• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I haven’t played Nier because some people told me that the game is too easy.
Just because games are easy doesn't mean they aren't worthwhile.

Kirby games are loads of fun. But they aren't gonna challenge you aside from some blatant post game challenge.

D

Deleted member

Just because games are easy doesn't mean they aren't worthwhile.

Kirby games are loads of fun. But they aren't gonna challenge you aside from some blatant post game challenge.
Kirby games can include a mode with harder difficulty sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Point still stands.

Easy Game =/= Bad Game
When did i say that Nier is a bad game?

I just said that i like challenging games.

I believe Nier does too, but Nier is a game designed for multiple playthroughs to get all the different endings to get the full picture
Then i can see why it is easy.

Does the difficulty increase each time you start a new playthrough?
Because then i wouldn’t mind to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
even if Nier is easy it looks great, and I'll probably be playing it if I can get my hands on it at some point

D

Deleted member

even if Nier is easy it looks great, and I'll probably be playing it if I can get my hands on it at some point
And that’s fine.

I am just a person who loves challenge, but i don’t find Nier as a bad game just for being easy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And that’s fine.

I am just a person who loves challenge, but i don’t find Nier as a bad game just for being easy.
I like a challenge as well, which is why I initially started World of Light in hard until I realized that the CPUs are steroidal.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Indeed.
The CPUs got buffed a lot for this game.
They've gotten better with every single game.

The 64 ones were hilariously awful, even at high levels.

All they mostly did was walk around for a good 10 seconds, then finally attack with one weak jab.

Fun times...

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, even during the day, what is there to discuss?

This part of Smashboards has never been one to discuss stuff like competitive tech, tiers, etc, and we're post-launch, so without any good/convincing/legit leaks, this thread is basically going to crawl until Piranha Plant comes out and we get info on Joker.

God help us all if Piranha Plant's patch pulls a Lucas/Roy/Ryu and some ******** forgets to scrub the names out again,

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
The characters I want to see include:
-Ninja who gets knocked into pits
-Limbless freak of nature™
-Half-Genie bellydancer that turns into animals
-Lazy bear that carries mouthy bird on his back
-Cackling minion who speaks in broken English and lacks beef
-Chimp girlfriend who flies around with her ponytail
-Archeologist who’s team of trained animals will wipe the floor with yours
I also want Sheena from Tales of Symphonia. She needs to keep following Lloyd around.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I mean, even during the day, what is there to discuss?

This part of Smashboards has never been one to discuss stuff like competitive tech, tiers, etc, and we're post-launch, so without any good/convincing/legit leaks, this thread is basically going to crawl until Piranha Plant comes out and we get info on Joker.

God help us all if Piranha Plant's patch pulls a Lucas/Roy/Ryu and some ******** forgets to scrub the names out again,
To be fair by the time Piranha Plant comes out we'll know about Joker and possibly another character. Unless it's the entire DLC then yeah :p

KingBroly

Smash Lord
We'll get a Nintendo Direct before Piranha Plant releases. Why? Because they'll need to date the next wave of amiibo releases. This is a common pattern for Nintendo. I believe it's Ken, Pichu and Young Link that are coming next. In that Direct, we will likely find out which character comes after Joker.

And that character will be Sans from Undertale

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We got characters like :ultpit::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultness: making peace signs and other finger numbering poses...they must start a cult

D

Deleted member

We got characters like :ultpit::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultness: making peace signs and other finger numbering poses...they must start a cult
Surprised about Sonic not doing the same, since he has a lot of popular poses that involve the hand gestures.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
still microtransactions, which exist entirely to coax you out of your money in order to make the game more fun to play, even if you spent 80 dollars on it
You do know it’s almost impossible to make back your development costs on a game even charging $80. If they don’t do something, usually DLC or Microtransactions, they don’t make money at all. Which means no more games. At all. Is that really what you want?

D

Deleted member

Of course they have.
Lots of people are angry about Joker.
It's not that hard to find em either

Jokes on them though, the only opinion that matters is mine.
You know what’s funny?

I could actually imagine that everyone on this website expected me to be completely happy about CTR the most alongside the other reveals at the Game Awards except for Joker since some still believe that i only want Crash.

But it turned the other way around: i loved Joker’s inclusion, and a certain reveal at the Awards ruined my excitement for CTR and the rest of the event due to the anger that it gave me.

Seriously, anybody here expected me to accept Joker so much?

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what’s funny?

I could actually imagine that everyone on this website expected me to be completely happy about CTR the most alongside the other reveals at the Game Awards except for Joker since some still believe that i only want Crash.

But it turned the other way around: i loved Joker’s inclusion, and a certain reveal at the Awards ruined my excitement for CTR and the rest of the event due to the anger that it gave me.
What happened?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Has this been discussed?

Apparently a 4chan leak had been deleted shortly after it was posted, which has some speculating means something.

My counter?
Real leaks on 4chan existed that HAVEN'T been deleted, most notably the one that included Piranha Plant in the Smash Direct for November.
So what would make this one special instead of perhaps the original poster deleting it themselves to make it seem like damage control?
because leak threads on /v/ are, once in a while, treated as typical spam to moderation so they'll just delete em to tone it down and scare those trying to spam the board seeking shortlived fame

this isn't that hard to think through, even as a dedicated 4chan(nel) poster myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom