entirely new to experience with its characters

also that capcom list is horrible

Noipoi

Howdy!
It was the hardest spirit battle in the game, by far. Little Mac was ironically the only one who could beat him for me, after many many tries
Baby Bowser, Sukapon and Pauline were harder, in my opinion. Giga Mac didn't give me too much trouble once I had the right spirits.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of the Pauline one. I managed to only win that by pure luck of Peach killing herself.

No wonder people didn't like 75 M...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Someone datamined that Link is gonna be in Mario Tennis Aces. At this point we are going to discover all of the next Direct's content before it's even announced.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Baby Bowser, Sukapon and Pauline were harder, in my opinion. Giga Mac didn't give me too much trouble once I had the right spirits.
Pauline was easy to beat if you had the staff at least, but yeah Sukapon and Baby Bowser were rough. Also Dr. Willy was just...unfair, like what sick mind thought of that

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Boss was the hardest mission.

Everyone else was okay.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gohan was playable in Jump Super and Ultimate Stars for the DS.
Man, instead of Jump Force I really wish they made a new Jump Ultimate Stars. It had a lot of cool characters and a fairly large roster. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Frieza, Gotenks, Buu, Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama, Kenshiro, Roah, Jotaro, Dio and like 20 more characters.

Here's what I would do for Nintendo vs. Capcom. Limited myself to 25 per company with 1 secret character for each, sort of like what CvS did with Evil Ryu and Orochi Iori:

Nintendo:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus
Ridley
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Pit
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Little Mac
Inkling

Metal Mario

Capcom:
Ryu
Ken
Chun Li
M. Bison
Mega Man
Dr. Wily
Zero
Tron Bonne
Morrigan
Jedah
Leon S. Kennedy
Wesker
Dante
Arthur
Captain Commando
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Batsu
Strider
Amaterasu
Asura
Viewtiful Joe
Monster Hunter
Mike Haggar
Frank West
Phoenix Wright

Evil Ryu
Seems like a pretty balanced roster I guess. Though I'd put Dark Samus instead of Metal Mario, since she's pretty much an Evil Ryu type, and Maybe instead of E. Ryu, Akuma himself. I'd probably go with Mega Man, MMX, Zero(MMZ) and Tron for the Mega Man characters myself.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pauline was easy to beat if you had the staff at least, but yeah Sukapon and Baby Bowser were rough. Also Dr. Willy was just...unfair, like what sick mind thought of that
Was Dr. Wily the stamina mode battle aginast several metal Mega Men? Using Mega Man himself and metal blade completely removed the challenge.

Was probably one of the few spirit challenges where I had to switch characters though. Tipper Marth made short work of nearly everything else. Baby Bowser, no problem. Sukapon, no problem. Giga Mac, no problem. Just tippers for days.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Boss wasn't the hardest mission.

Everyone else was okay.
I've had problems with the Mega Man X spirit(and he hasn't shown up for me in forever). Meanwhile Sigma and Zero were easy as hell. The Boss I haven't beaten yet, but I've made a lot of progress on.

Wily and Pauline are a pain though.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Does
If Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars was an actual game. Who'd be your mains from both sides?

Mine would be King K. Rool and Izuku Midoriya.
Joseph Joestar would definitely be my main from the Jump side (still praying he makes it into Jump Force), while I would probably have Ness or a Fire Emblem character for my Nintendo main.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Does

Joseph Joestar would definitely be my main from the Jump side (still praying he makes it into Jump Force), while I would probably have Ness or a Fire Emblem character for my Nintendo main.
Young or old Joseph though?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man, instead of Jump Force I really wish they made a new Jump Ultimate Stars. It had a lot of cool characters and a fairly large roster. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Frieza, Gotenks, Buu, Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama, Kenshiro, Roah, Jotaro, Dio and like 20 more characters.
Agreed. From what I know Jump Force not counting possible DLC will have only 45 characters. Should have way more then that so then people can start making comparisons between it and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This would make for such a legit crossover storyline.

Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo)/Jump Force (Weekly Shonen Jump)
Premise: When an unknown phenomenon causes two multiverses to collide with one another. The heroes from both sides must band together to find the cause and fix it.

Too bad I don't have what it takes to do such a massive crossover because this would be so legit of a storyline. Among the fights I'd definitely have is King K. Rool vs. Endeavor and Bakugou vs. Ridley. With the latter I'm just picturing a part in the story where Bakugou for the first time in his life being unsettled by a villain because of the pure malice and evil Ridley gives off and for once takes a fight quite seriously rather then boasting.

Another idea would be that once both multiverses fuses together it sends both heroes and villains all over the place lost eventually meeting with one another until all banding together overtime. Think SubSpace Emissary such as Bakugou teaming up with Samus upon having an encounter with Ridley.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ideal Nintendo v Capcom Roster

Mario
Bowser
Kirby
Meta Knight
Link
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Ganondorf
King K Rool
Bayonetta
Spring Man
Inkling
Diddy Kong
Sulk
Elma
Marth
Samus
Ridley
Zero Suit
Isaac
King Dedede
Mr. Game And Watch
Pit
Palutena
Rex and Pyra
Captain Falcon
Ness
Pikachu
Charizard
Mewtwo
Isabelle
Arthur
Chris Redfield
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Frank West
Jedah Dohma
Mike Haggar
Monster Hunter
Sigma
Ryu
Ken
Mega Man
M. Bison
Nemesis
My Nintendo Vs Capcom Roster

A couple of notes with my list, first

• 25 characters per company, making 50 in total
  • I decided to prioritize Capcom franchises with Nintendo history, So if you're asking why Mega Man has 4 characters and Devil May Cry only has 2, that's why
  • This was very tough, as both franchises have several crossover mainstays. So there are very few newcomers, with only 5, 2 on Nintendo's Side, and 3 on Capcom's side
  • The Nintendo newcomers were kinda interesting to come up with, as all of the major Nintendo franchise are already represented in Smash. because of this, I decided to add some slightly obscure characters as the newcomers
  • This is my own personal biased opinion, so there might be some very controversial picks... (Including a certain character on Nintendo's side)
  • I'm open to feedback, so if you have either any criticisms or suggestions on how to improve my roster, feel free to do so...
Nintendo Side
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Yoshi
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Samus
  8. Link
  9. Zelda
  10. Samus
  11. Kirby
  12. Fox
  13. Pikachu
  14. Mewtwo
  15. Ness
  16. Captain Falcon
  17. Marth
  18. Pit
  19. Olimar
  20. Isabelle
  21. Little Mac
  22. Shulk
  23. Inkling
  24. Takamaru (Nintendo Newcomer)
  25. Rhythm Reporter (Nintendo Newcomer)
Capcom Side
  1. Ryu
  2. Chun Li
  3. Guile
  4. M. Bison
  5. Mega Man
  6. Dr Wily (Capcom Newcomer)
  7. Zero
  8. Tron Bonne
  9. Leon (Capcom Newcomer)
  10. Jill
  11. Nemesis
  12. Dante
  13. Vergil
  14. Morrigan
  15. Mike Haggar
  16. Phoenix Wright
  17. Monster Hunter
  18. Sir Arthur
  19. Amaterasu
  20. Zack & Wiki (Capcom Newcomer)
  21. Strider Hiryu
  22. Frank West
  23. Viewtiful Joe
  24. Rad Spencer (No dreadlocks Nathan this time, just good ol' 80's Rad)
  25. Captain Commando

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This would make for such a legit crossover storyline.

Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo)/Jump Force (Weekly Shonen Jump)
Premise: When an unknown phenomenon causes two multiverses to collide with one another. The heroes from both sides must band together to find the cause and fix it.
90% of crossovers use that premise.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

• I decided to prioritize Capcom franchises with Nintendo history, So if you're asking why Mega Man has 4 characters and Devil May Cry only has 2, that's why
  • This was very tough, as both franchises have several crossover mainstays. So there are very few newcomers, with only 5, 2 on Nintendo's Side, and 3 on Capcom's side
  • The Nintendo newcomers were kinda interesting to come up with, as all of the major Nintendo franchise are already represented in Smash. because of this, I decided to add some slightly obscure characters as the newcomers
  • This is my own personal biased opinion, so there might be some very controversial picks... (Including a certain character on Nintendo's side)
  • I'm open to feedback, so if you have any suggestions on how to improve my roster, feel free to do so...
Nintendo Side
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Yoshi
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Samus
  8. Link
  9. Zelda
  10. Samus
  11. Kirby
  12. Fox
  13. Pikachu
  14. Mewtwo
  15. Ness
  16. Captain Falcon
  17. Marth
  18. Pit
  19. Olimar
  20. Isabelle
  21. Little Mac
  22. Shulk
  23. Inkling

Capcom Side
  1. Ryu
  2. Chun Li
  3. Guile
  4. M. Bison
  5. Mega Man
  7. Zero
  8. Tron Bonne
  10. Jill
  11. Nemesis
  12. Dante
  13. Vergil
  14. Morrigan
  15. Mike Haggar
  16. Phoenix Wright
  17. Monster Hunter
  18. Sir Arthur
  19. Amaterasu
  21. Strider Hiryu
  22. Frank West
  23. Viewtiful Joe
  25. Captain Commando
How dare you leave out Captain Rainbow...the 2nd greatest Nintendo character to never join America through his own game

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

• I'm open to feedback, so if you have any suggestions on how to improve my roster, feel free to do so...
Nintendo Side
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Yoshi
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Samus
  8. Link
  9. Zelda
  10. Samus
  11. Kirby
  12. Fox
  13. Pikachu
  14. Mewtwo
  15. Ness
  16. Captain Falcon
  17. Marth
  18. Pit
  19. Olimar
  20. Isabelle
  21. Little Mac
  22. Shulk
  23. Inkling
Capcom Side
  1. Ryu
  2. Chun Li
  3. Guile
  4. M. Bison
  5. Mega Man
  7. Zero
  8. Tron Bonne
  10. Jill
  11. Nemesis
  12. Dante
  13. Vergil
  14. Morrigan
  15. Mike Haggar
  16. Phoenix Wright
  17. Monster Hunter
  18. Sir Arthur
  19. Amaterasu
  21. Strider Hiryu
  22. Frank West
  23. Viewtiful Joe
  25. Captain Commando
I only respect the Strider Hiryu pick.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, anyone wanna talk about a Tekken character in Smash? I know that's not in the current rumor mill going on now, but it hasn't been completely shut down yet either from what I can tell.

90% of crossovers use that premise.
Find me a company wide crossover that doesn't.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Well great now I want Bowser jrs moveset to be based on his Bowser jrs journey incarnation as a summoning type of playstyle. Most notably his down special.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Negan for Smash.
Dammit, that's not what I meant.
Grandpa is angry his black karate clothes are ruined.gif

I want to hear people's current opinions, or moveset ideas, even if it's really basic. Or stage ideas. The Tekken 4 Arena would make a good stage if Heihachi is picked as the Tekken character. But if it's Jin, I think Jin's Tekken 3 stage would be a no-brainer, It showed up in T3, TTT1, and Tekken Advance it was even remade in Tekken 6 and Tekken TAG 2 to an extent.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
View attachment 186829

I want to hear people's current opinions, or moveset ideas, even if it's really basic. Or stage ideas. The Tekken 4 Arena would make a good stage if Heihachi is picked as the Tekken character. But if it's Jin, I think Jin's Tekken 3 stage would be a no-brainer, It showed up in T3, TTT1, and Tekken Advance it was even remade in Tekken 6 and Tekken TAG 2 to an extent.
Fine.

Gon for Smash.

I think a stage designed with a detailed black an white manga artstyle would look interesting. Throw in a bunch of animals in the background too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gosh I need to go get myself a micro SD card before the next patch drops. I just want through my recordings and saw that I had a pretty cool Charizard 0-to-Death that I forgot I had.

Man it's crazy how scrubby my Squirtle used to be. This match was probably less then a month ago and I'm still shaking my head at how I played him and Ivy. I'll probably think the same thing about my current Squirtle next month to...I've never really seriously played a character with such stubby range before so I've still got a lot of room to grow with him.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Negan and the rest of the Walking Dead franchise for taking it out back like Old Yeller and putting it out of it's misery----
Negan should just put the whole show out of its misery 'cause it's awful now, but that's besides the point...

Fine, how about Bob then?

(I don't really know anything about Tekken...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom