• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Sigh...

Use Sonic or Ken for Deejay
Little Mac for Mr. Dream
and the problem with TAC was that they singled out only the dark skinned Villager. Use all of the Villagers.

It doesn't matter how good they may be as references, just rule of thumb, to be safe, don't represent black and dark skinned people with simians.

I'm wasn't up in a big stink when I got to these myself, but seeing the Mr. Dream one did make me go "huh...Donkey Kong? Really?". It's a real stigma no matter what you say, so I can see people just trying to yell the loudest for the sake of being whiny overly sensitive PC police enforcers, and I can also see someone like MY black ass actually getting that knee-jerk reation because intentional, unintentional, there is a taboo there.

I'm not in a big enough stink over it, but not everyone who considered, or initial thought "wow...really?" is a troll or just some loud PC asshole trying to get attention. Maybe these guys are just reaching, I don't really pay attention to Resetera, and I'm not judging whether they should be paid attention to, but I'll say it again...you just cannot just ape characters to rep dark skinned people anymore, regardless of any context or connective tissue and NOT expect someone to cry fowl.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; flaming
Always hilarious to see the usual idiots jumping in to defend racism

Excuse you. I don't advocate racism in the slightest bit. Me criticizing a site know for toxic and piece of **** people somehow makes me racist now? Nice logic there, moron.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
hey did I miss the anger party
hope people don't fight, because fighting doesn't make this any less of a party game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

**** off.

I have been discrimimated by a huge number of people IRL just for my voice.

I know how It feels to be treaten like **** by many groups of persons.

D

Deleted member

Sigh...

Use Sonic or Ken for Deejay
Little Mac for Mr. Dream
and the problem with TAC was that they singled out only the dark skinned Villager. Use all of the Villagers.

It doesn't matter how good they may be as references, just rule of thumb, to be safe, don't represent black and dark skinned people with simians.

I'm wasn't up in a big stink when I got to these myself, but seeing the Mr. Dream one did make me go "huh...Donkey Kong? Really?". It's a real stigma no matter what you say, so I can see people just trying to yell the loudest for the sake of being whiny overly sensitive PC police enforcers, and I can also see someone like MY black *** actually getting that knee-jerk reation because intentional, unintentional, there is a taboo there.

I'm not in a big enough stink over it, but not everyone who considered, or initial thought "wow...really?" is a troll or just some loud PC ******* trying to get attention. Maybe these guys are just reaching, I don't really pay attention to Resetera, and I'm not judging whether they should be paid attention to, but I'll say it again...you just cannot just ape characters to rep dark skinned people anymore, regardless of any context or connective tissue and NOT expect someone to cry fowl.
Now this is a good way to stand against It.

Yes, i didn't found It racist at first.
But i am a person who has been discriminated too many times in his life for the voice alone... And i don't stand any person who claims that i don't know how it feels to be discriminated.

Your post was made in a better way, and actually made me understand the problem better.

I have blocked the user who called me an idiot btw

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Could we discuss this without tensions getting high for once?
Nah because people have higher blood pressures on the internet
Just talk about what you want to talk otherwise, because asking this question is probably just gonna prod people

Speaking of ignoring everyone highkey holding guns up to each other, I hope they do Joker justice haha

if all else fails, we can always Settle It in Smash
i'll fight anyone anyway even if they aren't currently mad at me

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Excuse you. I don't advocate racism in the slightest bit. Me criticizing a site know for toxic and piece of **** people somehow makes me racist now? Nice logic there, moron.
The fact you felt the need to reply to my post when it didn't apply to you in the first place says it all.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

As a K. Rool main, this speaks to me.
But Inkling is listed as your Ultimate main...?

K. Rool's tilts are ridiculous. The Queen Metroid spirit, where you fight a giant K. Rool at a high CPU level, exhibits just how bonkers the hitboxes are. I'm glad that he's a good character, since good heavy characters aren't so common, but damn.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

WTF!? Did this happen!?

Racism is literally the worst. It just proofs you as a person failed to rise above your society's prejudice, because racism is not a born trait but learned. It also proofs you lack the social flexibility to mingle with people you don't share exterior similarities with, not knowing that inside you may share way more than people of your own culture or skin color.

Anyone who tries to proof they are of a "master race" is only hiding their own insignificance and insecurities behind biased fake news presented as "facts" of deeds they never even acomplished themselves. You didn't even master yourself yet, your thoughts, your insecurities, your fears, your physical, mental and spiritual full potential. So what "master race" are you really from!?? Potential to master yourself is INFINITIVE amongst all of the human race. In fact, because all humans of all cultures and skin colors can reproduce, there isn't even a "race" amongst men. We all came from Africa, near Ethiopia and the River Nile, that's why black / African genes are dominant, cause it all resides in us.

Let this humble ANYONE who feels the cap fits.

D

Deleted member

This game is so unfair.

Everyone is too dang fun to play. How do I pick characters when they're all fun?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The fact you felt the need to reply to my post when it didn't apply to you in the first place says it all.

Oh piss off, it's almost like being a passive aggressive tends to get on people's nerves.
That was clearly trying to bait people into replying.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Nah because people have higher blood pressures on the internet
Just talk about what you want to talk otherwise, because asking this question is probably just gonna prod people
Eh, you're right. Anyways... who else is glad they got to see Santa on the Boards?

osby

Smash Obsessed

Bionichute

Smash Champion
This game is so unfair.

Everyone is too dang fun to play. How do I pick characters when they're all fun?
signal out ten characters you really like playing as and then just use them

also i'm working on a general range guide for every attack in the game using the training stage's blocks as a guide! did you know that pac-man's key actually HAS A RANGE LIMIT? it only goes 14 blocks before it disappears, which is longer than the screen covers on most stages!

D

Deleted member

But Inkling is listed as your Ultimate main...?

K. Rool's tilts are ridiculous. The Queen Metroid spirit, where you fight a giant K. Rool at a high CPU level, exhibits just how bonkers the hitboxes are. I'm glad that he's a good character, since good heavy characters aren't so common, but damn.
I like Inkling the most but K. Rool legitimately rivals my playtime for them.

K. Rool being an actually good character makes me so happy, I was really nervous he was gonna suck back in pre-release, lol.

While I don't think he's as good as initially overhyped, he's definitely a good character. He's one of those characters where he can kind of do everything, his only weakness seems to be bad end-lag and being big.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
This game is so unfair.

I'm never going to question who my main is; I've been waiting for Dark Samus for 14 years. But I like Ridley, too, especially since he has a Meta Ridley skin and is a much more straightforward character as opposed to the more technical characters I've been used to playing. And I'll never put my boy R.O.B. down, either, and I still love Dedede, so I've got a solid set of four characters that I love. Big fan of Richter, too, but I have to learn how to play him better. And on the periphery, I still play Toon Link, Snake, Mega Man, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf, although I preferred Ganondorf's smash attacks in 4, even though he has the sword in this game.

Really loving Ultimate and its cast, safe to say. It'll definitely be the game that I and countless others will never fully put away, no matter what future games hold.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
WTF!? Did this happen!?

Racism is literally the worst. It just proofs you as a person failed to rise above your society's prejudice, because racism is not a born trait but learned. It also proofs you lack the social flexibility to mingle with people you don't share exterior similarities with, not knowing that inside you may share way more than people of your own culture or skin color.

Anyone who tries to proof they are of a "master race" is only hiding their own insignificance and insecurities behind biased fake news presented as "facts" of deeds they never even acomplished themselves. You didn't even master yourself yet, your thoughts, your insecurities, your fears, your physical, mental and spiritual full potential. So what "master race" are you really from!?? Potential to master yourself is INFINITIVE amongst all of the human race. In fact, because all humans of all cultures and skin colors can reproduce, there isn't even a "race" amongst men. We all came from Africa, near Ethiopia and the River Nile, that's why black / African genes are dominant, cause it all resides in us.

Let this humble ANYONE who feels the cap fits.
You need only look at the past page and you'll see people insisting that there's nothing wrong about black characters being repped by apes.

Oh piss off, it's almost like being a passive aggressive tends to get on people's nerves.
That was clearly trying to bait people into replying.
It wasn't, but whatever you say pumpkin

D

Deleted member

If anyone dares to say that i don't have the experience to talk about discrimination, you are going to get blocked.

Maybe not for my skin or my gender, but i have been dealing through my life with too many **** caused just for my voice.

I've been harassed, rejected, mocked, taken down mentally and phisically and even beated just for a voice that i hate too much, to the point that i get to wish sometimes to not have even been born with one.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
haha let's talk about how Inkling doesn't need nerfs and everyone just needs to stop being bad

in fact they need a buff tbh
let us further customize their outfits

it's a buff in my eyes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You blatantly said,

When I and others were never defending racism in the first place. We were expressing how tired we were of ResetEra's lunatic claims, because again, ResetEra is a cesspool of lairs and jackasses.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly I feel there's a little internal racism in situations like the Donkey and Diddy Kong Spirits posted that leads to situations like this.

Most people: Cool battle. I can see what they were doing there to tie back to the game and abilities and what not.
People looking for racist things and in turn being racist themselves by trying to point out racism where there wasn't any meant: MONKEYS! BLACK PEOPLE! RACIST.

My point is? Sometimes by looking for racism everywhere you can be just as much of the problem you're trying to apparently solve as situations where there actually was racism.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You need only look at the past page and you'll see people insisting that there's nothing wrong about black characters being repped by apes.
I've seen this with the boxer from Punch Out being DK, and the Street Fighter capoeira fighter as Diddy. With DK, it was obvious racism as all other boxers from Punch Out where represented as Little Mac before. And Little Mac even has a alt that makes his skin color darker.... With the capoeira fighter, am not sure... It's too much of a coincidence. And I don't like it.

Keep in mind that in general, Asia is quite racist. Especially China. It'd be a shame if this was truly racist and if so...... I don't even know what to think.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Research the characters before you go "UHH RACISM BECAUSE APE"

They make sense when you think about It:

>Sandman is one of the hardest bosses in Punch Out, so DK fits him for being a character that fits the boxing mechanic and also having appeared as a secret and hard boss in Punch Out for Wii.

>Dee Jay is an energetic, fast and dynamic character; these being traits that fit well with Diddy too.

D

Deleted member

I've seen this with the boxer from Punch Out being DK, and the Street Fighter capoeira fighter as Diddy. With DK, it was obvious racism as all other boxers from Punch Out where represented as Little Mac before. And Little Mac even has a alt that makes his skin color darker.... With the capoeira fighter, am not sure... It's too much of a coincidence. And I don't like it.

Keep in mind that in general, Asia is quite racist. Especially China. It'd be a shame if this was truly racist and if so...... I don't even know what to think.
Yes, looking at it in the way you do, It has certain innuendos.

I would be fine with a patch too.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
haha let's talk about how Inkling doesn't need nerfs and everyone just needs to stop being bad

in fact they need a buff tbh
let us further customize their outfits

it's a buff in my eyes
king flip mesh + ponytail or nothing tbh

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You blatantly said,

When I and others were never defending racism in the first place. We were expressing how tired we were of ResetEra's lunatic claims, because again, ResetEra is a cesspool of lairs and jackasses.
Ergo not meant for you in the first place.
Yet you replied to it as if you felt targeted.

ResetEra is a cesspool of lairs and jackasses.
Something something don't throw stones in a glass house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom