• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Master Chief is an Xbox character. Your probably thinking of Colonal Radec or maybe Isaac Clarke (though you probably didn’t buy the dlc)

I’m trying to come up with a compromise. But if it was just Smash with a 3 level super meter it wouldn’t ever get used (see final smash meter).

I had one idea that your character could have a life bar. And when you knock it down the character gets dizzy and then you have to finish them supers. But then why would you need 3. It’s super frustrating.
Just add a lifebar and give option to choose both, it can't be that hard.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Not sure if anyone posted this already, it's too cool to pass.
Nothing better than Mega Man having the last announcement :)

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
With a very busy two weeks of finals, watching the house with the parents gone, and LOTS of Smash Ultimate upon me, I think this is a pretty good time to say bye to the boards for now.

Smash Ultimate has truly lived up to its name. As a lot of things in my life have given way, such as losing pets, possibly losing housing at college due to circumstances beyond my control, and my post-college living plans falling apart, Smash Ultimate will be there for me even more than Brawl was there for me growing up.

Speculation has been absolutely wild, and as much as we went at each other's throats towards the end (I'm still sorry for driving PolarPanda PolarPanda away for a bit over blog theory vs. [BOX THEORY]), and I made a bit of a fool of myself (I'll never forgive the French), I've had a great time getting to know you guys, and even just talking to you dudes and dudettes.

Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , @Tougon , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Luigi The President Luigi The President , and in particular, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and Noipoi Noipoi , and everyone else on the boards, it's been great, and once I've emerged from my Single-Player cocoon and metamorphosed into the world's #1 Ridley, you best believe I'll be headhunting each and every one of your Smash Tags. Catch you on the flipside, and may your DLC dreams come true.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
He’d still come with 2.
Yeah, CThe FF VII first cutscene theme and a random Inn theme (what you wanted one winged angel? battle on teh bridge? theme de chocobo?
HAH!you wish!)
As a Ganon/Shulk main, I'm conflicted:
Do I celebrate the huge range Ganon has or do I die because Shulk's "largest reach" gimmick has been robbed from him 3 times already?

Nah, it sucks. Killing only with supers makes all others pointless and makes matches boring.
And you literally only have to worry about getting hit if it's a super. Getting hit doesn't put you in disadvantage nor can it put you closer to dying.

Imagine if Smash always had FS Meter on and no matter what you did, no move could take out a stock, only the FS.
HAHA the Belmonts Triumph over the reach arms race! watch us having the most range on all smash until sephirot comes out and he comes with the most stupid sword we can imagine... well, such si the nature of "arms races"...

And i agree that PSBR needs to ditch the supers mechanic.. it really doesn't work ._.

D

Deleted member

I always feel like chopped liver whenever I'm not tagged in these "farewell" posts...
I always thought that many users here hated me, so i always think that these posts always try their best to not mention me, since they would only talk in a negative way.

If one of these ends up mentioning me and in a positive way, i will be surprised.

But if one mentions you, expect it to mention good stuff about you

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I always thought that many users here hated me, so i always think that these posts always try their best to not mention me, since they would only talk in a negative way.

If one of these ends up mentioning me and in a positive way, i will be surprised.

But if one mentions you, expect it to mention good stuff about you
Personally, I don't hate you but you can be a bit annoying because sometimes you repeat yourself too much.

Though, I guess I wasn't much better at your age.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
While we're at it, there was this one too (For you Splatoon fans).
Mega Man did however get the last announcement :)

Edit: Has anyone noticed that Squid Boy is falling to his doom XD

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh, I am FAR from temporary. In fact, I might be doing more for Smash than just posting here... :yoshi:
This just in, Smashboards poster Zinith Zinith announces plans on Project B, a Smash Ultimate Mod where every character is replaced with Boshi, except for Yoshi. When asked why, he had to say:
I just REALLY like Yoshi. Don't judge me.
More news at 11.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
In other news, aMSa won't be competing in Ultimate, but apparently he was involved with development...

osby

Smash Obsessed
This just in, Smashboards poster Zinith Zinith announces plans on Project B, a Smash Ultimate Mod where every character is replaced with Boshi, except for Yoshi. When asked why, he had to say:

More news at 11.
Still a better mod than Project M.

D

Deleted member

In other news, aMSa won't be competing in Ultimate, but apparently he was involved with development...

Sounds cool.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Not sure if anyone posted this already, it's too cool to pass.
Nothing better than Mega Man having the last announcement :)
I like how the original and the Smash version are drawn side-by-side, implying that the two of them are from different realities. I'm also glad that Capcom paid tribute to the Smash countdown. Has any other artist done the "One Day Remaining" theme besides Splatoon?

D

Deleted member

I like how the original and the Smash version are drawn side-by-side, implying that the two of them are from different realities. I'm also glad that Capcom paid tribute to the Smash countdown. Has any other artist done the "One Day Remaining" theme besides Splatoon?
The Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts artist, i think.

And SEGA too.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
He's the greatest Yoshi main to ever grace this planet, so I'm hopeful...
Well one of...Forgetting Wizzrobe from Smash 64? :)

aMSa is godlike

Beating Mew2King, Hbox, Plup, Axe, Wizzy, and many other top 10 players and actually placed 8th in the Melee Rankings worldwide for a character that was once considered low tier and has terrible flaws? That is very impressive.

He is basically the only 2 players at Top 10 Melee who main a Mid-Tier alongside Axe.

At the same time, aMSa and Axe are friends that frequently team up each other at double as the double Mid-Tiers and made very successful placements?

Proud of him

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I always feel like chopped liver whenever I'm not tagged in these "farewell" posts...
There are a lot of people I forgot to tag to voice my appreciation for. To list a few:
osby osby
Idon Idon
vaanrose vaanrose
ChronoBound ChronoBound
Shroob Shroob
Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones
Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Cyn Cyn (thanks for putting up with all of my mentions when I needed an admin)
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth (thanks for putting up with all of my mentions when I needed a mod)
A.G.L. A.G.L.
Hydrualic Hydra Hydrualic Hydra
Opossum Opossum
monadoboy monadoboy
Hinata Hinata (that name is really hard to @)
Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman
Opossum Opossum
@GoldenYuiitusin
@Shishœ
Chrono. Chrono.
Starbound Starbound
CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix
KMDP KMDP
And of course...
Zinith Zinith

Sorry for spamming all of your alerts with notifications lol.

D

Deleted member

There are a lot of people I forgot to tag to voice my appreciation for. To list a few:
osby osby
Idon Idon
vaanrose vaanrose
ChronoBound ChronoBound
Shroob Shroob
Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth (thanks for putting up with all of my mentions when I needed a mod)
A.G.L. A.G.L.
Opossum Opossum
monadoboy monadoboy
Opossum Opossum
@GoldenYuiitusin
@Shishœ
Chrono. Chrono.
Starbound Starbound
KMDP KMDP
And of course...
Zinith Zinith

still not mentioned wow
/s

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
osby osby
Idon Idon
vaanrose vaanrose
ChronoBound ChronoBound
Shroob Shroob
Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
A.G.L. A.G.L.
Opossum Opossum
monadoboy monadoboy
Opossum Opossum
@GoldenYuiitusin
@Shishœ
Chrono. Chrono.
Starbound Starbound
KMDP KMDP
And of course...
Zinith Zinith

still not mentioned wow
/s
>:(

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So today will be a wild day. For us Americans, we get to see what **** toils down at the VGA's and the other side of the world is already enjoying Smash Bros...

I'm hoping that my luck is going to change soon since I really REALLY want some good luck as of now...

Here's to news about F-Zero on the Switch or at least a good fighter coming up for DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom