• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean regardless don't you guys want to consider peoples feelings about the community? When you create lists like that people feel less involved and it creates problems.

Everyone has value somewhere.
EVERYONE. HAS. VALUE.

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

D

Deleted member

Here’s my tier list!
S+++:Everyone! You’re all kind, intellligent and amazing people who contribute in a positive way.
F:just kidding i hate all of you.

Subject to change as new counters are discovered of course.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay. Here's a game. Everyone starts at C-tier.

- Have you ever been tagged by someone to be brought into a conversation because they wanted you to be in it? ^ a tier
- Have you ever gotten infractions for trolling/harassing/being sucky? v a tier
- Were you on Team Box Theory? ^ a tier for being right
- Then v a tier because you're a buzzkill.​
- Have you ever told someone their character choice is bad/wrong/undeserving of being in Smash? v a tier
- Have you ever stuck up for someone being told their character choice is bad/wrong/undeserving? ^ a tier
- Are you a member of Smashboards reading this? You're S-tier.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
S(uper Friend) Tier: Everyone except for 5 people.
F(riend) Tier: Your Waifu.
D'aww you're too kind, Alastor!

My tier-list:
Smokin' Sick Style!!! - Smashboards
SShowtime!! - The Discord servers I'm part of
Sweet! - /v/'s DLC threads, usually
Alright! - ???
Blast! - ???
Crazy! - ???
Dope! - ???
NOPE! - Everyone else

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys, how about this: Jump Ultimate Stars, but not only is everyone from Ultimate Stars, Victory Vs., and Force in the roster, but also 3rd party, and others newcomers such as Guts, Alucard, Komi (The WTF Newcomer), Aang, Samurai Jack, All-Might, Beerus, characters from obscure series (Like Cat's Eye), Johnny Joestar, Shinji from Evangelion, Spike and more. All in the style of Smash Bros Ultimate.
I'm down for that though Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars is still my pipe dream.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Prediction:
February Nintendo Direct is coming to a close. The host says "We have one more thing to show you before we end the presentation. Please enjoy."

The screen fades to back.
Music slowly fades in.

"To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day
Hardly spoke to folks around him, didn't have too much to say [...]"

ARIZONA RANGER SHOOTS DOWN THE COMPETITION
*comes with a Texas Red echo fighter

Okay. Here's a game. Everyone starts at C-tier.

- Have you ever been tagged by someone to be brought into a conversation because they wanted you to be in it? ^ a tier
- Have you ever gotten infractions for trolling/harassing/being sucky? v a tier
- Were you on Team Box Theory? ^ a tier for being right
- Then v a tier because you're a buzzkill.​
- Have you ever told someone their character choice is bad/wrong/undeserving of being in Smash? v a tier
- Have you ever stuck up for someone being told their character choice is bad/wrong/undeserving? ^ a tier
- Are you a member of Smashboards reading this? You're S-tier.

Ignoring the last line, you can only really get to A tier... which I did.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Prediction:
February Nintendo Direct is coming to a close. The host says "We have one more thing to show you before we end the presentation. Please enjoy."

The screen fades to back.
Music slowly fades in.

"To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day
Hardly spoke to folks around him, didn't have too much to say [...]"

ARIZONA RANGER SHOOTS DOWN THE COMPETITION
*comes with a Texas Red echo fighter

WHERE TF IS BIG JIM I'VE WANTED HIM FOR YEARS I'M PISSED!!!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wasn't really planning on doing math to get a real result, but after doing it myself...

...**** I'm C-tier.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The worst I've done on this Board was make passive-aggressive comments here and there, but none of it is out of malice. Even the people that received the brunt of my "anger" is more akin to a slap on the wrist. I can't say I dislike anyone here.

Now gamefaqs on the other hand...
View attachment 183603
I was considering making an account on GameFAQs, but after 5 minutes going through posts, I completely abandoned that idea.

As for me, I think the most egregious thing I've done was express some heavy skepticism towards a lot of the DLC leaks/leakers (including some on this site).

I usually try to not take sides when leaks come up (I remained neutral on both the box theory and Grinch leak), but recently I've been trying to slow down people from jumping to conclusions on the DLC, since I don't think credibility for the base game necessarily translates to credibility for DLC.

I only try to argue things when I have some form of evidence beyond just text (hence my skepticism), but I try to a least here out someone's argument and base my objections on those points (if I see any).

And there is my Xeno/FE/Bravely Default bias, but I try not to let that out unless it comes up naturally.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Opossum Opossum singlehandedly made this thread not hate Chrom. Like, I thought his announcement would induce way more "UGH A MARTH CLONE" posts, but that dude chilled 'em all out pretty quick.
Lol I'm flattered but at the same time I kinda hope people wouldn't outright hate him if not for me. :p Chrom's just a pretty swell character in general, for those who want a throwback.

Also can I just say how great it is that Super Mario Bros. 3 got three whole remixes? It's my favorite 2D Mario game so I was thrilled.
Noipoi Noipoi

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If user tiers are real, do we get patch notes too?
View attachment 183607
Smash Boards Discussion Board Users v1.1.0 :

- Users changed: ToasterBrains, ClaTheBae, Opossum, Cutie Gwen, Noipoi, Staindgrey, Luigi The President
- Bug Fixes: Fixed an error in which everyone tagged one user cause they draw good

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"patch notes"

"alright guys so here's my new Minecraft skin and in Online Smash I...suck, yup, most people have psychic powers or something don't judge me. anyway here's my new Minecraft hole in the ground with a ladder that takes you to my 9x9 house with pathways to different rooms and a cave system."

D

Deleted member

Smash Boards Discussion Board Users v1.1.0 :

- Users changed: ToasterBrains, ClaTheBae, Opossum, Cutie Gwen, Noipoi, Staindgrey, Luigi The President
- Bug Fixes: Fixed an error in which everyone tagged one user cause they draw good
Changed in what way?
I was considering making an account on GameFAQs, but after 5 minutes going through posts, I completely abandoned that idea.

As for me, I think the most egregious thing I've done was express some heavy skepticism towards a lot of the DLC leaks/leakers (including some on this site).

I usually try to not take sides when leaks come up (I remained neutral on both the box theory and Grinch leak), but recently I've been trying to slow down people from jumping to conclusions on the DLC, since I don't think credibility for the base game necessarily translates to credibility for DLC.

I only try to argue things when I have some form of evidence beyond just text (hence my skepticism), but I try to a least here out someone's argument and base my objections on those points (if I see any).

And there is my Xeno/FE/Bravely Default bias, but I try not to let that out unless it comes up naturally.
GameFaqs is crazy, especially the Smash part of it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
If the game's been out for nearly 2 weeks and we haven't seen any of these then it's safe to say they're all gone
Sorry for having standards for anime smut
That would really suck because I used the Mii costumes in a league (notably Tails and Knuckles). Odd that Street Fighter gets two characters but Sonic series doesn't. I am still hoping (and confident) for a return in the Mii costumes. The Tails and Knuckles Miis felt like the characters if you could just ignore the faces lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom