• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I am going to call it now: A Tetromino (either a single block or an amalgam of the 7 acting together in some form) will be one of the DLC fighters.

There's quite a bit of evidence for it that has led me to this conclusion. I have taken the liberty of compiling all of my evidence below, and highlighted the key points.
  1. Tetris is already in Smash Ultimate, in the form of music. The Tetris Company holds a sound trademark on the version of Korobeiniki known as "Type A" for use in videogames, meaning that they have already been consulted by Nintendo for Smash.
  2. However, despite this, there are no Tetromino spirits. If we go by the current theory that Spirits deconfirm fighters, and that absence from the list is a benefit to the character's chances of being in Smash, then the lack of any of the Tetris blocks as Spirits is extremely telling.
  3. Especially considering they are a new third-party character, whose owners would likely want to profit as much as they can off of Tetris's inclusion.
  4. Though this may be merely coincidental, the Japanese release of Tetris for the Game Boy turns 30 on June 14, 2019, right in the middle of the projected Fighter's Pass Releases.
  5. Everyone knows what Tetris is - half the marketing work to sell that DLC is done for Nintendo already. Sakurai has also been known to be very much interested in "icon value" when choosing picks in the past. Famously, he has stated that this is why Lloyd would be the only Tales of character he would ever consider for Smash.
  6. We also do not have a Tetris stage, something that has been missing from Smash Bros. for years. Every fighter in the Fighter's Pass is coming with a stage and music. (And maybe more
  7. It could also be announced to coincide with a port of the recently released game The Tetris Effect (which is currently a PS4 exclusive, though it was not developed by Sony) to the Nintendo Switch.
  8. Tetromino would have to have a completely unique and original moveset, meaning that it would be guaranteed to bring something new to the roster - something that has been a general theme among Ultimate's newcomers so far (with the exception of Isabelle and the Echo Fighters).

I doubt it'll be the one announced at the Game Awards tonight (if there is one) though. Instead, going with point 7, they'll end up being saved for the end of a Nintendo Direct sometime early next spring.
I'm down with this, but I would hope we'd get Arle Nadja as well. Or maybe instead of a Tetrimino, Tee from Puyo Puyo Tetris?

This sounds like great fun though. Give me that blocky boy.

D

Deleted member

Okay I gotta know: what show is that dragon from?
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
It's an isekai but it's just so wholesome and pure fun. Definitely recommend it as it has a nice balance of humour, action and charm.
The dragon's name is Veldora btw, he's, like, super tsundere.

D

Deleted member

I will try to react at the Game Awards on the Nintenzone Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Damn you guys, now I feel the need to make an appreciation post.

But honestly, I'm too lazy to do so. It'll be bard to tag everyone on this whole site ;)

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Ok, I was super hesitant to start posting and stuff here but y'all super nice
I'm glad I did.
Don't know if I'm going to be back at the site after the game is released, unless something big happens with the DLC

It was short, but it was a fun ride, despite the...difference people had with Grinch Leak, etc.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Since I see everyone has made a list of everyone that impacted them for the big good bye. Here is mine. I will be making my leave for a week or two after smash arrives because I will either be playing smash or preparing for my finals for my master´s degree. Still, I will be here for the rest of the day. I will most likely be back after that.
We got amazing detailed posters like: @vaanrose, Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , @Cosmic77 and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon .
Then we have really passionate posters like Luigi The President Luigi The President , Zinith Zinith , @Sniper_Fox, @Graizen, @LetterO and NineS NineS .
It was also cool to have people like @kirbsmash, @Dyllybirdy, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , @Onereasonanddone, osby osby , @KarneraMythos, @Wurmple for smash, @JDCabrera, Kuon Kuon , @Alastor017, @faygoshill, KMDP KMDP , @Chumpodile, @Nekoo, @CaptainAmerica, Idon Idon , @T3Z3R1, @Shishœ, @Legendary Spirit Tamer, staindgrey staindgrey , @Indecisive Fisher, @ClaTheBae, @Jovahexeon Joranvexeon, @Untouch, IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 , @Robertman2, Pyra Pyra , monadoboy monadoboy , @NonSpecificGuy, @TheCJBrine, @Shroob, @Blargg888, Opossum Opossum , @Iridium, @TyrantLizardKing, @Cutie Gwen, @SvartWolf and PsySmasher PsySmasher around for the smash speculation. Thanks for the good memories.
Noipoi Noipoi gets a special mention on his own for his art. I love it.
I had my disagreements with @JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL @Bionichute or GoeGoe GoeGoe but having differing opinions in life is important so thanks for the diferent POWs and never change.
I would like to ask for forgiveness in case I forgot anyone important though.
Thanks! Good luck with Finals!!!

Thank god I'm old enough where I don't have to deal with **** like that...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So idk how often i’ll be posting, but I would really like to have some sort of role in the community. This is my favorite series of all time, filled with all sorts of series I love, and it’s the first game in years that has gotten me this excited.

Thank you to those of you who thanked me. Sometimes I thought I was just blabbing onto a screen, but I am glad that what I typed here made a difference in some way.

The next thing I would like to say is, even if you don’t post super often, or even if you don’t think you’ll have time, hanging around the community is something i’d very much encourage some of you to do. It’s a game everybody here loves immensely, and with the amount of passion people show, great things can happen.

Even if it’s once a week on a Thursday night, or maybe just because you’re bored, feel free to come post. Once you’re in the Smash community, there’s no telling how you’ll get reeled back in.

Plus, we don’t even know about all the DLC yet. There’s so much to discuss!

D

Deleted member

Aww, we’re all making our appreciation/goodbye posts! How melancholic.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Im going to be here whenever I feel like as long as I feel there is enough people to keep things interesting. Maybe I won't disappear for a few years like last time lol

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
For you Goemon and Scribblenauts fans.. well Castlevania and Metal Gear too :)

Did you know?
In the Japanese Super Scribblenauts DS game, Goemon and Ebisumaru were unlockable.. so is Old Snake, Solid Snake, Big Boss and Alucard.

Why this now you ask? Well, a new Scribblenauts game might be on the way :)

D

Deleted member

Aww, we’re all making our appreciation/goodbye posts! How melancholic.
A game we've been anticipating since the switch was announced, and have been actively waiting with bated breath for, is releasing tomorrow. Nobody will leave forever, but time and attention will be diverted primarily over to what we've been pining for since the tease back in March. Its to be expected lol.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, it's been all this time...

And we still don't know who tf made the Grinch leak.

Eric Bricard? Mariotehplumber? We might never know who made the greatest hoax i. Smash Bros. history

D

Deleted member

A game we've been anticipating since the switch was announced, and have been actively waiting with bated breath for, is releasing tomorrow. Nobody will leave forever, but time and attention will be diverted primarily over to what we've been pining for since the tease back in March. Its to be expected lol.
Oh I know lol, it’s just neat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For you Goemon and Scribblenauts fans.. well Castlevania and Metal Gear too :)

Did you know?
In the Japanese Super Scribblenauts DS game, Goemon and Ebisumaru were unlockable.. so is Old Snake, Solid Snake, Big Boss and Alucard.

Why this now you ask? Well, a new Scribblenauts game might be on the way :)
Those are only there because Konami publishes the Scribblenauts games in Japan though, right?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm down with this, but I would hope we'd get Arle Nadja as well. Or maybe instead of a Tetrimino, Tee from Puyo Puyo Tetris?

This sounds like great fun though. Give me that blocky boy.
I’d definitely go with Tee if the series HAD to have a character. But honestly I’d rather they just add a Tetris stage. Maybe a la carte like Pirate Ship
Y'know, it's been all this time...

And we still don't know who tf made the Grinch leak.

Eric Bricard? Mariotehplumber? We might never know who made the greatest hoax i. Smash Bros. history
More like the not very convincing hoax that everyone believed because they wanted too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, this ride has been something else. I didn't know what I would expect coming here to Smashboards, but you know, it was fun! I met a lot of cool people.
osby osby , @Mr. Wario, Idon Idon , Noipoi Noipoi , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , staindgrey staindgrey , MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees , RyuhoFox RyuhoFox , NineS NineS , Luigi The President Luigi The President , Kuon Kuon .
There are also some pretty cool people like Zinith Zinith , Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , Pyra Pyra , and KMDP KMDP
This place has had it moments, but overall it's been a fun ride. I may still pop in here every now and then, and I for sure will stay in contact with the people I mentioned.

Cheers to you all, friends! Let us enjoy Smash Ultimate!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Guess I should say something huh?
I’ve only been heard for a month, but a lot of you are pretty cool lads.
Can’t think of anything else to say really.

D

Deleted member

Really!? That's a first to me. Cool :D
Do the games have Konami cameos? They love to do that.. and I love it too XD
I don't remember Konami cameos.
But the commercials that the company did were interesting to say the least.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, what's the first thing you're gonna do tomorrow?

I've said this before, but i'm gonna do an 8-player Smash with the starting roster on Kongo Jungle specifically so Gangplank Galleon can play.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking of Pit, I've always wondered what that weapon that he has in his hand when he does his side special is, that blue thing that looks like a metal...thing. A fist, maybe?
His side special is the Upperdash Arm, a weapon from Kid Icarus Uprising that’s also apart of...the Arms category.

As for the fist thing, he has a claw weapon that are literally two extra fists called the Brawler Claws

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace

I've said this before, but i'm gonna do an 8-player Smash with the starting roster on Kongo Jungle specifically so Gangplank Galleon can play.
Nothing... Because i don't have a switch yet. :(

D

Deleted member

Buy the game, play a bit before going to study economy and then go back to playing the game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I see... yeah, I get it... I understand... it's fine, really...

Okay, okay, wait, hold up. You blurt out, in the middle of the Ultimate General thread, most likely the most active thread on the whole boards, which timezone, you live in, and, by extension, which coast of the US you're living nearest to, and yet, in PMs, you were really hesitant to tell me even that?

...You know, I don't think I like this website too much, anymore. :p
I uh, I was...not thinking about that, or in general to be honest. I’m sorry dude.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys saying you'll leave are a bunch of liars. Once you're in, you can't leave. And if you try to, DLC announcements will drag you back here.

I'll say I'm gonna be disappointed when these boards start to become empty. I was really happy to see so many of you come back for this hype cycle and even some new faces too.
Back when Smash 4 released, people still stuck around until DLC was finished, but then as time went, more and more people left. The Leaks group managed to stick together after we colonialized the NintenZone but some still left and I don't think I remember them even coming back. Maybe they just changed usernames and I didn't recognize them but oh well.
I'm not really good at this sorta stuff as I'm really bad at remembering people off the top of my head but let it be known I enjoyed the presence of(most of*) you guys.

*If you're not some bigoted asshole that ended up on my ignore list, you're not excluded, so don't worry.

yvngfoxtrot

Smash Cadet
NNID
CharlesFoxtrot
Switch FC
SW 2846-8790-7007
Hi yes my time here has been brief but I appreciate the helping of hype for smash ultimate and

also denying any chance of zoe trent being in smash thank you all

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I don't remember Konami cameos.
But the commercials that the company did were interesting to say the least.
Hmm, on a quick search I couldn't find a thing.
Btw, Konami's way of including cameos is not exclusive to character appearances. It could be an item, icon, music piece.. etc. You either know it, or have to look for it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom