• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Smash DLC wish list:
2-
3-
4-
5-
Goemon, in any of those positions.. and that's about it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We'll get a Nintendo Direct before Piranha Plant releases. Why? Because they'll need to date the next wave of amiibo releases. This is a common pattern for Nintendo. I believe it's Ken, Pichu and Young Link that are coming next. In that Direct, we will likely find out which character comes after Joker.

And that character will be Sans from Undertale
I think we'll get something in February. It's when I think we'll get :ultpiranha: (after the Direct ends, probably) and Joker should have enough work on him for footage + his stage. We'll get the amiibo you mentioned, Joker's amiibo possibly revealed, mii costumes, and another teaser at the end.

...Looking at that, I would think another Smash mini Direct akin to the Roy/Ryu reveal...I guess that's possible? Especially if they have other goodies like modes on the horizon.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think we'll get something in February. It's when I think we'll get :ultpiranha: (after the Direct ends, probably) and Joker should have enough work on him for footage + his stage. We'll get the amiibo you mentioned, Joker's amiibo possibly revealed, mii costumes, and another teaser at the end.
i feel like a hipster reading this
"i said this BEFORE it was cool"

jokes aside I've got 95% confidence in February.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
They should make Sonic X Mario operate like the first Sonic Adventure.

Pick multiple Sonic and Mario characters. Complete each character's adventure to get the full story, but polish it and modernize it.

So like pick 6 PoVs.

I'd personally create a new bad guy that makes them team up even with Eggman and Bowser.

So it'd be like Sonic's story, Mario's story, Bowser's story, Eggman's story, then maybe Tails and Luigi?

The others like Amy, Knuckles, Peach, Rosalina, Cream, Daisy, Shadow, etc could appear in some capacity through all the stories.
I’m thinking it’d be cooler to be able to have both (or in my case all four) characters at the same time, switching between them or even them doing combo abilities.

I have fiddled with this concept before. Because Nintendo insisted that Mario+Rabbids not be just a standard Mario platformer, I had the idea of it being a beat’em’up platformer. Mario and Sonic being the main stars with other characters being unlockable.

The plot was simple. Dr. Eggman accidentally rips open a portal to the Mario Universe. Sonic follows through and lands in Bowser’s Keep. Bowser is able to trick Sonic into believing Mario and the Mushroom Kingdom are evil and persecuting the Koopa people (echoing Sonic’s own fight against Eggman). Eggman lands at Peach’s castle and manages to trick the Italian Plumber in much the same way (it helps that Sonic is now working with Bowser). While the two heroes battle each other across both worlds, Bowser and Eggman meet and form an alliance so they can merge the two worlds and conquer them. At this point it’s up to the heroes to realize the deception and defeat the villains.
I mean that’s kinda the premise of the Sonic and Mega Man crossover already and kinda like the Crash and Spyro one too, well if a conflict like that arises I hope it’s resolved relatively quickly cause I’d rather see more comraderie between them than constant fighting.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling the DLC newcomers are probably gonna be broken when they first release, similarly to Bayo/Cloud were.

This would be due to them not being playtested for balance at all, as the devs are likely rushing to get each character and stage fully modeled, animated, and programmed before the (likely quite tight) deadlines. If the new music tracks haven't been composed yet, that's gotta be done, too.

If DLC characters are being worked on concurrently, that means the already limited dev resources are being stretched even further, making the possibility for extreme unbalance even more likely.

I'd love to be proven wrong when they come out, though.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It's like female Corrin with actual tights but without actual tights.
One of the benefits of Arle getting into Smash Bros. would be easy Brain Dumbed .gifs for posts like this.

D

Deleted member

Did someone say presents? ;) Ho ho ho!
Hello Santa.

I tried my best, but i ****ed up too much this year.

My christmas wish is to see the people who dislike me on Smashboards having a great 2019, because they deserve it more than me for having to deal with me

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I am! I made a Mii Brawler of Twonkie (He's the smallest elf at the workshop, you see) and it's been quite enjoyable to see his face light up as 'he' beats up heavyweight characters!
Does this represent the workplace violence in the workshop?
*holds microphone uncomfortably close to beardman christmas*

Santa Claus

Seasonal Smasher
Santa, get back to work. Christmas is tonight, you have to be prepared.
Ho ho ho! Tonight? Christmas is now! I'm currently flying over the Indian Ocean, so I have a few minutes.

Hello Santa.

I tried my best, but i ****ed up too much this year.

My christmas wish is to see the people who dislike me on Smashboards having a great 2019, because they deserve it more than me for having to deal with me
Ho ho ohh, don't beat yourself up, JD. Everyone makes mistakes. The key is to do your best and always try and improve on yourself - something everyone needs to do more of. Don't let the past get to you.

Does this represent the workplace violence in the workshop?
It's a videogame. They don't cause violence!

D

Deleted member

Bowser's A.I. on level 8 three stocked me and took me three attempts to beat. He somehow was able to escape jabs when they were only on the start-up.

What even are the CPUs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ho ho ho! Tonight? Christmas is now! I'm currently flying over the Indian Ocean, so I have a few minutes.

Ho ho ohh, don't beat yourself up, JD. Everyone makes mistakes. The key is to do your best and always try and improve on yourself - something everyone needs to do more of. Don't let the past get to you.

It's a videogame. They don't cause violence!
Don't be sly, I saw your double po-ho-host.

Please acknowledge my antagonism, I need the coal in my stocking to heat the house for my family.

Bowser's A.I. on level 8 three stocked me and took me three attempts to beat. He somehow was able to escape jabs when they were only on the start-up.

What even are the CPUs.
It's gotten to the point where I just have no reason to fight level 9s. The humans I usually fight aren't nearly as "precise", and really I just use them as dummies to test combos and it's hard to do anything against a robot with perfect inputs (most of the time)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Uh, from what I've heard from Kurogane Hammer, :ultwiifittrainer:'s Deep Breathing, when successful, actually increases her stats now. You see, she was just :ultcloud: in disguise, and didn't want to show it until now.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
It's gotten to the point where I just have no reason to fight level 9s. The humans I usually fight aren't nearly as "precise", and really I just use them as dummies to test combos and it's hard to do anything against a robot with perfect inputs (most of the time)
I think we can all agree that the lvl 9 CPUs are elder gods in this game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I hope for some reason that he has a "school uniform" alt and he ends up getting a P2 amiibo with it so I can have both

pls let me give you my money nintendo
If he gets a school costume, then which colour swap of the 8 party members (excluding no. 9 for obvious reasons) gets the boot in order to accomodate for it?

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Have Smash Bros motivate you to play a game?

In my case, in the Brawl era, seeing Snake made me play Metal Gear.

Before Ultimate, I wasnt interested on Splatoon, but know im about to buy Splatoon 2 lol, is out of stock on Amazon Mexico tho, so I will have to wait :(

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have a feeling the DLC newcomers are probably gonna be broken when they first release, similarly to Bayo/Cloud were.

This would be due to them not being playtested for balance at all, as the devs are likely rushing to get each character and stage fully modeled, animated, and programmed before the (likely quite tight) deadlines. If the new music tracks haven't been composed yet, that's gotta be done, too.

If DLC characters are being worked on concurrently, that means the already limited dev resources are being stretched even further, making the possibility for extreme unbalance even more likely.

I hope we get more broken characters, tbh.

Uh, from what I've heard from Kurogane Hammer, :ultwiifittrainer:'s Deep Breathing, when successful, actually increases her stats now. You see, she was just :ultcloud: in disguise, and didn't want to show it until now.
It already used to increase her attack power and walk speed, they just added fall and run speed to that, which is great.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

when everyone's broken, no-one will be

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If he gets a school costume, then which colour swap of the 8 party members (excluding no. 9 for obvious reasons) gets the boot in order to accomodate for it?
Good question. I suppose I'm speaking from the possibility that they just end up doing 4 Joker / 4 School Uniform alts.
I'd probably remove Morgana's. Not because I dislike him or anything, but his color scheme is... black/white/yellow. Ryuji also has the Black/yellow thing going on.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I hope we get more broken characters, tbh.

It already used to increase her attack power and walk speed, they just added fall and run speed to that, which is great.
Now just give her blond hair, a Japanese voice for every version of the game and more disjointed hitboxes, and we're definitely good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom