• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Goku is probably one of the most requested characters period.
Again with this? I know your post was just a joke (Actually, IDK. Can't even tell a Goku joke anymore), but you and the others never listen. No offense to you, but:
GOKU WILL NEVER BE IN THE GAME. PERIOD. I just don't understand why peoples unironically want him in the game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Again with this? I know your post was just a joke (Actually, IDK. Can't even tell a Goku joke anymore), but you and the others never listen. No offense to you, but:
GOKU WILL NEVER BE IN THE GAME. PERIOD. I just don't understand why peoples unironically want him in the game.
"A ton of people want Goku" doesn't mean "I want Goku and he has a chance".

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I LOVED LEGO Dimensions and have been having a blast with DC Super-Villains. When there is a LEGO game using your favorite characters, the game just hooks you.

The most fun I’ve ever had in any game ever was in LEGO Dimensions using Sonic and running around the hubworlss. And I get the same exhilaration in DC Villains using the Speed characters.
Since I played LEGO games before and after City, I stopped since nothing was as good.. unfortunately I skipped Dimensions despite wanting to play it. Having other games and totally forgetting about it. I guess if they release Dimensions 2 :)
Jack from Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

Goemon (not just because of your avi lol)

Captain Syrup (she pops up occasionally, but not a lot)

Mallo from Pushmo would be a cute addition as well.

I'll also shoutout Spyro here, because while not really unknown or not talked about, the possibility of him being playable is definitely overshadowed by Crash for most and personally I would prefer Spyro.

For reference, my actual top wants being Banjo, Dixie, Isaac, Bomberman, and to a lesser extent either Impa or Tingle. A Dragon Quest character is up there as well, but I wouldn't say it's a top want nor can I really claim that the possibility isnt talked about anymore, even though before some leaks very few people seemed to consider DQ.

EDIT - Also ignoring any connection to Nintendo, Monster Rancher representation would be a dream. =D
Well, you say Goemon, that's a total win in my book. I couldn't say Goemon because he's my ultimate wish.
I know of Harvest Moon of course but never played a game before. I didn't know his name was Jack. Well that fits. Long history, popular.. why not. It was Natsumi, right? More 3rd party the better.
Hmm, I have to edit my original post.. so not to include spirits. Playing through WoL I came to conclude that they do refute characters. Mallo and Captain Syrup both are available as spirits, with their own challenges too.
Crash and Spyro are having some high requests recently. Trilogies helped definitely, and since Persona had an entry, it's no longer an excuse being alive on Sony grounds anymore. Their shot just got a bit higher with that. But I'll say, aren't they kinda expected or talked about. I'm looking for something kinda hidden. I mean, like no one saw Persona coming.
Well, I guess you can tell that most of your top wants can't make it (some did already). I think Banjo stands where Geno does, it's a tough position.
Personally, I think a DQ rep is inevitable. Whether Erdrick or Slime. There're just so many things pointing towards that.
Since I haven't played any. I get those mixed a lot. Digimon and Monster Rancher :p
It's "Yarn Poochy" that's the spirit, which I find odd that they label that as a variant but that seems to be the case.

And Good Feel does seem like they're trying to deviate from some Yoshi's Island conventions in terms of level structure, so maybe they'll do it with characters too (and get Boshi on board) :yoshi:
I really don't think Sora/Sakurai/Smash are taking the finer details in picking up characters. Poochy is as Yarn Poochy, in a Smash sense. Adventure mode says that clearly, at least to me.
I love anything Good Feel.. not just because their games are exceptionally excellent, but the studio is mostly formed by ex.Goemon team. You can see how great that team was.. and still :)

Thoughts on this video?

As a Samus main, i feel like it fits me except for the Zero Suit point.
OMG that Mega Man XDD.. I admit XD

Noipoi

Howdy!
Um...I know. I don't think he'll ever get in, but a ton of people want him. You don't gotta yell at me, man.

Honestly, I'd prefer other Dragon Ball characters over Goku...

Piccolo...
Vegeta...
Trunks...

Hercule Satan
Oh hell yeah.

Incineroar carries the spirit of Mr. Satan. To me at least.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
To spirit collectors, it looks like the LGPE Pikachu and Eevee spirits are now available for everyone (still have to pop up on the spirit board / shop though).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Why do you read posts always out of context tho

D

Deleted member

Basically these:

Out of all of them, Arcueid's essentially my pipe dream choice. She'd be the first vampire fighter in Smash, and she'd be a Foil to Wolf for numerous reasons. The only thing they share in common is how they fight up close, though Arcueid would use her chains as a substitute for Wolf's gun if it needs to come down to that.
View attachment 184801
Some gameplay snippets:

We'd also get to hear awesome music like these:

The only reason I don't campaign for Arcueid in Smash is because her chances are virtually null. She's one of those characters who's not unviable, but Saber (Artoria) exists and comes from a franchise which pretty much kicked up Type-Moon to as close to mainstream popularity as a visual novel company can get. Maybe if she got a Fate Grand Order appearance much sooner with heavy advertising, but alas, that's not the case.

It's a shame too, because unlike Saber, she's pretty much completely unique within the context of the Nasuverse, not based on any Public Domain character or anything. Even her fighting style, as similar as it kinda is to Wolf, would still make her leagues more refreshing than Saber herself, who is still a sworduser at the end of the day. That being said, I still want Saber because I really like her regardless.
Arcueid is the SMT to Fate's Persona. I love Saber and I really want her, currently my top 5 most wanted, but I wouldn't even be mad if Arcueid got in instead even if that's never gonna happen.
A lot could be done just using her vampiric abilities and I don't think she'd be even be remotely to Wolf(just having claw attack effects). We really need a thread for her but my only exposure to her is from Melty Blood so I don't know much about her character.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Arcueid is the SMT to Fate's Persona. I love Saber and I really want her, currently my top 5 most wanted, but I wouldn't even be mad if Arcueid got in instead even if that's never gonna happen.
A lot could be done just using her vampiric abilities and I don't think she'd be even be remotely to Wolf(just having claw attack effects). We really need a thread for her but my only exposure to her is from Melty Blood so I don't know much about her character.
Ugh, what a perfectly-accurate description that is, although pinning down her exact counterpart is not easy. As far as power-sets go, Demi-Fiend would be a fair fit in terms of raw power and authority. Ryougi's a very close second, but I know for a fact that neither one were the first protagonists that Nasu wrote. I vaguely remember Angel Notes being a thing, and that was very much pre-everything Type-Moon represents now. I consider that the "Megami Tensei Novels" of the Nasuverse, if that makes any sense.

I'd hop in and support that thread, but it's kind of hard doing much without some knowledge of the original VN. At most, you can draw from official side material as there's plenty still to gather for her characterization. I also want to clarify that I compared her to Wolf because they share preference to claw-based fighting, but they express it differently. It's like comparing two grapplers who favor different holds, or martial artists who favor different stances.

I wouldn't mind Sakurai taking artistic licenses with the character either, like borrowing some of Red Arcueid's abilities and applying it to her. I'm thinking of reserving those for her smash attacks since they're pretty brutish and they can bring out a side of her to really show how scary she can be (or at least a possibility of her). Damn it, if only she had a good hi-res 3D model. She's definitely a character I'd love to have modded into the game at some point. I can't even resort to Mordred because she's literally the only major servant missing (of Apocrypha fame, for the most part).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ugh, what a perfectly-accurate description that is, although pinning down her exact counterpart is not easy. As far as power-sets go, Demi-Fiend would be a fair fit in terms of raw power and authority. Ryougi's a very close second, but I know for a fact that neither one were the first protagonists that Nasu wrote. I vaguely remember Angel Notes being a thing, and that was very much pre-everything Type-Moon represents now. I consider that the "Megami Tensei Novels" of the Nasuverse, if that makes any sense.

I'd hop in and support that thread, but it's kind of hard doing much without some knowledge of the original VN. At most, you can draw from official side material as there's plenty still to gather for her characterization. I also want to clarify that I compared her to Wolf because they share preference to claw-based fighting, but they express it differently. It's like comparing two grapplers who favor different holds, or martial artists who favor different stances.

I wouldn't mind Sakurai taking artistic licenses with the character either, like borrowing some of Red Arcueid's abilities and applying it to her. I'm thinking of reserving those for her smash attacks since they're pretty brutish and they can bring out a side of her to really show how scary she can be (or at least a possibility of her). Damn it, if only she had a good hi-res 3D model. She's definitely a character I'd love to have modded into the game at some point. I can't even resort to Mordred because she's literally the only major servant missing (of Apocrypha fame, for the most part).
Don't remind me about Shiki, if she had been in a Visual Novel first you can bet my ass I'd be supporting her right now :'^(

A lot of Type-Moon stuff lacks good 3D models as I'm pretty sure Extella is their only HD game lol
Add Mordred you cowards
if i could id mod mordred over roy and no one would be able to stop me

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Don't remind me about Shiki, if she had been in a Visual Novel first you can bet my *** I'd be supporting her right now :'^(

A lot of Type-Moon stuff lacks good 3D models as I'm pretty sure Extella is their only HD game lol
Add Mordred you cowards
if i could id mod mordred over roy and no one would be able to stop me
i looked up mordred and that is the worst design for a character named mordred i've ever seen in my life

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Goku's a cool fighter. It would be interesting to see how they'd adapt him into Smash.
The Dragon Ball games were apart of my childhood. I played all three Budokais, Tenkaichi 2-3, Raging Blast, and later on Xenoverse 2 and FighterZ.
Easy to digest content. Dragon Ball has some story but it is mostly adventure and silly shenanigans.

He'll never be in, but I can think about the scenario if I want to and discuss it with others. Sadly whenever he is mentioned we have people screaming that he has no chance (which is true) and should go back to discussing the same 7 characters we always do lol.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Imagine having ****taste

Fate Mordred is the only good Mordred because it doesn't villainise her
whatever you like fate so im not surprised you like shallow anime girl designs

also how exactly does not villainizing a fictional character who is literally entirely known for being an asshole make fate the better version?? if you ask me that sounds like its a lazy reuse of a well-known name rather than having to come up with something original

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’d never thought I’d encourage DBZ discussion on Smashboards but I actually hope future Smash titles take some inspiration from Dragon Ball fighting games such as stage destruction and battle damage for every character aside from :ultlittlemac:&:ultolimar:.

Yes, I know some stages can technically be destroyed such as Shadow Moses and Castle Seige but I mean like KOing an opponent into the stage environment and destroying it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’d never thought I’d encourage DBZ discussion on Smashboards but I actually hope future Smash titles take some inspiration from Dragon Ball fighting games such as stage destruction and battle damage for every character aside from :ultlittlemac:&:ultolimar:.

Yes, I know some stages can technically be destroyed such as Shadow Moses and Castle Seige but I mean like KOing an opponent into the stage environment and destroying it.
That sounds kinda hard to make considering how KOs work in Smash but I wouldn't oppose to battle damage, as long as it fits the characters.

D

Deleted member

So I'm trying to learn Isabelle for once. Why does Mine Lloyd disappear so quickly? Also, I clearly don't know how to use Fishinf Rod yet because I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to suicide after it.
whatever you like fate so im not surprised you like shallow anime girl designs

also how exactly does not villainizing a fictional character who is literally entirely known for being an ******* make fate the better version?? if you ask me that sounds like its a lazy reuse of a well-known name rather than having to come up with something original
lol

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
very intelligent rebuttal. maybe try coming up with an actual reason why the character is good that isn't just because she's an anime girl
I'm assuming you're one of those people who think Smash has too many "anime swordsmen"?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I'm trying to learn Isabelle for once. Why does Mine Lloyd disappear so quickly? Also, I clearly don't know how to use Fishinf Rod yet because I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to suicide after it.
It has a lot of endlag, only go for it if you have enough height. Enter special button again if it whiffs. unhelpful advice is unhelpful

very intelligent rebuttal. maybe try coming up with an actual reason why the character is good that isn't just because she's an anime girl
Your only reasoning that it's a bad design was she's an anime girl.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Goku's a cool fighter. It would be interesting to see how they'd adapt him into Smash.
The Dragon Ball games were apart of my childhood. I played all three Budokais, Tenkaichi 2-3, Raging Blast, and later on Xenoverse 2 and FighterZ.
Easy to digest content. Dragon Ball has some story but it is mostly adventure and silly shenanigans.

He'll never be in, but I can think about the scenario if I want to and discuss it with others. Sadly whenever he is mentioned we have people screaming that he has no chance (which is true) and should go back to discussing the same 7 characters we always do lol.
Well...I wasn't saying that talking about him is strictly forbidden. I'm sorry for my outburst it's just that I've seen more peoples want him, after that Joker DLC announcement. Of course we can talk about him.

I just want peoples to remember that he will never be in the game, at least NOT for the moment. It's just everyone's dream for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom