• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Oh? Which kind? The bankruptcy kind? The being bought out kind? Selling/losing IPs kind?

A deconfirmation can stop you though. Unless you're good with mods.
Hey bro, i just want Agumon there.
If he's not in Smash , good.

I will play Smash the same way you do.

I don't hate Smash becouse Agumon is not there, it's my favorite game of all time.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Hey bro, i just want Agumon there.
If he's not in Smash , good.

I will play Smash the same way you do.

I don't hate Smash becouse Agumon is not there, it's my favorite game of all time.
I'm sorry. What does Agumon have to do with you maining Steve, a character not confirmed to be in or coming to Smash?
I know I can't.
But he can:
View attachment 184834
As can he:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm saddened to hear the bad news about Level-5. I love the Layton franchise and I have wished for it to come back on track.

I'm partially responsible though, I never managed to buy a lot of the games despite being such a big fan. Just 2 games and the movie twice (because I lost the first).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh, no. All that other stuff is relatively meaningless. Don't even try and pretend that something like Mega Man has more representation in Smash because it has more songs. A character slot is worth, like, 20 songs, or multiple stages or ATs(which FE already has a decent amount of).

I'll grant you that they could use a boss. But overall, the series is still easily the number 3 in Smash representation.
CE9FCD12-0B61-4564-B8F2-898868CF8B7B.png
I...I actually can’t believe what I have read here. To say everything but the amount of characters a series has doesn’t matter is ridiculous...and the fact that you used a series like Mega Man to support yourself also doesn’t work. :ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultkirby: and maybe :ultsamus: are all still represented much more than the Waifu Simulator known as Fire Emblem
There is more to representation than just characters. Fire Emblem is sorely lacking in the stages department, for example. Doesn't help that only one of its three stages is based on an actual, specific in-game location.
yeah
So if it's all the same, I'll gladly give up Spirit Train, Skyloft, the Midna and Skull Kid assists, The Beetle and Fairy Bottle items for any stages/items/assists of your choice, and in return we'll just cut two or three FE characters to make room for Midna and Skull Kid playable.
I would rather none of those things are cut, just make Midna or Skull Kid and Impa playable. No point in cutting characters or ATs in favor of newer things...also don’t **** with Spirit Train or Fairy Bottle

But yeah, Zelda and Fire Emblem are like some weird polar opposite bros to one another

Zelda: Less characters but more of everything else
FE: More characters but less of everything else
Both: more than 1 clone of their main character...and none of them are better than Pit...obviously

D

Deleted member

Waifu Simulator known as Fire Emblem
See, this is what convinces me that very few people who complain about FE actually play it.

There's like, four support convos for each character and that's it. The fact people seem to think FE is some kind of ultra animu, kawaii desu dating sim makes me feel very confused. Like, do people only watch the support convos and think that's the whole game?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm saddened to hear the bad news about Level-5. I love the Layton franchise and I have wished for it to come back on track.

I'm partially responsible though, I never managed to buy a lot of the games despite being such a big fan. Just 2 games and the movie twice (because I lost the first).
actually the Layton series as 100% done after Azran Legacy, the final game of the series, so this doesnt really affect that much

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
See, this is what convinces me that very few people who complain about FE actually play it.

There's like, four support convos for each character and that's it. The fact people seem to think FE is some kind of ultra animu, kawaii desu dating sim makes me feel very confused. Like, do people only watch the support convos and think that's the whole game?
Don’t worry fella, people play Fire Emblem for more than the supports...well...most of them I hope (just be glad there won’t be anymore petting)

D

Deleted member

Don’t worry fella, people play Fire Emblem for more than the supports...well...most of them I hope (just be glad there won’t be anymore petting)
I don't know if I've ever heard of anyone playing for just the supports, especially when they're nothing like an actual dating sim. There's no dialogue choices, no branching routes, no gift systems or date settings, or...really, anything actually from a dating sim.

The characters talk to each other 3 times and then go "lol let's have babies".

The dating sim comparisons honestly confuse me.

D

Deleted member

That's what it seems like, doesn't it?

I guess the option to romance characters makes people feel like they have something to prove all of a sudden. Like how manly or anti-weeb they are.

Which is annoying because in the end modern FE isn't that different story-wise from older games. The old ones are just held on a nostalgia-driven pedestal while the new stuff is bad bad because the kiddos can join in too without having to reset their consoles every 2nd turn because of a dumb permadeath-inducing crit from some random enemy. And of course because there is a bigger focus on romance and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom