• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
hey, remember when melee had these things?

wonder why they never did em again

D

Deleted member

Why you gotta be such a pessimist bro

what did sakurai do to you
did the current president of nintendo whos name i dont even remember sneak in your bed, put warm water on your hand, and made you wet the bed or smth
I don't think I'm being a pessimist, more so just pissed, really. It's almost gonna be the THIRD year of the Switch, and the virtual console is worse than the ****ing Wii U. How?

Like, I just want a good virtual console. I don't understand how hard that is to do. Don't get me wrong, the NES Online App? What virtual console SHOULD'VE always been. I love the execution and it's what I've wanted. However, the amount of games and the fact it's only NES? Screw off.

Again, it boggles my mind how the usual lesser of the big three, Microsoft, can do virtual console right, yet Sony and Nintendo are pissing in the wind.

Oh, and Sakurai did some questionable choices with music and online is terribad in Smash Ultimate, to answer the other question. :dazwa:

NineS

Smash Lord
As much as I like taking a crap on the Online, I actually very rarely get very bad rulesets or really terrible lag.

Also Super Metroid is amazing. That alone makes the SNES lineup great.
Speaking of which, seeing as Ridley is playable in Smash now...

By any chance would anyone happen to be working on some Playable Ridley ROM hack? Because I'd kill to play as him in some more games.
I know it's not gonna happen, but a guy can dream. I'll settle for replaying Super Metroid for the 60th time if I have to.

But back on the main topic, I really don't have any issues with online. Aside from the fact I wish we could have our amiibos fight online in arenas or tournaments or something, and I kind of find being unable to switch characters too often in quickplay like before to be an inconvenience, I truthfully don't have any issues with online gameplay. 99.8% of the time I get exactly what I'm looking for.

It'd probably be at least half an hour with all the characters we have now. I still miss melee's opening though.
This begs another question. Why did they have to remove all those neat little cutscenes or clips you'd get after beating a character's classic mode?

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'm not seeing a Goofy spirit battle, bucko.
View attachment 186846
Characters like Goofy, Donald, Mickey, etc weren't included because I could see Disney asking more money for them then the KH originals.
If not then I could see Donald & Goofy being a single Spirit against Duck Hunt using colour 2 (Black Dog, Blue Duck) with both a Back Shield and a Star Rod and the battle taking place on Peach's Castle (64).

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

All of the little character trailers on the Smash Ultimate site / blog, played end to end, is kind of basically that, just with less time for each character, less musical coordination, and without the trailers for the modes and items.
Still, something like that in the game itself would’ve been cool, huh?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sakurai did some questionable choices with music
The only way I can see Sakurai not being a scapegoat creator here is when meeting with composers, the list of music suggestions said "Exclude songs TotsBS wants".

Noipoi

Howdy!
Characters like Goofy, Donald, Mickey, etc weren't included because I could see Disney asking more money for them then the KH originals.
If not then I could see Donald & Goofy being a single Spirit against Duck Hunt using colour 2 (Black Dog, Blue Duck) with both a Back Shield and a Star Rod and the battle taking place on Peach's Castle (64).
I know, I was simply being

Goofy.

We better get an N64 classic.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When do you expect we'll get the next DLC character announcement or at least tease because as said we've exhausted every discussion possible for the moment.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why did they have to remove all those neat little cutscenes or clips you'd get after beating a character's classic mode?
Yeah you just ****ing lost me on that one, you mean these?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We better get an N64 classic.
1513673812741.png

Dude, it just turned 22 last year. Give it another 2 at least. Let them pad it out with a Gameboy Classic or something, you can't forget that exists.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah you just ****ing lost me on that one, you mean these?

Melee, Brawl and Smash for Wii U gave a little 10 sec clip for each character upon completing classic mode.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
View attachment 186853

Dude, it just turned 20 last year. Give it another 4 at least. Let them pad it out with a Gameboy Classic or something, you can't forget that exists.
How small would a GB Classic be, if it’s scaled down like the other classic systems, especially if it’s specifically a GB Pocket Classic?

...How small would a Game Boy Advance Mini Classic be??

D

Deleted member

Which brings us back to that SNES list with Star Fox 2, like wasn't one of the biggest appeals of the SNES Classic was "UNRELEASED STAR FOX 2, SNES CLASSIC-EXCLUSIVE CUCKBOY"? Now that it's coming to Online, supposedly, I'm just more confused???

I dunno, lately I've become more cynical towards Nintendo because I really do want them to fix their ****. They're willing with region locking, I don't want them to keep on doin' this whole "one step forward, two step back" ****.

The only way I can see Sakurai not being a scapegoat creator here is when meeting with composers, the list of music suggestions said "Exclude songs TotsBS wants".
Wouldn't be surprised since THERE ISN'T ULTIMATE KOOPA.

THREE SMASH GAMES WITHOUT THAT BANGER. THREE.

BAT SPEAR.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How small would a GB Classic be, if it’s scaled down like the other classic systems, especially if it’s specifically a GB Pocket Classic?
The GB itself is already portable, it's fine as is already unless they want to shrink it down just a tiny bit to like 2DS size or something.

The power is, would it be chargeable or would you bust out the batteries?

Noipoi

Howdy!

...How small would a Game Boy Advance Mini Classic be??
Y'know how the other classics fit in your palm?

The Gameboy Classic fits on your fingertip.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Which brings us back to that SNES list with Star Fox 2, like wasn't one of the biggest appeals of the SNES Classic was "UNRELEASED STAR FOX 2, SNES CLASSIC-EXCLUSIVE CUCKBOY"? Now that it's coming to Online, supposedly, I'm just more confused???

I dunno, lately I've become more cynical towards Nintendo because I really do want them to fix their ****. They're willing with region locking, I don't want them to keep on doin' this whole "one step forward, two step back" ****.

Wouldn't be surprised since THERE ISN'T ULTIMATE KOOPA.

THREE SMASH GAMES WITHOUT THAT BANGER. THREE.

View attachment 186854
Isn't Nintendo discontinuing the classic console line? While that in itself is another discussion, it'd probably make sense to put Star Fox 2 on the service rather than leave it on a micro ocnsole not being produced anymore.

But yeah, I would like to meet the entire music team and just ask how all of them managed to miss tracks like Ultimate Koopa, Vs. Red, etc.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean the actual cutscenes.
Not the still images.
thanks for reminding me how poopoo the wii u graphics were

so glad we're up to the xbox one standard of graphical capabilities. Goodbye 2008 polygons, hello 2013 graphics! :yeahboi:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The GB itself is already portable, it's fine as is already unless they want to shrink it down just a tiny bit to like 2DS size or something.

The power is, would it be chargeable or would you bust out the batteries?
I was joking ahaha, although I can imagine it being a little bit smaller and probably also notably lighter.
Rechargeable batteries would help with making the form factor slimmer, although, as it would be intended to be a nostalgia based system, I can imagine them using batteries just because of nostalgia.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can I get a link to that list please?
You've spent the entirety of this time waiting instead of clicking to another tab and using Google.

That's next level trust on your anonymous internet companions.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not the still images.

They just silently removed them.
Is the jingle/theme/music still even hidden away in the game? I find the music to be somewhat nostalgic.
It's actually weird that they cut these considering the Character trailers on the website are essentially supplemental for them. All they had to do was change the music tracks and add a still image at the end...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not the still images.

They just silently removed them.
Is the jingle/theme/music still even hidden away in the game? I find the music to be somewhat nostalgic.
I’m gonna assume that they were replaced with these:

EDIT: didn’t think I was gonna get :ultgreninja:‘d there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isn't Nintendo discontinuing the classic console line? While that in itself is another discussion, it'd probably make sense to put Star Fox 2 on the service rather than leave it on a micro ocnsole not being produced anymore.

But yeah, I would like to meet the entire music team and just ask how all of them managed to miss tracks like Ultimate Koopa, Vs. Red, etc.
Hey, if the Classic Edition consoles are being discontinued, I'm all for it. All their purposes were to fill in the gap between the Wii U and the Switch and make people remember that Nintendo is still a thing, really.

All their legacy content should be way more streamlined, and the NES Online App is just that. Again, it's the quantity that needs to really be ramped up, both games and console-wise, so if this SNES list is real and we expand more, we can't just stop it there. Japanese fans aren't even getting Fire Emblem 3, for ****s sake.

And about Smash, for example, let's take a look at Mario. We have music from ****ing Mario Sports Superstars, yet no Ultimate Koopa. We have Xenoblade 2 music, but no Counterattack. You have plenty of Paper Mario spirits, such as Dimentio, yet literally no ****ing Paper Mario music outside of Color Splash, so no Super Paper Mario music.

Don't get me wrong, there are series that FINALLY got justice, such as Donkey Kong, but man, there are quite a handful of other series that got questionable treatment. Also yeah, Final Fantasy situation is stupid, two whole songs, blah blah.

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You've spent the entirety of this time waiting instead of clicking to another tab and using Google.

It’s kind of like walking up to the front door of a building and waiting for someone to be gentlemanly and hold the door open for you. You could just open the door easily, but this also gives others the opportunity to earn some gentlemanliness points.

Edit: This is assuming there aren’t other factors involved, as was just mentioned in a few posts. In this case, in this analogy, you may be holding something heavy that’s preventing you from using your hands, so you have to wait for someone.
Sorry! :(

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

I admire nintendo for making a console rather than a social media streaming machine that most people use to watch netflix, but they really got hire some people under the age of 107 to make some decisions. It's like every month, they do some dumb stuff that seems to make no sense to anyone at all. I mean there's a huge list of "why?" crap that Nintendo has done over the past few years that still don't really have an answer. I don't expect them to change any time soon

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

I've spent that time having to take care of a crying kid :/

Also am I now not allowed to ask what the **** is being talked about on a forum or is it just high and mighty time for everyone now and asking what is actually being talked about is now forbidden?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom