• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Transcended: "Noi-kun uwu"
Pronouncing "Noipoi" For Dummies:
How_to_pronounce_noipoi.png

Edit: Also, to answer your question from before...
How do you guys pronounce each others names

Like very rarely do I read y'alls names out loud but if I did I'd have a problem with some of you
Depends on the person. If I know them well enough, I start using their real name in a more private setting. Otherwise, mine is pronounced "CAR-nair-uhh Myth-OHS"

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People talked about smashboards users tier list and y'all forgot the most important thing:

We need nerfs for Swamp Sensei, Scoliosis Jones, vaanrose and Thinkaman asap. They're kinda broken...

They can 0-to-death with their arguments combos, not fair... or maybe we all need to git gud...

Also Arigarmy spamming his sarcasm projectiles is limit OP.

:p
Since i'm not active enough to be on a tier list i'll settle for Assist Trophy status... for now... :)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People talked about smashboards users tier list and y'all forgot the most important thing:

We need nerfs for Swamp Sensei, Scoliosis Jones, vaanrose and Thinkaman asap. They're kinda broken...

They can 0-to-death with their arguments combos, not fair... or maybe we all need to git gud...

Since i'm not active enough to be on a tier list i'll settle for Assist Trophy status... for now... :)
They don't need nerfs. People can just git gud honestly.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm noticing that people have already "completed" the game(All spirits, music, mii outfits, fighters).

Is it really that easy to farm Music/Mii Costumes this game? It was an ungodly pain in the ass in 4.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A few months ago after the August direct, I drew an image predicting the rest of the base roster.
Smash Ultimate roster prediction.png

Two outta 7 seven ain't bad!

So I did it again!

dlc prediction maybe.png

This time, I decided to predict 4 safe picks and a "wild card". If I get any of these right I will laugh.

Erdrick
Dragon Quest is big. Like, really big. It's one of the biggest games ever in Japan, every release is like a national holiday. I still love Geno, but looking at it rationally A Dragon Quest character makes the most sense. people would pay for Dragon Quest, especially Japanese people. the only issue would be the composer, who's a grade A prick. But I don't think it'd be that much of an issue. If worse comes to worse we'll get some sloppy Midi songs.
Can be substituted for a SE character in general.

Master Chief
Halo is a big deal, and i'm sure Master Chief is the dream character of many. However you could substitute Master Chief with Banjo or Steve, basically any Microsoft rep. Reggie and Phil have been talking, and that doesn't guarantee anything, but I have a feeling...

Crash
Crash Bandicoot has been making a triumphant return, and what better way to celebrate this return than with Smash? I really feel this one, and I think i'd be the most surprised if he didn't get in. Can you imagine if one of Playstation's original mascots got to tussle with Nintendo and Sega's big boys?
It'd be that famous commercial all over again.

Frisk
This is it, my wild card. The one I have the least confidence in, but i'm gonna keep pushing for. Undertale was like, the biggest indie game of 2015. It was all over the place, you couldn't escape it. That's why it's so hated now actually. But if you ignore the memes and the fanbase this is a really good game. I think it was big in Japan too. Shovel Knight, the star of another huge indie game, got to be an Assist Trophy. So I don't think an indie character is out of the question. Besides, wouldn't this be just as out there and surprising as Joker? I can't say I expect it, but it's more likely than you think. I put Frisk here because a side character has never gotten in before the main character, so no Sans. If I get this one right I will legit think i've developed psychic power.

Welp, there it is. Will I be right? Probably not, but we'll never know until we see! And hey, if I get 2 outta 4 that's still half right.

Honorable mentions to Dante, lloyd, Yuri, Eudrick, Monster Hunter, Poochy, Bandanna Dee, Edelgard, Phoenix Wright, and a whole bunch of other characters I didn't even think of.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
A few months ago after the August direct, I drew an image predicting the rest of the base roster.
View attachment 183623

So I did it again!

View attachment 183622

This time, I decided to predict 4 safe picks and a "wild card". If I get any of these right I will laugh.

Erdrick
Dragon Quest is big. Like, really big. It's one of the biggest games ever in Japan, every release is like a national holiday. I still love Geno, but looking at it rationally A Dragon Quest character makes the most sense. people would pay for Dragon Quest, especially Japanese people. the only issue would be the composer, who's a grade A prick. But I don't think it'd be that much of an issue. If worse comes to worse we'll get some sloppy Midi songs.

Master Chief
Halo is a big deal, and i'm sure Master Chief is the dream character of many. However you could substitute Master Chief with Banjo or Steve, basically any Microsoft rep. Reggie and Phil have been talking, and that doesn't guarantee anything, but I have a feeling...

Crash
Crash Bandicoot has been making a triumphant return, and what better way to celebrate this return than with Smash? I really feel this one, and I think i'd be the most surprised if he didn't get in. Can you imagine if one of Playstation's original mascots got to tussle with Nintendo and Sega's big boys?

Frisk
This is it, my wild card. The one I have the least confidence in, but i'm gonna keep pushing for. Undertale was like, the biggest indie game of 2015. It was all over the place, you couldn't escape it. That's why it's so hated now actually. But if you ignore the memes and the fanbase this is a really good game. I think it was big in Japan too. Shovel Knight, the star of another huge indie game, got to be an Assist Trophy. So I don't think an indie character is out of the question. Besides, wouldn't this be just as out there and surprising as Joker? I can't say I expect it, but it's more likely than you think. I put Frisk here because a side character has never gotten in before the main character, so no Sans. If I get this one right I will legit think i've developed psychic power.

Welp, there it is. Will I be right? Probably not, but we'll never know until we see! And hey, if I get 2 outta 4 that's still half right.

Honorable mentions to Dante, lloyd, Yuri, Eudrick, Katalina, and a whole bunch of other characters I didn't think of.
one of the drawn characters isn’t Phoenix Wright

How could you betray me like this, Noi?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I'm noticing that people have already "completed" the game(All spirits, music, mii outfits, fighters).

Is it really that easy to farm Music/Mii Costumes this game? It was an ungodly pain in the *** in 4.
I got most of them from constantly going back and forth in the shop waiting for this song to appear

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
View attachment 183623

So I did it again!

View attachment 183622

Erdrick

Master Chief

Crash

Frisk

Honorable mentions to Dante, lloyd, Yuri, Eudrick, Katalina, Poochy, Bandanna Dee, Edelgard, Phoenix Wright, and a whole bunch of other characters I didn't even think of.
one of the drawn characters isn’t Phoenix Wright

How could you betray me like this, Noi?
I put him in the Honorable mentions ;)
no he's definitely one of the DLC.

I'm saying this with about 98.5% confidence.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dante, Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright I feel have the biggest chances of being DLC. I'm still putting my money on Dante though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Eh Arigarmy is just a noob killer, just learn to shield his attacks and you'll probably be fine.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Is it really that easy to farm Music/Mii Costumes this game? It was an ungodly pain in the *** in 4.
Well, let's just say I got all the purchasable Music and Mii Costumes without even realising it.

You can't "farm" them like you could in Brawl and Smash 4, these are your options:
  1. Receive the item as a reward for beating Classic Mode at a sufficiently high Intensity.
  2. Buy them from the Shop (prices vary from 300 to 1200 coins, I believe).
Some items can only be received from World of Light, and some can only be received from the Challenge Board; however, there is no overlap.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 183623

So I did it again!

View attachment 183622

Erdrick

Master Chief

Crash

Frisk

Honorable mentions to Dante, lloyd, Yuri, Eudrick, Katalina, Poochy, Bandanna Dee, Edelgard, Phoenix Wright, and a whole bunch of other characters I didn't even think of.
These are actually good safe picks, as I could see all of these likely candidates for DLC. I may not know much about Undertale, but I can't ignore how popular it is both here and Japan. If there is no fighter announced, then I could see some Mii Fighter outfits into the game (maybe 2 or 3). Plus, I might be wrong on this, but didn't Sakurai say that he liked Undertale (then again this isn't a good argument/point as Sakurai played other indie games as well...)?
If Frisk was a fighter, I'd like to see it summon characters like Sans or Papyrus in their moveset, or maybe they could work as a trio. Not gonna lie, They would be one of the most hypest character reveals to me if they were announced, and I'd like to see the world burn from that reveal.

Also I love your poster!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well good to know I have no idea what's going on around here as usual.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
View attachment 183623

So I did it again!

View attachment 183622

Erdrick

Master Chief

Crash

Frisk

Honorable mentions to Dante, lloyd, Yuri, Eudrick, Monster Hunter, Poochy, Bandanna Dee, Edelgard, Phoenix Wright, and a whole bunch of other characters I didn't even think of.
First of all, I'd absolutely be down for this roster. Master Chief joining is an event I really want to see reactions for.

Second, this post is neat because one can see how much your art has improved! Keep up the good work!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now that Charizard is finally a "good" character that people talk about its kind of funny seeing all of the misconceptions about him still floating around.

Yes, Flare Blitz kills early. Yes, it covers a long distance and has armor. No, it'd not Charizard's primary kill move. That's like saying Stone is Kirby's primary kill move, except its even more punishable and has built in recoil. Charizard has a frame 6 disjointed Up Smash and has had it for a very long time now. Stop throwing out random Flare Blitzes when your foe is at 80%, have some patience and get a few more his in before you start fishing for kills.

At least the myths that Charizard has bad recovery and move speed are slowly dying. It was kind of stupid how many people in the early Smash 4 days would talk about how fast Bowser was while so many others complained that Zard was slow. I still have a lot of people on quickplay though still naively go of stage against me and take a Beefy Up B or aforementioned Flare Blitz and just die, so I should still have fun with that for a while before people learn to respect an off stage Zard.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, let's just say I got all the purchasable Music and Mii Costumes without even realising it.

You can't "farm" them like you could in Brawl and Smash 4, these are your options:
  1. Receive the item as a reward for beating Classic Mode at a sufficiently high Intensity.
  2. Buy them from the Shop (prices vary from 300 to 1200 coins, I believe).
Some items can only be received from World of Light, and some can only be received from the Challenge Board; however, there is no overlap.
So pretty much everything from the drop system can be bought in the shop, and no duplicates(barring spirits)?

Wow that's nice.

D

Deleted member

I have no idea how the users tier list discussion went but Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen is top tier and that's non-discussable.
Only user with more like than her is Swamp Sensei but he gets hard countered by the Stoopid Unikorn since his teaching moves are ineffective against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom