• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok, but come we don’t have any anime brawlers and gunners?

Assuming :ultryu:&:ultken: are anime styled.
Because "anime styled" doesn't actually mean one thing, Japanese animation don't have a set design principle. Like, I'd call Zelda more anime-styled than Lucina, since Awakening character designs look like something you might seen more in seinen manga.

Ryu and Ken's original designs look like characters you may expect to see in a old school manga or anime, so yeah, I'd say they count.

The amount of Fire Emblem characters kinda makes sense when you remember that Fire Emblem has grown to be a big hit for Nintendo, mostly due to Smash Bros. itself...
Fire Emblem has a ton of entries and characters. I don't think its sales necessarily justify seven characters but it sure as hell makes sense why it has a lot.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Saitama and Genos Mii costumes inc
I suggested other media Mii costumes as DLC elsewhere but got a resounding no. I feel like those would be a no-brainer and really push Mii Fighters more towards the "anyone you want it to be" concept they brought.

Obviously getting the rights could prove to be a nightmare in some cases, but I think it would be worth a gander.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The amount of Fire Emblem characters kinda makes sense when you remember that Fire Emblem has grown to be a big hit for Nintendo, mostly due to Smash Bros. itself...
No, it really hasn't. They had one game that sold well outside of Japan.

FE is the third most represented series in Smash, yet it'd be lucky if it was in the top 10 of Nintendo's most popular franchises.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
then i must be blind because i find 0 that are useful to me
just gotta type things like “Smash Ultimate Pit” and you’ll find stuff (Smash 4 guides works aswell since he didn’t change moveset wise)...or be able to think beyond all comprehensions and gain fighting tips as well as life advice from Palutena and Viridi
no i just think there are too many fire emblems

also anime is for losers
You did not just call John Cena a loser, did you?
John Cena is about to kill somebody again...and it ain’t even a new year yet
FE is the third most represented series in Smash
Only by character, but overall they’re starting to creep up past series like :ultsamus::ultkirby:

D

Deleted member

No, it really hasn't. They had one game that sold well outside of Japan.

FE is the third most represented series in Smash, yet it'd be lucky if it was in the top 10 of Nintendo's most popular franchises.
>One game that sold well outside of Japan
Imagine being this uninformed

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have a prediction. You know hiw P4 was Golden, I think P5 should be Silver
P4 Golden(week) P5 Silver(week)
Golden is also a pun on prime time, since it's called "golden hour" in Japan. TV theme and all. Considering ATLUS have a site named P5R, we might get a "Red" or "Rouge", but who knows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Golden is also a pun on prime time, since it's called "golden hour" in Japan. TV theme and all. Considering ATLUS have a site named P5R, we might get a "Red" or "Rouge", but who knows.
I say this without knowing anything about Persona 5.

But it seems like there's a focus on the red colour in the marketing, so Persona 5 Red is pretty possible, imo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I suggested other media Mii costumes as DLC elsewhere but got a resounding no. I feel like those would be a no-brainer and really push Mii Fighters more towards the "anyone you want it to be" concept they brought.

Obviously getting the rights could prove to be a nightmare in some cases, but I think it would be worth a gander.
If anything, the Saiyan Hair would be nice. We got a Ninja Headband that's more than good enough to make many easy Ninja characters, including ones like Naruto. It's a lot easier to license for a generic head than the full characters as costumes too. Wrestling games have had the Saiyan Hair before, so it's clearly a thing that works. Makes sense for DLC, at least, since it's 3rd party, and that's how they want to make money off of other Mii Costumes again(can't blame the companies for wanting to be paid more for their IP's. Understandable).

osby

Smash Obsessed
I say this without knowing anything about Persona 5.

But it seems like there's a focus on the red colour in the marketing, so Persona 5 Red is pretty possible, imo.
I guess. It would be a dreadfully boring name but after "Portable", it's not impossible.

D

Deleted member

We talking about SF characters?

Then I nominate my old SF4 main as DLC:

Rufus_sfxt.jpg

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Who here loves to think up moves for our DLC? P.Plant don't count because we saw its moves in game.

D

Deleted member

Well, I’ve finally turned thirteen, so I can finally join Smashboards.
It feels good to be part of this community. I’ve been lurking for almost four months now. .

D

Deleted member

It feels good to be part of this community. I’ve been lurking for almost four months now. .
I find this website adictive, tbh.

I always like to look for stuff to talk about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Who have you done it for? I have a good idea of how most of my wanted characters would play but I believe the only ones I really shared on this site are a complete moveset for Shantae and some WIP for Cynthia and her Pokémon.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Mayhem!

Also, oh Noipoi Noipoi ...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who have you done it for? I have a good idea of how most of my wanted characters would play but the only ones I really shared are a complete moveset fir Shantae and some WIP for Cynthia and her Pokémon.
I tried with Crash Bandicoot.

Some of the stuff he does in Skylanders Imaginators can work in Smash for normal attacks and maybe specials, he could apply the slide+jump combo for better movement, and the Final Smash would be Hog Wild, which works similar to the Blue Falcon.

The jetpack would be a recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom