• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
The ones I bolded are the ones I'm the most interested in. I only didn't include Breath of the Wild because I already have it on Wii U and I'm not sure if there's enough differences to buy it a second time. (also I kinda don't like BOTW anyway...)
Not a fan of Crash? Or already owned on a separate console?

Just a penguin

Smash Master
See, but here's the problem.

2019 is looking to be another monster year for the Switch. We have Fire Emblem coming out within the next six months, Pokemon Gen 8, what ever SMTV is, DOOM: Eternal, Crash Team Racing Remake, Bayonetta 3 / Metroid Prime 4 announcements, Animal Crossing 2019, Dragon Quest XI: We Finally Have The ****ing Game Three Years After It's Announcement Edition, the list goes on.

The fact that they're holding out information three months going into 2019 is bad enough, but when you look at the current schedule, Persona 5 Switch is losing room month by month.
Awesome, and a new Luigi’s Mansion game is coming out, along with Yoshi’s Crafted World in 2019 for even more cool 1st party games.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Also one character I’d be super excited to join but has zero chances of getting is Sir Daniel Fortesque. He would be like a mixture of Link and Belmot

D

Deleted member

Also one character I’d be super excited to join but has zero chances of getting is Sir Daniel Fortesque. He would be like a mixture of Link and Belmot
I want that legend in a Soul Calibur game.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I see to each their own. It’s one of the best platformers to date. To me
Tbh the reason why I haven't played it is because I only owned Nintendo systems and didn't have much interest in many games, so I never really had a chance to play it, and these days I'm not really interested.

D

Deleted member

Tbh the reason why I haven't played it is because I only owned Nintendo systems and didn't have much interest in many games, so I never really had a chance to play it, and these days I'm not really interested.
It’s alright.

I never played a Halo game since i haven’t owned any of the Xbox consoles.

I heard a bit the OST doh, and it is dope.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So, is there a complete list of spirits in Smash that lists all of them by their number? I'm trying to figure out which ones I'm missing and I just want to look at the slot number and be able to tell.
Only by character
Right, the only metric that actually matters.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The scariest thing about Steve that he is such a character Sakurai would absolutely pick out of personal preference when it comes to newcomers.

He’s a Minecraft fan and would want to get creative with his moveset potential.
He's also a fan of Ace Attorney. Sadly, that doesn't make Phoenix Wright a certainty,
but it also does not make Steve a certainty either.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
My villain bias makes me wish for a FE villain joining the roster anyday
I'd accept Black Knight as an Ike echo without complaint because, it's an Echo, who cares.

I'd also accept a REAL Boss encounter because, considering how many characters it does have, it deserves one. Be able to get a lot less Master Hand's in Classic Mode.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
My villain bias makes me wish for a FE villain joining the roster anyday
So many of the good villains of Fire Emblem can be recruited into heroes, and we all know how the Smash community would react to “yet another Fire Emblem character.” However, if a good Fire Emblem villain has originality, move set potential, and could be recognizable, I would be all for it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Right, the only metric that actually matters.
Once they have 50+ songs, multiple stages, more items, extra AT characters, a boss, etc., then an actual complaint can be made to the overall representation of Fire Emblem

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we ever got a Fire Emblem villain, I'd want it to be Hardin.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Once they have 50+ songs, multiple stages, more items, extra AT characters, a boss, etc., then an actual complaint can be made to the overall representation of Fire Emblem
Uh, no. All that other stuff is relatively meaningless. Don't even try and pretend that something like Mega Man has more representation in Smash because it has more songs. A character slot is worth, like, 20 songs, or multiple stages or ATs(which FE already has a decent amount of).

I'll grant you that they could use a boss. But overall, the series is still easily the number 3 in Smash representation.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uh, no. All that other stuff is relatively meaningless. Don't even try and pretend that something like Mega Man has more representation in Smash because it has more songs. A character slot is worth, like, 20 songs, or multiple stages or ATs(which FE already has a decent amount of).

I'll grant you that they could use a boss. But overall, the series is still easily the number 3 in Smash representation.
There is more to representation than just characters. Fire Emblem is sorely lacking in the stages department, for example. Doesn't help that only one of its three stages is based on an actual, specific in-game location.

D

Deleted member

FE has a bunch of antagonists that could work in Smash. The only candidates from games already represented would be pretty much Camus and Black Knight, none of the others reach the same level of popularity or iconicness. Black Knight is easily the most popular FE villain(technically, it's Reinhardt but uhm) while Camus can provide a character on horseback and a lance.
Gharnef would be cool considering we don't have a dark mage archetype as a character(even if I'd prefer Lyon, rip) and Medeus is uhm, too big.
No one cares about Zephiel or Idunn.
Don't think anyone is gonna root for Garon lol

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Fire Emblem is sorely lacking in the stages department, for example. Doesn't help that only one of its three stages is based on an actual, specific in-game location.
They almost had a stage based on Akeneia in Melee, right?

I'm still bummed that they cut it...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
anybody else thinks its a waste to only have 5 DLC fighters? In my head, the best future for this game is for it to be the last game in the series, but to never end. For it to be continually ported and updated until Sakurai retires and the world goes dark for three days. This way, we can keep our massive roster, and make it unique and balanced. There need be no smash 6. With the 5 fighter limit, the brightest timeline I can see going forward is doing all that for smash bros infinite for the Nintendo Switch U. We don't need to work Sakurai and his team to death to remaking the franchise every several years, but can have one game, that keeps growing. And eventually, it would essentially become a sequel, but the effort put into it would be spread out over a large period of time.
or maybe I'm just crazy. that's always a possibility
I mean the roster is already big as it is so I could honestly live with it even if there were a few that didn't make it that I wanted like Medusa and Black Shadow.

82 (DLC included) is a pretty good rounded number if you ask me.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
There is more to representation than just characters. Fire Emblem is sorely lacking in the stages department, for example. Doesn't help that only one of its three stages is based on an actual, specific in-game location.
Talks between stage representation and character representation are two different things, unless we're suggesting here that the abundance of FE characters is to compensate for lack of stages. And that just opens up another can of worms feeding regarding other Nintendo franchises getting just as few stages while also having fewer character reps than Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They almost had a stage based on Akeneia in Melee, right?

I'm still bummed that they cut it...
Castle Siege might be based on ideas for it. Akaneia was gonna have a castle under attack, and even though Siege doesn't have the dragons or mages, it does have that.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Everytime I see this argument, it just makes me think of Zelda.

Yet, Smash is a character driven game. Yes, Fire Emblem is severely lacking on the Stage front, but it's very nicely set on the Character front, whereas other franchises are lacking in characters but have too many stages.

So if it's all the same, I'll gladly give up Spirit Train, Skyloft, the Midna and Skull Kid assists, The Beetle and Fairy Bottle items for any stages/items/assists of your choice, and in return we'll just cut two or three FE characters to make room for Midna and Skull Kid playable.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom