• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
From Smash wiki:
  • Turns its back to the screen and looks back over its shoulder, saying "Hmm..." In the Japanese version, it says "私はなぜここにいるのか...?" ("Why am I here?")
Just to suffer?

MainJPW

M.T.A
From Smash wiki:
  • Turns its back to the screen and looks back over its shoulder, saying "Hmm..." In the Japanese version, it says "私はなぜここにいるのか...?" ("Why am I here?")
    [*]Thrusts its hand forward, emits dark energy from its body, and growls. In the Japanese version, it says "私はまけるわけにはいかない!" ("I can not lose!")
    [*]Spins once and then poses while laughing ominously and emitting a flame-like aura of dark energy around itself. In the Japanese version, it says "愚かな!" ("Foolish!")
Is there a specific reason why he doesn’t have dubbed lines?

Edit: I totally forgot he shared the same voice in English.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Is there a specific reason why he doesn’t have dubbed lines?
It was actually revealed a few years ago that Mewtwo in the Movies was made "more of a villain and less filosophical" in the western versions because American localisation thought children wouldn't be interested in a morally grey villain.
Maybe that has been extended to a full on censorship of Mewtwo?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It was actually revealed a few years ago that Mewtwo in the Movies was made "more of a villain and less filosophical" in the western versions because American localisation thought children wouldn't be interested in a morally grey villain.
Maybe that has been extended to a full on censorship of Mewtwo?
Stupid 4Kids...

It wasn't even necessary censorship this time, just lack of confidence in children's tastes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For Zoe...
Vinnie Terrio: :ultyoshi: who loves to taunt and shields often
Minka Mark: Pink Outfit :ultdiddy:with a Banana Gun and increased Speed
Russell Ferguson: :ultsonic: with increased defense and neutral B power
Buttercream Sundae: Female :ultpikachu: with a Bunny Hood and increased attack at high damage
I had 3 more ideas overnight lol
Pepper Clark: Gray Outfit :ultisabelle: with a Smoke Ball, favors side smashes
Sunil Nevla: Green :ultlucario: that tends to avoid conflict but has reduced defense
Penny Ling: Bow :ultjigglypuff: with a Poke Ball that summons a Bewear

Edit: Nobody gets any of these references, why the **** am I even bothering...?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'd sub out Blackbeard with Ace or Katakuri for One Piece; Blackbeard's boring.

(That's about all I can comment on though since I don't watch that much anime.)
Actually, I think Blackbeard should stay. Mainly because of the unique fact(canon speak btw) he has TWO Devil Fruit powers(would normally kill you)

D

Deleted member

From Smash wiki:
    [*]Thrusts its hand forward, emits dark energy from its body, and growls. In the Japanese version, it says "私はまけるわけにはいかない!" ("I can not lose!")
    [*]Spins once and then poses while laughing ominously and emitting a flame-like aura of dark energy around itself. In the Japanese version, it says "愚かな!" ("Foolish!")
I’d love for his Japanese lines to be in the game.
I don’t care that they’re not English, they sound so cool and menacing.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I don’t know about you guys, but the plant (can’t spell the first part) looks really fun and I’m way to excited to give em a go!

:ultrobinf::ultwiifittrainerm:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I wish Smash Ultimate had selective dual audio.

Alas, it does not, it's all or nothing, I'm afraid.
I would've left everyone the same, except switching Villager to Dutch, so I could hear the glorious Dorpsbewoner.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still check the Smash website every day, just in case they post Joker's official render without an announcement...

D

Deleted member

I remember doing that, back in the Smash 4 days...

Good times
OMG, the Smash 4 days... that takes me back. I went on the computer in the classroom every day at lunch, and I remember running to the back of the classroom to tell my best friend when :ultrosalina: was announced... after all, that was the first time a Newcomer was announced since E3, so it was the first time I was there to witness it on reveal day... :3

D

Deleted member

4kids is great because they piss off weebs despite not existing and only dubbing kid shows
Sarcasim or no? Personally, 4kids can rot in hell for all I care. No, better yet, THE FCC(did I spell that right?) Can go stuff their regulations down a pothole.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
OMG, the Smash 4 days... that takes me back. I went on the computer in the classroom every day at lunch, and I remember running to the back of the classroom to tell my best friend when :ultrosalina: was announced... after all, that was the first time a Newcomer was announced since E3, so it was the first time I was there to witness it on reveal day... :3
I specifically remember one day, around E3 time, I left the browser on the Smash site overnight, and then I came back to it, clicked something, and bam! :ultpacman: showed up... And assuming he was one of my most wanteds at the time, I freaked out...

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I specifically remember one day, around E3 time, I left the browser on the Smash Site overnight, and then I came back to it, clicked something, and bam! :ultpacman: showed up... And assuming he was one of my most wanteds at the time, I freaked out...
I remember logging in one day and seeing buff Ike out of nowhere, was great. Part of the fun was seeing which fighters returned or not.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Sarcasim or no? Personally, 4kids can rot in hell for all I care. No, better yet, THE FCC(did I spell that right?) Can go stuff their regulations down a pothole.
This is the same FCC that Ajit Pai has been running into the ground, right? Personally, I hope that smarmy git gets investigated, tried, found guilty, and thrown in jail.
I mean by saying that you're proving him right
Again, are we talking about Ajit Pai here? The same Ajit Pai who's trying to enable Comcast and Verizon to literally throttle the Internet?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I remember logging in one day and seeing buff Ike out of nowhere, was great. Part of the fun was seeing which fighters returned or not.
It was actually pretty scary too

I remember as a Yoshi player, being on the edge of my seat, worrying that he got cut...

I bet Zinith Zinith could relate to this

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Personally, I hope that smarmy git gets investigated, tried, found guilty, and thrown in jail to share a cell with a large, violent homosexual.
taking a dark turn here on smashboards, the website about super smash brothers

also don't wish sexual assault on people what the **** is wrong with you

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
The Smash Four days were pretty great, except for the Picture of the Day thing. A bunch of new characters, each with interesting gimmicks, and Dark Pit and Lucina, I guess. It was the first Smash Bros in HD (well, the Wii U, one), and although the menu looked like trash, all separate modes besides Classic Mode, which was just random battles, and Smash Tour, which was Smash Tour, was pretty fun. Although Ultimate outshines Smash Four in almost every way, besides online, it's worth noting that Smash Four was a really good game.

D

Deleted member

Yes it was
But it was also really ****ing stressful. I mean, we all knew he was coming back, but it was just plain wrong that :ultyoshi: wasn't confirmed until April 2014...
I specifically remember one day, around E3 time, I left the browser on the Smash site overnight, and then I came back to it, clicked something, and bam! :ultpacman: showed up... And assuming he was one of my most wanteds at the time, I freaked out...
Honestly, I never really felt the rush of getting one of my most wanteds until :ultkrool: showed up in Ultimate, heh.
And then there was :ultisabelle:
I literally screamed "YES! HOLY **** YES!" when she was announced lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
It was actually pretty scary too

I remember as a Yoshi player, being on the edge of my seat, worrying that he got cut...
...Why would they have cut Yoshi?

Why would they cut Yoshi?

There is a small pool of characters in danger of being cut at the dawn of each new game, and Yoshi is never among them, not even close.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I came up with some Touhou spirits for Reimu:
  • Marisa Kirisame: :ultrobinf:yellow alt. Favors the use of Thunder. Very fast. Stage: Mushroom Kingdom U.
  • Suika Ibuki: Small :ultbowser:. Final Smash meter charges very fast. Black Holes spawn a lot. Moves in weird patterns. Stage: Spear Pillar.
  • Tenshi Hinanawi: :ultlucina: with a Beam Sword. Defenses are raised. Taunts a lot. Earthquakes happen a lot. Stage: Palutena's Temple.
  • Sakuya Izayoi: :ultmetaknight: with a Timer. Attack power is increased. Stage: Luigi's Mansion.
  • Rika: :ultbowserjr:and a giant :ultbowserjr: after defeat. Favors specials. Killer Eyes appear a lot. Stage: Final Destination.
  • Mima: :ultpalutena:blue alt. Assist Trophies may appear. Very fast and increased damage. Decreased defenses. Stage: Find Mii.
  • Aya Shameimaru: :ultsonic:black alt. Increased speed. Taunts a lot. Stage: Gerudo Valley.
  • Reisen Udongein Inaba: :ultinkling:purple alt with bunny hood. Healing items appear a lot. Shooting items appear a lot. Screen is dark Stage: Gamer.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly, I never really felt the rush of getting one of my most wanteds until :ultkrool: showed up in Ultimate, heh.
And then there was :ultisabelle:
I literally screamed "YES! HOLY **** YES!" when she was announced lol
There was also an instance before :ultpacman:.

As a Pokemon fan, I played Pokemon X when it came out, and chose Froakie... I named him Todd, as a play on the word, "Toad". He became my star player in that playthrough

Anyways, cue the April Smash direct. When I saw:ultgreninja:, I screamed...

So now whenever I see Greninja in Smash, I like to imagine that he's my Todd, showing the other characters who's boss

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Yoshi has chances of getting cut are equal to my chances of finding a girlfriend though.
No they're probably about equal to my chances of getting a girlfriend
trust me my chances of getting one are far less than yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom