• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Woah what the heck you're okay right?
discarded message from earlier lmao, I need to start double checking. But yes, I was in a lockdown at a walmart due to a shooter.

Hella embarrassing tho. Hate when I do that

edit: it was in Denham Springs, Louisiana. It's all good now, it happened yesterday. The past 24ish hours or so have been absolutely wild.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
discarded message from earlier lmao, I need to start double checking. But yes, I was in a lockdown at a walmart due to a shooter.

Damn, Mission Impossible couldn't even be planned.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
As long as you're okay.
Weird decision by the cops tbh. The shooter shot(maybe killed idk) a man outside then went into the walmart for hiding I suppose. The cops decided that the building should be on lockdown so he doesn't get out, and to make sure, they had the parking lot completely blocked off even if you did manage to leave.

Strange to trap us in there with the dude, but in better news, picked up Dark Samus. Hope she ends up being good in the meta.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also daily reminder that...

six months after Brawl's release, Kirby Super Star Ultra came out 10 years ago
we've had Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U happen 4 years ago

and yet still for some reason when we arrive at Smash Ultimate, this song still isn't in Smash.

AND MASKED DEDEDE IS ****ING DEDEDE'S NEW FINAL SMASH, TOO.

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I admire nintendo for making a console rather than a social media streaming machine that most people use to watch netflix, but they really got hire some people under the age of 107 to make some decisions. It's like every month, they do some dumb stuff that seems to make no sense to anyone at all. I mean there's a huge list of "why?" crap that Nintendo has done over the past few years that still don't really have an answer. I don't expect them to change any time soon
Yeah, since the Switch is selling very well, they really don’t have that much of an incentive, huh?
Hopefully there’s some kind of secret thing they have planned, but I dunno.

I've spent that time having to take care of a crying kid :/

Also am I now not allowed to ask what the **** is being talked about on a forum or is it just high and mighty time for everyone now and asking what is actually being talked about is now forbidden?
IIRC, a mod said that it actually is against the rules to ask about what’s being talked about, since they said it’s a form of spam (please correct me if I remembered it wrong.)

Good to hear you’re fine, but still, yikes! D:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
IIRC, a mod said that it actually is against the rules to ask about what’s being talked about, since they said it’s a form of spam (please correct me if I remembered it wrong.)
Redboy is really out here snitching on our fellow users. :crying:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nairo is playing Smash 4 and holy **** does it look weird to me

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Yeah, since the Switch is selling very well, they really don’t have that much of an incentive, huh?
Hopefully there’s some kind of secret thing they have planned, but I dunno.

Good to hear you’re fine, but still, yikes! D:
Wasn't that only if what was being asked about was against the rules to begin with?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Wasn't that only if what was being asked about was against the rules to begin with?
I just went back to the posts for when they closed the thread and I remembered it wrong. It isn’t even asking what happened that’s against the rules, it’s responding to users asking about it when, as you said, what was being asked about was against the rules, as responding to the question prolongs the derailment of the thread.

Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

edit: it was in Denham Springs, Louisiana. It's all good now, it happened yesterday. The past 24ish hours or so have been absolutely wild.
Wait, weren't you also in a store where a guy almost pulled a gun? Damn, either way, glad you're okay.

On topic, anyone fought a Ness that just fishes for PK fires and that's it? It's only happened to me once, but I'll never forget that stupid match.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

and yet still for some reason when we arrive at Smash Ultimate, this song still isn't in Smash.

I'm still hoping they do DLC costumes, or DLC music even. Just so I can play online as the Masked King to this awesome music.
Just listening to Masked Dedede's theme gets me hyped up and raring to go.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I just went back to the posts for when they closed the thread and I remembered it wrong. It isn’t even asking what happened that’s against the rules, it’s responding to users asking about it when, as you said, what was being asked about was against the rules, as responding to the question prolongs the derailment of the thread.

Sorry about that!
Glad I wasn't crazy there. lol. Also is the non pokemon in your avatar that water friend from Kirby Star Allies? Looks very similar

NineS

Smash Lord
YEP. literally feels like I'm in final destination with the fact that **** like this happened within two months of each other
You should probably start wearing a sign or something that tells people in the vicinity that there may be a shooter in the area.

You have absolutely terrible luck, and I'm happy you're safe. Please do not take this the wrong way but if I heard you and I were at the same store, I'd pull a Kool-aid man and burst through the wall just to make sure I'm not around when someone aims their weapon.
I'm a very cowardly person.

Glad I wasn't crazy there. lol. Also is the non pokemon in your avatar that water friend from Kirby Star Allies? Looks very similar
I think it's the Nipper Plant.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

What Kirby stage do you think that’d sound good on?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Final Destination.

You can't tell me that's not a Kirby stage when Dedede himself is the creator of Smash bros ultimate.
It's only fitting.

Serious answer: All of them.
Now I’m imagining if there were an option to use characters’ theme songs in place of the stage music, like in Street Fighter. So, thus, you could hear Dedede’s theme anytime you use him (although you’d be stuck hearing other characters’ themes a lot of the time, too, it can play only one song at a time...)

Alternatively, what if it started playing whenever you have a notable lead as that character? It’d be an extra little bonus for being way ahead, kind of like the extra percussive track in recent Mario Karts when you’re in first.

D

Deleted member

Now I’m imagining if there were an option to use characters’ theme songs in place of the stage music, like in Street Fighter. So, thus, you could hear Dedede’s theme anytime you use him (although you’d be stuck hearing other characters’ themes a lot of the time, too, it can play only one song at a time...)

Alternatively, what if it started playing whenever you have a notable lead as that character? It’d be an extra little bonus for being way ahead, kind of like the extra percussive track in recent Mario Karts when you’re in first.
But wouldn't someones like Wario's be annoying

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Would most of the themes they used in the character trailers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom