• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

if peeps got their hopes too high up for P5 on switch, they have no one else to blame
Highly disagree. Especially when well, y'know, something something Smash Bros. I don't think it'd be ridiculous enough to expect Persona 5 on the Switch, but it was how godawful Atlus announced this. "Announcment of an announcment" announcements are dumb, just like those strings of words.

Guess we can cross off Persona 5 Switch info for next month's Direct, then.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Highly disagree. Especially when well, y'know, something something Smash Bros. I don't think it'd be ridiculous enough to expect Persona 5 on the Switch, but it was how godawful Atlus announced this. "Announcment of an announcment" announcements are dumb, just like those strings of words.

Guess we can cross off Persona 5 Switch info for next month's Direct, then.
thats just it, its better to not expect it to happen, lest you be utterly dissapointed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are some people who theorize that P5R could be a racing game, for some reason.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Man, that P5R announcement was utter ****. “Hey! Let’s make an announcement for another announcement!”

D

Deleted member

I like it, but i would change the places for the spin and the bazooka.
I chose the inputs based on what other moves on those buttons do. Crash's spin for example, can be used for recovering horizontally, plus it's a Movement based move and most movement based moves are either up or side specials depending on which direction they go (in the case of Crash's spin, it moves horizontally, so I put on the side special).

For his Fruit Bazooka, most projectiles are Neutral Specials, and the one that aren't are often because of ones that are already the characters Neutral Special (Samus, Robin, Mega Man, Link and King K. Rool are all examples of this).

D

Deleted member

thats just it, its better to not expect it to happen, lest you be utterly dissapointed.
See, but here's the problem.

2019 is looking to be another monster year for the Switch. We have Fire Emblem coming out within the next six months, Pokemon Gen 8, what ever SMTV is, DOOM: Eternal, Crash Team Racing Remake, Bayonetta 3 / Metroid Prime 4 announcements, Animal Crossing 2019, Dragon Quest XI: We Finally Have The ****ing Game Three Years After It's Announcement Edition, the list goes on.

The fact that they're holding out information three months going into 2019 is bad enough, but when you look at the current schedule, Persona 5 Switch is losing room month by month.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you pick anyone who's not Chun-Li as the 3rd SF character we literally cannot be friends.
Put Cammy in as a Final Smash helped or an AT character...unless she has to be censored (Chun-Li is not allowed to be messed with)

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Anyone got tips for learning how to adapt better? I just went 100 plus matches on super street fighter 2 only winning one round against E Honda. I’d really appreciate advice cause of now, I just feel like giving up completely on games and just being homeless and quiting. Yeah it tore me that bad

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

2019 is looking to be another monster year for the Switch. We have Fire Emblem coming out within the next six months, Pokemon Gen 8, what ever SMTV is, DOOM: Eternal, Crash Team Racing Remake, Bayonetta 3 / Metroid Prime 4 announcements, Animal Crossing 2019, Dragon Quest XI: We Finally Have The ****ing Game Three Years After It's Announcement Edition, the list goes on.

The fact that they're holding out information three months going into 2019 is bad enough, but when you look at the current schedule, Persona 5 Switch is losing room month by month.
Hopefully a Spyro Reignited port gets announced in the next Direct. That would officially make 2019 the Switch’s big year for me. But I am still excited for Animal Crossing though. Been interested in getting into that franchise and looking to get New Leaf before the new game releases.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

why would you bother getting excited about something that is only rumored and not confirmed?

D

Deleted member

why would you bother getting excited about something that is only rumored and not confirmed?
I'm not really excited, I've been half-expecting the prospect of it since the VGAs, because I really do want it to happen. The Switch has become my go to console since I travel around a lot, so my PS4 has practically become another cable box for me.

Can I get Persona 5 now? Of course. But would I rather have it with the portable aspect to fit my schedule? Absolutely.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I finally got Ultimate! The game, the guide and the controller, although I didn't get the special edition. I'll take what I can get at this point.

...But then I'm stuck in the Switch waiting room now. I might probably get one in a week.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’d honestly be super salty if they give us a new animal crossing before Prime 4 we haven’t heard **** about it since E3 2017
Why? They have nothing to do with each other and an AC game is likely easier to make compared to Prime games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I wouldn't say I had a falling out with the series, but my general enthusiasm with the series has been at an all-time low. I'm probably just bored of it because I've been stretching out New Leaf for the past 5 years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
thats how my gf was, of course I was sad because now I had no one to play AC with and playing it alone depresses me a bit. I hope many people that AC switch so I have people to play with again

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
thats how my gf was, of course I was sad because now I had no one to play AC with and playing it alone depresses me a bit. I hope many people that AC switch so I have people to play with again
Now that you mention it, I think that's what happened to me with New Leaf. I've been playing that game since I was 12 and now I'm 18, so I've seen many friends come and go, and now I have no one to play with. The game feels awfully nostalgic so I can't play much anymore. Hopefully AC switch doesn't feel as lonely like you said

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so R is totally unrelated to switch, but a March release of Joker to coincide with whatever R's full reveal is wouldn't surprise me tbh

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Don't forget there's also Persona 5 S, M, and B.

Chances are one of those acronyms is for the Switch, possibly the "S"

D

Deleted member

I am excited to get my hands on these games in 2019:

-MK11.
-Metroid Prime 4.
-Animal Crossing.
-Pokémon if you can use the Pokéball joycon to play it.
-Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled.
-Kingdom Hearts 3.
-Doom Eternal
-Kirby’s Epic Yarn on 3DS.
-Yoshi’s Crafted World.
-The new Rocksteady game.
-Doom Eternal

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Now that you mention it, I think that's what happened to me with New Leaf. I've been playing that game since I was 12 and now I'm 18, so I've seen many friends come and go, and now I have no one to play with. The game feels awfully nostalgic so I can't play much anymore. Hopefully AC switch doesn't feel as lonely like you said
i think i was 7 when I started play AC. Maan I was hooked

D

Deleted member

I need to hurry up and buy a Switch, there's so many good games on it. I feel like I'm missing out, especially with Smash Ultimate being out.
It has a lot of great games, indeed.

I suggest these:
-DKC Tropical Freeze.
-Mario Odyssey.
-Mario Tennis Aces.
-Breath Of The Wild.
-Kirby Star Allies (the updates improved the game).
-Crash N.Sane Trilogy.
-Mario + Rabbids.
-Octopath Traveller.
-Smash Ultimate (why would someone skip this one?).
-Doom 2016.
-Sonic Mania Plus.
-Fast Racing Megamix (i think that’s the name).
-Megaman 11.
-Super Bomberman R.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Why? They have nothing to do with each other and an AC game is likely easier to make compared to Prime games.
Cause I’ve been waiting long enough and it’s just me. But I can say at least they are putting hard work into it. Probably have more than twice the production team too, a well fleshed out Prime 4 with a map the size of Zelda or Xenoblade. I personally think they should go for a new change since Metroid Prime doesn’t play a role on the series after it died in a Prime 3

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689

I suggest these:
-DKC Tropical Freeze.
-Mario Odyssey.
-Mario Tennis Aces.
-Breath Of The Wild.
-Crash N.Sane Trilogy.
-Mario + Rabbids.
-Octopath Traveller.
-Smash Ultimate (why would someone skip this one?).
-Doom 2016.
-Sonic Mania Plus.
-Megaman 11.
-Super Bomberman R.
It also has tones of great indie games if I’m not mistaken

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

I suggest these:
-DKC Tropical Freeze.
-Mario Odyssey
-Mario Tennis Aces
-Breath Of The Wild.
-Crash N.Sane Trilogy.
-Mario + Rabbids.
-Octopath Traveller
-Super Smash Bros Ultimate (why would someone skip this one?).
-Doom 2016.
-Sonic Mania Plus.
-Megaman 11.
-Super Bomberman R.
The ones I bolded are the ones I'm the most interested in. I only didn't include Breath of the Wild because I already have it on Wii U and I'm not sure if there's enough differences to buy it a second time. (also I kinda don't like BOTW anyway...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom