• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ryu and Ken don't have counters though.

You're probably thinking of Focus Attack. A lot of people confuse it for a counter.
Well, if it's an attack that only hits once, it'll be blocked by the impenetrable super armor that they have while using that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This. The game was marred by people who weren’t willing to give it a chance in the first place.
I remember when I was an excited boy, getting it for free being able to play a game with Parappa and Jak and Daxter in it.

Then I played it and I just couldn't keep playing it

But I also don't think it's nearly as bad as people meme it to be

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
He does have one major flaw in his stubby range, but in a well balanced game even the best characters still have flaws that can be exploited.

He's certainly a top contender for one of the best characters at any rate.
Hell I wouldn't even say that. For his speed and size, he has some pretty good sized hitboxes. His up air has obviously always been good but the rest of his aerials have pretty good range as well, especially considering how easy he can get in

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Well, if it's an attack that only hits once, it'll be blocked by the impenetrable super armor that they have while using that.
Super Armor is an inherently different concept. The key about Super Armor is that it's meant to be used offensively and not purely defensively. It's an attack that cannot be easily interrupted and forces you to respect it or else you'll get caught out.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I hope you can change the WoL difficulty as you wish because I don't want to start it and only halfway through realize it's too easy/hard for me.
Its Smash, so it'll always be too hard for you. :troll:
How did we all get on the Sephiroth train? Did something happen?
I'm not on the Sephiroth train. I'm still on the three wheel dusty Black Mage wagon. We aren't going fast but we are going.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Ay so here's something cool that you guys might want to know.
Ganon is great. Like he has stupid dumb range on his forward smash. Literally, if you are JUST out of range of his F smash, you still probably wont be able to do a decent punish on it.
I did some testing, and if you are just out of range of Ganon's F smash as Shulk, Shulk cannot punish with his own F smash, thats how good Ganon's is.
You can literally only punish the move with Megaman's jab or a special.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
First thing I'm going to do tonight is Classic Mode with Link, just like I did in the original Super Smash Bros. back on the Nintendo 64.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Goemon never exactly had a face though. At least, certainly not in the West. Only 3 Mystical Ninja games came out to the West, with another one that was planned but didn't come out. And his last latest appearance was Super Bomberman R as a cameo fighter. Vic Viper, however, almost seems to have an appearance in alot of Konami's series, like Castlevania, Parodius, Contra, Zone of the Enders, Bomberman, Wai Wai World, Beatmania, Dance Dance Revolution, Yugioh, etc.

Interesting, although if it takes a long time to do the regular game, how many are willing to do the game again, but much more harder?
Your certainty is flawed. 2nd time, btw.
For starters, I wasn't talking west side, nor you when you jumped in. Konami Man is Wai Wai's protag (corrected).
Certainty flaw, 3rd time. When say "almost seems", then that's uncertain, it's what you think. Here's your answer though..
Konami does that with all their characters. They put cameos all over. The one that's almost constantly had a cameo in every game is Goemon.
Goemon was their "face" for a big chunk of their history. Until his last game before the pachinko's.

I hope this is informative for those who gave you likes on your first comment, as it wasn't true.

Edit: Also, not 3 games but 5. 1 on SNES, 2 on GB and 2 on N64. Not sure which you think was canceled.

Last edited:

KiwiHusky47

Banned via Warnings
You know what I just realized guys...

If we take all the characters in the base roster, including echo fighters (74) and we subtract the number of 3rd party characters, including echo fighters (10)...

We have exactly 64 Nintendo characters in the base roster.

Man... that's pretty nuts.
That's a nice pun to celebrate the 20 years (also when I was born!)

D

Deleted member

Hmm, only 15 pages since I went to sleep? On this day? You disappoint me thread :yoshi:
It's okay
WE'RE STILL ON THE HYPE TRAIN!!!
(to the tune of this)
I can't believe the fateful day is so near,
each of us is kicking into high gear,
I'm singing it loud so that all can hear!
Tomorrow's the day Everyone Is Here!
Our hype is reaching unforeseen heights,
honestly it is a beautiful sight,
and we know that at the stroke of midnight,
LIGHT WILL GUIDE US ON OUR WAY TO THE ULTIMATE FIIIIIGHT!
LIGHT WILL GUIDE US ON OUR WAY TO THE ULTIMATE FIIIIIGHT!

KMDP

Smash Legend
First thing I'm going to do tonight is Classic Mode with Link, just like I did in the original Super Smash Bros. back on the Nintendo 64.
I can't remember what I first did in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

If I had to guess, I probably did Classic or Adventure Mode with :mariomelee: or :pikachumelee:.

The only thing I really remember from my early time with Melee was unlocking :falcomelee: over and over because I didn't have a Memory Card.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I’m sure people like you did, and that’s fair. I’m talking more about those who trashed the game and dismissed it as a a smash clone without even giving it a a chance.
Excuse me. "People like me??"

What're you implying? Huh? HUH?!

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ryu and Ken don't have counters though.

You're probably thinking of Focus Attack. A lot of people confuse it for a counter.
the advantage of maining ryu is that no-one knows how ryu works, not even ryu mains

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy Sephiroth? After the barebones representation Final Fantasy got in base game. I don't believe that to be honest.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We finally found bowsers classic character

Its donkey Kong

That's why dk unlocked Pokemon trainer its when you do a play threw for the second time

And also pikachu gets villager first in classic mode

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So I heard a detailed lie from the youtube channel 'Blocked Content' that Banjo was going to be announced tonight with game remakes on top of being in smash. The ender-dragon is a boss, and there's a real render online for Banjo and Kazooie, the one with him having freckles.
Don't even give them attention lol.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
the advantage of maining ryu is that no-one knows how ryu works, not even ryu mains
Sounds like FANG mains in SFV.

I have yet to play a FANG player who looks like he has any idea what he's doing whatsoever.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Real talk, I would actually be hyped for that as long as they fix the gameplay. I never had any issues with the roster, just with how utterly repetitive and boring it was.
Keep the platform fighter but either copy the % from Smash or go with traditional lifebars. If they want to stick a new gameplay style, then sure as long as it works.
Oh man, I would LOVE a revamped PSASBR sequel! The game had some cool ideas... but I just think the devs didn't understand what made Smash great with the gameplay. It's like, if you're going to copy Smash, just do it all the way like Slap City did. Don't do a weird "half copy, half original" idea. I really wanted to like the game, and I did have some fun with it, but I hated the whole "Just beat each other up until someone uses their Ultimate and gets killed" idea.

Also though, some of the characters had weird movesets and it was difficult to figure out how their hitboxes worked sometimes.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So I guess it really is SSE 2 after all...
Seems even worse in this case since SSE had more gameplay variety than WoL does, and SSE was, like, 8 hours long. I'm hearing that WoL is like 20-40 hours long.

Which is just, completely unnecessary.

I might be okay with that if at least all the characters were unlocked by the end, but it seems like a ton of them still won't be even after you finish WoL.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Haven’t been in this thread for a bit. Has Spawn Wave teased a Smash DLC reveal tonight (Specifically Sora) at TGAs still? Or did he stop?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Real talk, I would actually be hyped for that as long as they fix the gameplay. I never had any issues with the roster, just with how utterly repetitive and boring it was.
Keep the platform fighter but either copy the % from Smash or go with traditional lifebars. If they want to stick a new gameplay style, then sure as long as it works.
I actually think the system they have does work. It just needs more refining. More time in the pot to fully refine. I do not want to see it just become an exact copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom