• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
There are a lot of people I forgot to tag to voice my appreciation for. To list a few:
osby osby
Idon Idon
@vaanrose
@ChronoBound
@Shroob
@Scoliosis Jones
@Thirdkoopa
@Cyndane (thanks for putting up with all of my mentions when I needed an admin)
@Legendary Spirit Tamer (thanks for putting up with all of my mentions when I needed a mod)
@A.G.L.
@Hydrualic Hydra
@Opossum
monadoboy monadoboy
@「Hinata」 (that name is really hard to @)
@Indecisive Fisher
@Opossum
@GoldenYuiitusin
@Shishœ
@Chrono.
@Starbound
@CyberHyperPhoenix
KMDP KMDP
And of course...
Zinith Zinith

Sorry for spamming all of your alerts with notifications lol.
Doesn't get mentioned on the extended thanks list.
*Insert sad face here*

osby

Smash Obsessed
You guys are treating this like a big deal and I'm definitely not saying this because I made it into the list.

KMDP

Smash Legend
There are a lot of people I forgot to tag to voice my appreciation for. To list a few:
osby osby
Idon Idon
@vaanrose
@ChronoBound
@Shroob
@Scoliosis Jones
@Thirdkoopa
@Legendary Spirit Tamer (thanks for putting up with all of my mentions when I needed a mod)
@A.G.L.
@Hydrualic Hydra
@Opossum
monadoboy monadoboy
@Indecisive Fisher
@Opossum
@GoldenYuiitusin
@Shishœ
@Chrono.
@Starbound
@CyberHyperPhoenix
KMDP KMDP
And of course...
Zinith Zinith

Yay! I'm appreciated!

D

Deleted member

God. I can't believe Ultimate is coming out in a couple hours and has 74 characters. The dream is real

MainJPW

M.T.A

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So with ultimate coming out, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all who have been around to keep me busy and active here!

However, I decided that I am retiring from this place as I feel my time here is up. With me being busy in the next couple of years, I figured it was enough and I'd like to say thank you all for everything!

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby
Idon Idon
@vaanrose
@ChronoBound
@Shroob
@Scoliosis Jones
@Thirdkoopa
@A.G.L.
@Hydrualic Hydra
@Opossum
monadoboy monadoboy
@Indecisive Fisher
@Opossum
@GoldenYuiitusin
@Shishœ
@Chrono.
@Starbound
@CyberHyperPhoenix
KMDP KMDP
And of course...
Zinith Zinith

I really appreciate it. I'm surprised I had an impact on the people here.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I like how the original and the Smash version are drawn side-by-side, implying that the two of them are from different realities. I'm also glad that Capcom paid tribute to the Smash countdown. Has any other artist done the "One Day Remaining" theme besides Splatoon?
Oh you got what I thought exactly, pretty neat indeed :)
This is the second Capcom tribute btw (or was there a 3rd, forgot). Different artists have done their tributes from each company, but if you're asking about "1 day remaining" specifically, then unfortunately no. Arts or tributes were bound by two entries for each day.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Have you guys seen this Smash poster art? It's amazing. And everyone's layered by colour.

This made me realize just how many blue characters we have.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Have you guys seen this Smash poster art? It's amazing. And everyone's layered by colour.

Yup.
If you go to his deviantart, everyone has their own wallpaper that focuses on them specifically.

D

Deleted member

So with ultimate coming out, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all who have been around to keep me busy and active here!

However, I decided that I am retiring from this place as I feel my time here is up. With me being busy in the next couple of years, I figured it was enough and I'd like to say thank you all for everything!
See ya! You seemed like cool dudes if that means anything to you lol

D

Deleted member

You always have the off-topic threads if you want to see us again for a bit.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd know what the avatar would be...

It should be this.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This. The game was marred by people who weren’t willing to give it a chance in the first place.
I gave it a huge chance. Convinced friends to play it with me over several months. It was just not very good. It had potential, but the weird "ult to kill system" and a lot of the characters jabs and normals just felt weird, and some of them (like Nathan Drake) didn't have their personality come through their movesets like Smash does with its characters.

I do agree that a large portion of the fanbase wrote it off, but even for those of us who were totally willing to play Playstation Smash Bros, it just wasn't that fun. Also, they didn't have some of the biggest Sony characters. That would've made a big difference imo.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Oh yeah. I remember this art back while it was still incomplete.

Nice to see the end result turning out quite incredible.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Oh man, FDG just posted this..

Edit: They're teasing for sure but I don't know. For a company to do that.. it seems they know something :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom