• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is that even true though

Pichu looks pretty damn good (as does most everyone) in this game imo, Plant is no exception, just no time to see anything with him yet
Pichu? GOOD?
I'm gonna have to see some proof, buster.

D

Deleted member

I will stan All-Stars till I die.

The only reason people decried it was because it was a mascot platformer. It was so astoundingly obtuse how people tarred and feathered it because it dared to enter the same genre as Smash. "It's just a rip-off" they said. Then Superbot went out of their way to make an entirely different system but people still gave them flak, because it didn't rip off Smash enough.

So yeah.
This. The game was marred by people who weren’t willing to give it a chance in the first place.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Last time I checked, Konami didn't have a mascot and even if they did, I'm more than certain it's not Goemon, not matter how much I like the games. The Mascot would likely be either Konami Man or Vic Viper.
Currently I don't know who their mascot is, definitely not Vic Viper though.
Konami man is Wai Wai's protag. Goemon is the actual face of the company. You know how you find Rockman seal on Capcom's products (even ones not related to Rockman). Goemon was in that same catagory. So yeah, it is Goemon.. up until something 20XX

Edit: corrected.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I will stan All-Stars till I die.

The only reason people decried it was because it was a mascot platformer. It was so astoundingly obtuse how people tarred and feathered it because it dared to enter the same genre as Smash. "It's just a rip-off" they said. Then Superbot went out of their way to make an entirely different system but people still gave them flak, because it didn't rip off Smash enough.

So yeah.
I mean, as somebody who has actually played PSA, it’s just not a very fun game, IMO.

It’s pretty clunky, and some characters just have broken, unavoidable supers, and it’s just not fun to fight them because there’s nothing you can do.

D

Deleted member

Most top level players are seeing him being the best in the early meta.
If he has any flaws, we haven't found them yet. Good speed, good combo potential, pretty much no end lag, fast moves that send at good angles, short size and good crouch so he can avoid moves easier, etc.
oh my god
this is actually great

KMDP

Smash Legend
If he has any flaws, we haven't found them yet. Good speed, good combo potential, pretty much no end lag, fast moves that send at good angles, short size and good crouch so he can avoid moves easier, etc.
The second coming of :pikachu64:.

Makes sense, what with all the 64 Stages being in the game. :laugh:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
ESAM is crying tears of joy right now.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I mean, as somebody who has actually played PSA, it’s just not a very fun game, IMO.

It’s pretty clunky, and some characters just have broken, unavoidable supers, and it’s just not fun to fight them because there’s nothing you can do.
The only busted character was Kat and the only real nonsense setup was Ratchet's vacuum LV1 (which if he didn't have he'd be utter garbage). Everything else was either a result of getting caught in a kill setup or just plain not paying attention. That's no different than complaining you got cast as an extra in Vergil's 200 hit movie.

What makes Sephiroth likely now?
The leaked SE rep list and various insiders' input on how often those names were heard. Sephiroth was next to Dragon Quest in terms of "it's likely."

Ivander

Smash Legend
Currently I don't know who their mascot is, definitely not Vic Viper though.
Sure Konami man was cretaed for that purpose but Goemon was the actual face of the company even during his period. You know how you find Rockman seal on Capcom's products (even ones not related to Rockman). Goemon was in that same catagory. So yeah, it is Goemon.. up until something 20XX
Goemon never exactly had a face though. At least, certainly not in the West. Only 3 Mystical Ninja games came out to the West, with another one that was planned but didn't come out. And his last latest appearance was Super Bomberman R as a cameo fighter. Vic Viper, however, almost seems to have an appearance in alot of Konami's series, like Castlevania, Parodius, Contra, Zone of the Enders, Bomberman, Wai Wai World, Beatmania, Dance Dance Revolution, Yugioh, etc.
oh snap there's a World of Light Hard Mode
hell yeah
Interesting, although if it takes a long time to do the regular game, how many are willing to do the game again, but much more harder?

D

Deleted member

I think that, since we're all pretty much saying goodbye to Smash 4 soon, I should post this song here:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Interesting, although if it takes a long time to do the regular game, how many are willing to do the game again, but much more harder?
I'll probably do hard mode from the start
It was patched in so I don't think it's NG+ or anything

I will probably only play WoL once every year or so maybe so

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He does have one major flaw in his stubby range, but in a well balanced game even the best characters still have flaws that can be exploited.

He's certainly a top contender for one of the best characters at any rate.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You know what I just realized guys...

If we take all the characters in the base roster, including echo fighters (74) and we subtract the number of 3rd party characters, including echo fighters (10)...

We have exactly 64 Nintendo characters in the base roster.

Man... that's pretty nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom