• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
"b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but they're not related???!?"

Like the stupid-*** trope of sibling incest that isn't actually incest because they aren't blood related is stupid af bc like even though they aren't blood related doesn't ****ing mean it isn't ****ing incest

Like if you grow up with somebody who acts like your sister, talks like your sister, and is, for all intents and purposes, your sister in EVERY ****ING WAY besides genetically, then it's weird if you ****ing bone her. Even if you aren't blood related. It's weird and bad and really gross and I hate it.

Like so much weird media goes "oh it's not incest because they aren't blood related" but that's just a paper thin excuse to pretend that they aren't making some gross incest ****, because they ****ing are. It's definitely based on the idea and desire of nailing a relative, even if they aren't blood related. If somebody gets off to someone ****ing their stepsister, then they're getting off to the idea of someone ****ing their sister. Full stop.
The main reason incest is bad is because the offspring might be messed up. If the partners are not blood related, that concern goes away.

Although if you were responding to that Corrin/Corrin S ranking video, then yeah, that was weird.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The main reason incest is bad is because the offspring might be messed up. If the partners are not blood related, that concern goes away.

Although if you were responding to that Corrin/Corrin S ranking video, then yeah, that was weird.
This is a messy argument to get into but...Does Corrin x Elise really not seem predatory at all to you? Although to be fair Elise x almost anyone is kind of messed up...

Anyway it still doesn't make sense from a narrative standpoint because if someone thinks of someone as a sibling, they aren't going to stop thinking that just because they find out they aren't related. If I somehow found out that I was adopted tomorrow and that I'm not genetically related to my sisters I still wouldn't stop thinking of them like that. Then consider that Fire Emblem Fates is actually supposed to have themes family at its core and it's still really problematic writing no matter how you stretch it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Anyway it still doesn't make sense from a narrative standpoint because if someone thinks of someone as a sibling, they aren't going to stop thinking that just because they find out they aren't related.
Wish I could say this was true but I know people who ask what's wrong with me when bringing this up. To them finding out someone isn't related is like having the opportunity to date someone who already knows you intimately.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I noticed a few pages back people were saying that "Brave" was a rather light character and it could be Sora. But that's not really true. He sits at 101. Bowser is 135 and Pichu is at 62. Brace is a rather heavy character. Joker is lighter than him considering he's the lightest of the 3.

I honestly don't think weights really make any sort of hints towards what the character is but if Sora is being speculated for Brave over his weight then I think the weight just doesn't fit that mindset. He's not particularly light like people are saying Sora would be.

I dunno. My two cents.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
I noticed a few pages back people were saying that "Brave" was a rather light character and it could be Sora. But that's not really true. He sits at 101. Bowser is 135 and Pichu is at 62. Brace is a rather heavy character. Joker is lighter than him considering he's the lightest of the 3.

I honestly don't think weights really make any sort of hints towards what the character is but if Sora is being speculated for Brave over his weight then I think the weight just doesn't fit that mindset. He's not particularly light like people are saying Sora would be.

I dunno. My two cents.
I think they meant the floatiness of their jumps, but i get what you mean. Its like the slide thing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wish I could say this was true but I know people who ask what's wrong with me when bringing this up. To them finding out someone isn't related is like having the opportunity to date someone who already knows you intimately.
Do these people actually have siblings? If so that's uh...yikes.

I'm the middle child between two sisters, one of which many people would consider attractive, and yet I could never relate to that train of thought. And not just because I'm a little bit of a prude (which I admittedly kind of am at times).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I'm the middle child between two sisters, one of which many people would consider attractive, and yet I could never relate to that train of thought. And not just because I'm a little bit of a prude (which I admittedly kind of am at times).
Yes and there's other weird relationship **** I could talk about but let's not.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This is a messy argument to get into but...Does Corrin x Elise really not seem predatory at all to you? Although to be fair Elise x almost anyone is kind of messed up...

Anyway it still doesn't make sense from a narrative standpoint because if someone thinks of someone as a sibling, they aren't going to stop thinking that just because they find out they aren't related. If I somehow found out that I was adopted tomorrow and that I'm not genetically related to my sisters I still wouldn't stop thinking of them like that. Then consider that Fire Emblem Fates is actually supposed to have themes family at its core and it's still really problematic writing no matter how you stretch it.

I try not to think about it.

I agree with staindgrey staindgrey , IntSys really shouldn't have made the Fates lords dateable.

I dunno. My two cents.
101 Weight is actually a unique weight value in Smash Ultimate.

105: N/A
104: :ultlink::ultyoshi::ultfalcon::4miigun:
103: :ultryu::ultken:
102: :ultmegaman:
101: "Brave"
100: :4miisword::ultcloud:
99: N/A
98: :ultmario::ultdoc::ultcorrin:
97: :ultluigi::ultshulk:
96: :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultivysaur::ultwiifittrainer:
95: :ultroy::ultchrom::ultrobin::ultpacman:

100 used to be Mario's weight, and was the standard all others were compared to (obviously, that's changed since then and now Mario is 98.
--------------------------------
I had a bizarre Smash dream last night, I dreamt that I managed to get 9.9 intensity in all Classic Mode runs and unlocked a new character.

For some reason, everyone, including myself, acted as though we had already been informed of this months in advance, but had forgotten.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

I dunno. My two cents.
I believe at this point people are just grasping at reasons to say their character is "Brave" using the datamined stats.

But wasn't :ultpiranha:'s speed changed from really fast to really slow?

Datamine stats don't really mean anything

KMDP

Smash Legend
I believe at this point people are just grasping at reasons to say their character is "Brave" using the datamined stats.

But wasn't :ultpiranha:'s speed changed from really fast to really slow?

Datamine stats don't really mean anything
Datamine stats are subject to change, often radically so because we're not meant to have actually seen them at this point.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
KH3 is 10 days away, so if Sora is really "Brave", i think he should be revealed soon, either on launch week or the week after. If not, i think we can safely say he´s not in, sadly.

D

Deleted member

Also, I had an idea for a JRPG Fighting Game Roster, even though it's probably terrible:
  • Final Fantasy: Warrior of Light, Cecil Harvey, Bartz, Terra Bradford, Cloud Strife, Squall Lionheart, Tidus, Noctis Lucis Calem.
  • Pokemon: Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, Sceptile, Gardevior, Garchomp, Lucario, Zoroark, Greninja, Lycanroc.
  • Tales Of: Stahn Aleron, Lloyd Irving, Luke Von Fabre, Yuri Lowell, Jude Mathis, Mila Maxwell, Velvet Crowe.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Kazuya, Aleph, Demi-Fiend, Flynn.
  • Dragon Quest: Erdrick, Kiryl, Bianca, Jessica, Jade.
  • Fire Emblem: Marth, Lyn, Hector, Ike, Robin, Corrin, Fjorm.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Shulk, Elma, Rex & Pyra.
  • Persona: Minato Arisato, Yu Narukami, Ren Amamiya/Joker.
  • Nier: 2B
  • Xenosaga: KOS MOS
  • Phantasy Star: Alis Landlale, Ethan Waber
  • Chrono Trigger: Chrono
  • Ys: Adol Christin
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel: Rean Schwazer

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

KH3 is 10 days away, so if Sora is really "Brave", i think he should be revealed soon, either on launch week or the week after. If not, i think we can safely say he´s not in, sadly.
That worked well for Yoshi, didn't it?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, I had an idea for a JRPG Fighting Game Roster, even though it's probably terrible:
  • Final Fantasy: Warrior of Light, Cecil Harvey, Bartz, Terra Bradford, Cloud Strife, Squall Lionheart, Tidus, Noctis Lucis Calem.
  • Pokemon: Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, Sceptile, Gardevior, Garchomp, Lucario, Zoroark, Greninja, Lycanroc.
  • Tales Of: Stahn Aleron, Lloyd Irving, Luke Von Fabre, Yuri Lowell, Jude Mathis, Mila Maxwell, Velvet Crowe.
  • Persona: Minato Arisato, Yu Narukami, Ren Ayamaya/Joker.
Nice roster, even though Pokémon kinda stands out.

Also, nitpick but it should be Ren Amamiya, not Ayamaya.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Also, kinda unrelated, but i saw I Choose You on netflix today, and i finally saw the Pikachu talking scene. It was cute, and i dont really get what the anger was about when it came out.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Also, kinda unrelated, but i saw I Choose You on netflix today, and i finally saw the Pikachu talking scene. It was cute, and i dont really get what the anger was about when it came out.
I think it was mostly shock that kicked in when that scene played. I was in a theater with a bunch of adults saying “What the ****?” and couldn’t help laughing during the entire ordeal.

The scene itself is OK though.

D

Deleted member

Didn't select few Pokemon talk in the movies?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but sometimes they dont. Lucario in this movie doesn´t talk, but he did in his debut movie and some other media, Smash being a good example.
I found it odd that Lucario spoke in Smash when the other Pokemon didn't. Eh, whatever.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
  • Persona: Minato Arisato, Yu Narukami, Ren Amamiya/Joker.
That looks good, although heavily leaning towards 3 specific series...

In my version, it'd be like this:

Pokémon: Grovyle, Pikachu, Greninja, Garchomp, Sandshrew (look at my profile pic)
Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Lyn, Corrin, Robin
Xenoblade: Shulk, Rex, Elma, Lora, Mecha-Fiora
Nier: 2B, A2, Nier
Xenosaga: T-Elos, KOS MOS
Final Fantasy: Cloud Strife, Noctis, Sora, Sephiroth, 1 more (haven't played that much FF)
Tales of: Lloyd Irving, Yuri Lowell, Velvet Crowe (1 more, same as above)
Shin Megami Tensei: 4 dudes, never played it but it looks good
Dragon Quest: Erdrick, Slime, 2 more
Persona: Joker, 1 more
Chrono Trigger: Chrono
Yes: Adol Christin
Golden Sun: Isaac, Felix
Super Mario RPG: Mario, Bowser, Geno, Fawfull
Mother: Ness, Lucas, Porky

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is it the "Know my power!" line?
From Smash wiki:
  • Turns its back to the screen and looks back over its shoulder, saying "Hmm..." In the Japanese version, it says "私はなぜここにいるのか...?" ("Why am I here?")
    [*]Thrusts its hand forward, emits dark energy from its body, and growls. In the Japanese version, it says "私はまけるわけにはいかない!" ("I can not lose!")
    [*]Spins once and then poses while laughing ominously and emitting a flame-like aura of dark energy around itself. In the Japanese version, it says "愚かな!" ("Foolish!")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom