• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Just to get my thoughts out on Street Fighter in Smash, Vega would probably be my personal pick for a new rep, if it happened again. Fighting with claws (like Wolf) is a pretty cool fighting style to me.

Last edited:

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
I tried with Crash Bandicoot.

Some of the stuff he does in Skylanders Imaginators can work in Smash for normal attacks and maybe specials, he could apply the slide+jump combo for better movement, and the Final Smash would be Hog Wild, which works similar to the Blue Falcon.

The jetpack would be a recovery.
I’d rather them use mind over mutant crash. That one was on abomination. Crash is an idiot incapable of speech. But he is a lovable idiot and he deserves a spot.

D

Deleted member

Just to get my thoughts out on Street Fighter in Smash, Vega would probably be my personal pick for a new rep, if it happened again. Fighting with claws (like Wolf) is a pretty cool fighting style to me.
This is a good moment to share my thoughts on his stage in the Street Fighter games:

The music is cool, but Capcom could have chosen a better location in Spain for it.

Maybe the streets of Sevilla, la Sagrada Familia or even Puerta del Sol.

A flamenco club isn't as cool as any of those, imo.

I’d rather them use mind over mutant crash. That one was on abomination. Crash is an idiot incapable of speech. But he is a lovable idiot and he deserves a spot.
I wouldn't mind it as a skin, tbh.

And some of his moves in that game could work for jabs and throws.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Who have you done it for? I have a good idea of how most of my wanted characters would play but I believe the only ones I really shared on this site are a complete moveset for Shantae and some WIP for Cynthia and her Pokémon.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Mayhem!

Also, oh @Noipoi...
Thank you kindly! I'm so grateful to be able to join in on the conversation.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
I’d go with Cammy cause of her butt. Cammy is also my fave spent last night trying to win one round against the cpu. 80 times and didn’t win once :(. It kinda bummed me out and made me start doubting myself as a gamer. This was old school street fighter Super Street Fighter 2 The New Challngers on arcade type style of console, where you literally have to pause the menu and do an action to make it seem like I was recieving coins. Anyways 70+ rounds against DeeJay, and 10 against Chun.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, my keyboard is laggin' like crazy, and it's getting late for me. Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, see you tomorrow!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who here loves to think up moves for our DLC? P.Plant don't count because we saw its moves in game.
I don’t know the first thing about Joker aside from what’s been said here. But I’ve got pretty consistent moveset ideas for Banjo and Crash.

Also, what’s the average age in these forums. I’m 19. Almost 20. Am I on the young side or the old side?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh trust me, that won’t last. But we’re glad you decided to join in!
I'll do what i can to make it last longer.

I don’t know the first thing about Joker aside from what’s been said here. But I’ve got pretty consistent moveset ideas for Banjo and Crash.

Also, what’s the average age in these forums. I’m 19. Almost 20. Am I on the young side or the old side?
17 years old.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I tried with Crash Bandicoot.

Some of the stuff he does in Skylanders Imaginators can work in Smash for normal attacks and maybe specials, he could apply the slide+jump combo for better movement, and the Final Smash would be Hog Wild, which works similar to the Blue Falcon.

The jetpack would be a recovery.
I kinda imagine him taking a similar route to Mega Man and having him spin for stuff like his neutral attack, forward tilt, neutral aerial, maybe he could use the Death Tornado as a Peach like hover, Would the Fruit Bazooka work best as a neutral special, side, or down?

D

Deleted member

If you pick anyone who's not Chun-Li as the 3rd SF character we literally cannot be friends.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Upgrading Assist Trophies, give me playable Nintendogs to go with Isabelle and Duck Hunt.
Nintendog would be a great WTF character. Though, I don't like the idea of beating up a normal, realistic, cute little puppy.
Didn't Sakurai say he actually considered adding Nintendog as a fighter for Smash 4 but then decided against it for the reason Noipoi listed (it probably would not have gone over well)?

D

Deleted member

I kinda imagine him taking a similar route to Mega Man and having him spin for stuff like his neutral attack, forward tilt, neutral aerial, maybe he could use the Death Tornado as a Peach like hover, Would the Fruit Bazooka work best as a neutral special, side, or down?
Side special.

The jetpack would work like K.Rool's up special, but without much damage.

If you pick anyone who's not Chun-Li as the 3rd SF character we literally cannot be friends.
Yay!

We can be friends!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sense you trigger it in Crash Bandicoot 3 by crouching, I’d say down special.

Then up special is jet pack.

Side special is..... shrug

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what could be his neutral special?

I think his down special would be him setting a TNT Crate that have to be jumped on or even just touched to be activated
Neutral special could be the spin, working like Incineroar's and Meta Knight's neutral special, but also working as a small recovery in the air when pressed many times (like in Crash Warped).

Sense you trigger it in Crash Bandicoot 3 by crouching, I’d say down special.

Then up special is jet pack.

Side special is..... shrug
Side special is the wumpa launcher (or bazooka if you prefer).

You can decide the direction it shoots at.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Neutral special could be the spin, working like Incineroar's and Meta Knight's neutral special, but also working as a small recovery in the air when pressed many times (like in Crash Warped).
I mentioned I was imagining his standard spin being in the same position as :ultmegaman:‘s Mega Buster, maybe it could be specifically his Death Tornado Spin similar to how you described it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mentioned I was imagining his standard spin being in the same position as :ultmegaman:‘s Mega Buster, maybe it could be specifically his Death Tornado Spin similar to how you described it?
Yes.
The Death spin works well for the neutral special.

D

Deleted member

Crash in Smash but he's just an Incineroar Echo
Didn't Sakurai say he actually considered adding Nintendog as a fighter for Smash 4 but then decided against it for the reason Noipoi listed (it probably would not have gone over well)?
I don't think there's any source for that but yeah, beating a realistic dog would not go well at all. There's a reason cartoons always, well, cartoonified animals and that reason is no one wants to see animals being beaten up.

D

Deleted member

So, how's that whole Erdrick rumor goin' after the recent Persona announcements?

I'm not mad at Atlus.

Not at all.

yeah, okay.png

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I don't think there's any source for that but yeah, beating a realistic dog would not go well at all. There's a reason cartoons always, well, cartoonified animals and that reason is no one wants to see animals being beaten up.
And yet he continued to give realistic animal noises to :ultdk: & :ultdiddy:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

There's a reason they stopped realistic looking and sounding Tom after the first few Tom and Jerry shorts yeah

D

Deleted member

Side special.

The jetpack would work like K.Rool's up special, but without much damage.
Here was my idea for Crash's Specials:

Neutral Special: Fruit Bazooka - Crash fires a fast moving powerful projectile that can be aimed 7 directions (up, forwards, backwards, and the four diagonal directions). The move has a significant amount of start up lag when Crash pulls it out, and when he is aiming.

Side Special: Spin - The iconic move takes the form of Crash's Side Special. It has one hit, and Crash can move left, move right or stand still while using it. When used in Midair, Crash slowly floats down to the ground similar to the Death Tornado Spin in Crash 3.

Up Special: Aku Aku - Crash Grabs onto Aku Aku as he floats upwards, this move deals no damage, and hitting Crash while the move is active while cause Aku Aku to float away by himself, and put Crash in a fall state.

Down Special: TNT Crate - Crash pulls out a TNT crate and jumps on it, setting of the countdown. Crash will then kick it and it will explode when the countdown stops. The player can hold down :GCB: to delay the kick that sends the crate flying, but if they hold it down for too long it will explode and hurt Crash.

D

Deleted member

if peeps got theor hopes too high up for P5 on switch, they have no one else to blame
I like what we are getting.

Complete editions are always the way to get a game with DLC.

Here was my idea for Crash's Specials:

Neutral Special: Fruit Bazooka - Crash fires a fast moving powerful projectile that can be aimed 7 directions (up, forwards, backwards, and the four diagonal directions). The move has a significant amount of start up lag when Crash pulls it out, and when he is aiming.

Side Special: Spin - The iconic move takes the form of Crash's Side Special. It has one hit, and Crash can move left, move right or stand still while using it. When used in Midair, Crash slowly floats down to the ground similar to the Death Tornado Spin in Crash 3.

Up Special: Aku Aku - Crash Grabs onto Aku Aku as he floats upwards, this move deals no damage, and hitting Crash while the move is active while cause Aku Aku to float away by himself, and put Crash in a fall state.

Down Special: TNT Crate - Crash pulls out a TNT crate and jumps on it, setting of the countdown. Crash will then kick it and it will explode when the countdown stops. The player can hold down :GCB: to delay the kick that sends the crate flying, but if they hold it down for too long it will explode and hurt Crash.
I like it, but i would change the places for the spin and the bazooka.

D

Deleted member

I need to change my phone, since this trouble with the posts can't keep happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom