• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I still want an full-on adventure game starting these two :ultmario::ultsonic:, actually throw in :ultmegaman: & :ultpacman: as well. I’d love to see these four start in a game together outside of Smash.
Put Crash in the mix and you can count me in.

Or Donkey Kong with Crash.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think you ruin the appeal of Sonic and Mario's adventure crossover if you include anyone else in it.

IF they ever finally take that plunge it simply has to be just those two and perhaps their supporting casts.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think you ruin the appeal of Sonic and Mario's adventure crossover if you include anyone else in it.

IF they ever finally take that plunge it simply has to be just those two and perhaps their supporting casts.
mario and sonic at the olympic games

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Watch as Kirby and Bomberman somehow butt in.

D

Deleted member

I think that Crash joining the mix could be fine too.

A lot of people want to see Crash, Sonic and Mario together in any form of media.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Crash, Sonic and Mario is a crossover that a lot of people wish to see.

It was a big thing in the 90s, and it is possible to create today.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Probably, yeah. I just find it funny that most competitively suitable games are also the most bug-filled ones.
Like Marvel 2 (because that was like 8 games cobbled together into 1 for one final paycheck)

D

Deleted member

Nah. Crash and Spyro duo adventure is where he needs to appear in a crossover.

I think that even has a chance of happening unlike a Mario X Sonic adventure.
We technically got a crossover between Crash, Spyro, Donkey Kong and the Mario universe, doh.

AFED736B-AA8C-4BC7-8061-E2BCB9F9F02C.jpeg

9B4D8B58-0699-4898-823C-818E2A0690D3.jpeg

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They should make Sonic X Mario operate like the first Sonic Adventure.

Pick multiple Sonic and Mario characters. Complete each character's adventure to get the full story, but polish it and modernize it.

So like pick 6 PoVs.

I'd personally create a new bad guy that makes them team up even with Eggman and Bowser.

So it'd be like Sonic's story, Mario's story, Bowser's story, Eggman's story, then maybe Tails and Luigi?

The others like Amy, Knuckles, Peach, Rosalina, Cream, Daisy, Shadow, etc could appear in some capacity through all the stories.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They should make Sonic X Mario operate like the first Sonic Adventure.

Pick multiple Sonic and Mario characters. Complete each character's adventure to get the full story, but polish it and modernize it.

So like pick 6 PoVs.

I'd personally create a new bad guy that makes them team up even with Eggman and Bowser.

So it'd be like Sonic's story, Mario's story, Bowser's story, Eggman's story, then maybe Tails and Luigi?

The others like Amy, Knuckles, Peach, Rosalina, Cream, Daisy, Shadow, etc could appear in some capacity through all the stories.
I have fiddled with this concept before. Because Nintendo insisted that Mario+Rabbids not be just a standard Mario platformer, I had the idea of it being a beat’em’up platformer. Mario and Sonic being the main stars with other characters being unlockable.

The plot was simple. Dr. Eggman accidentally rips open a portal to the Mario Universe. Sonic follows through and lands in Bowser’s Keep. Bowser is able to trick Sonic into believing Mario and the Mushroom Kingdom are evil and persecuting the Koopa people (echoing Sonic’s own fight against Eggman). Eggman lands at Peach’s castle and manages to trick the Italian Plumber in much the same way (it helps that Sonic is now working with Bowser). While the two heroes battle each other across both worlds, Bowser and Eggman meet and form an alliance so they can merge the two worlds and conquer them. At this point it’s up to the heroes to realize the deception and defeat the villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom