• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I need to learn more characters then anime swordboys tbh, I've realised that I'm kinda bad when I play a character that doesn't have as much range.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Persona: Jack Frost
Dragon Quest: None. Stingy Squenix.
Tales: Lloyd if we get Yuri, Yuri if we get Lloyd
Crash Bandicoot: Dr. Neo Cortex
Banjo-Kazooie: Mumbo Jumbo (Gruntilda Stage boss)

D

Deleted member

Play Wolf.

He's essentially a sword guy, but also has a gun.
I'll try him out!
Since when Roy has any range?
I don't use Roy, I use Chrom but he still has pretty good range and can effectively space people out with the tip of his sword unlike Roy. He has more range then the average character at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'll try him out!

I don't use Roy, I use Chrom but he still has pretty good range and can effectively space people out with the tip of his sword unlike Roy. He has more range then the average character at least.
Assuming you don't play Pit/Dark Pit often, they can work as well. Good for both short and long-range combat.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I need to learn more characters then anime swordboys tbh, I've realised that I'm kinda bad when I play a character that doesn't have as much range.
Mewtwo and Ridley both pretty much have the tilt range of a sword user. They’re worth checking out.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Persona: Jack Frost
Dragon Quest: None. Stingy Squenix.
Tales: Lloyd if we get Yuri, Yuri if we get Lloyd
Crash Bandicoot: Dr. Neo Cortex
Ryu Hayabusa: Ayane
Rayman: Murphy
Shantae: Rottytops
Nightmare: Yoshimitsu

Also I started imagining a Palutena’s Guidance for Banjo-Kazooie what involves Mumbo crashing in and talking about them while Pit’s confused about his weird voice and animated talking head

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ryu Hayabusa: Ayane
Rayman: Murphy
Shantae: Rottytops
Nightmare: Yoshimitsu

Also I started imagining a Palutena’s Guidance for Banjo-Kazooie what involves Mumbo crashing in and talking about them while Pit’s confused about his weird voice and animated talking head
That reminds me: I wouldn't mind Jaquio from Ninja Gaiden as a boss, only if they were ever considered again. Maybe for Ryu Hayabusa's Classic Mode, at the final round.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hello,

I would like to inform everyone that Resetera (Yes, I know...I-It's toxic...B-But it's important information!) is, once again, trying to create up a storm to get Nintendo to remove content. The toxic players call them racist.

Oh my god..Just no. NO. It's not racist. Yet they think it's SO...

It makes me want to, like, vomit. This isn't even racist, and most importantly, it's NOT EVEN FUNNY TO BEGIN WITH.

D

Deleted member

Hello,

I would like to inform everyone that Resetera (Yes, I know...I-It's toxic...B-But it's important information!) is, once again, trying to create up a storm to get Nintendo to remove content. The toxic players call them racist.

It makes me want to, like, vomit. This isn't even racist, and most importantly, it's NOT EVEN FUNNY TO BEGIN WITH.
Does that user even know about the DK boss in Punch Out for Wii? Or that Villager's net is the closest thing to the character's role in the Kirby games?

And Diddy works great for a character based on quick and crazy movement.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hello,

What? I thought the Fire Attack spirit got altered or maybe that was just Flatzone.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can I just vent about how I ****ing hate this new clanking system they have?

Like holy ****, why does my sword clank with Chrom's FSmash when I'M BEHIND HIM AND WANTED TO PUNISH THAT FSMASH.
Doesn't apply to just swords too. I slam my sword into a guy's foot, I expect to destory his foot, not clank and bounce off and get punished for spacing correctly.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hello,

Mr Sandman makes sense as DK for his emphasis on big 'knockout' punches (besides Little Mac, who would have been boring), and that Tac thing was chalked up to being an oversight during that skin's, er... skin change.

dee jay is lmao tho

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hello,

IMG_20180501_005131.jpg

For the love of... cancel that site. ignoring the fact the black villager wasnt black in the pre build of smash

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Mr Sandman makes sense as DK for his emphasis on big 'knockout' punches (besides Little Mac, who would have been boring), and that Tac thing was chalked up to being an oversight during that skin's, er... skin change.

dee jay is lmao tho
Isn't Dee Jay known for quick movement speed though?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
what I especially like is the one guy making a valid point about how Diddy has always had a 'DJ' thing going on with his DKC boom box and his verse in the DK rap (especially the Smash remix), then being treated like he just shot a puppy

like, it's possible this wasn't actually intended in the light that they're weirdly determined to see it in, y'know

D

Deleted member

dee jay is lmao tho
They make sense when you think about It:

>Sandman is one of the hardest bosses in Punch Out, so DK fits him for being a character that fits the boxing mechanic and also having appeared as a secret and hard boss in Punch Out for Wii.

>Tac acts in the Kirby games like Nabbit, so Villager's net is a good way to represent that element.

>Dee Jay is an energetic, fast and dynamic character; these being traits that fit well with Diddy too.

D

Deleted member

Hello,

*sigh*

ResetEra's a joke. No less than that, they're a joke that's not even funny. Pay absolutely zero attention to them.

Iridium

Smash Hero
*sigh*

ResetEra's a joke. No less than that, they're a joke that's not even funny. Pay absolutely zero attention to them.
Watch someone over there try to claim Cloud's a racist portrayal of Japanese people for no reason.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Omg someone in the comments is bringing up Wham Bam Rock from Kirby Super Star.
Screenshot (277).png
Isn't the room the boss fight takes place in dark to begin with?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I mean yeah. But they should get a reduced sentence if it was unintentional. This kind of thing is why we have “manslaughter”.
yeah obviously its less bad, but its still there and people are going to end up complaining about it either way

like im gonna complain about it too because seeing the black villager as tac was kind of uncomfortable. and i get why they picked villager. they didn't have to use the black costume

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah not this **** again.

If you honestly think Nintendo of Japan's trying to inject some ****ing social commentary on blacks using goddamn spirit battles, I've got nothing to say to you.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Villager works for Tac, sure.
Using the black skin alternate costume, however, is clearly playing into the horrible stereotype. Unintentional or not.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Yeah not this **** again.

If you honestly think Nintendo of Japan's trying to inject some ****ing social commentary on blacks using goddamn spirit battles, I've got nothing to say to you.
they aren't

but its still racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom