• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Oh boy it's the day before Smashmas and that means Gamexplain is posting every little detail about entrances, winposes, guidances, etc. I generally don't care about spoilers for the most part but for some reason it always ticks me off a bit when gamexplain gets a game and has all its secrets up the very day of release or before it. I don't have an issue with that stuff being posted but at least give others who have to get the game normally some time to find it on their own.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, on a quick search I couldn't find a thing.
Btw, Konami's way of including cameos is exclusive to character appearances. It could be an item, icon, music piece.. etc. You either know it, or have to look for it :)
Here is one of the Konami commercials.

Iridium

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

They really got 9B, aMSa, Earth and Ranai in the end credits...

This is the kind of stuff I look for, honestly.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Everyone tag people, make long emotional message. But I'll make it simple.

You,Yes you, who's reading this message. I love you. And I hope I could make you smile a bit with my ****post and speculation.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Even if it’s once a week on a Thursday night, or maybe just because you’re bored, feel free to come post. Once you’re in the Smash community, there’s no telling how you’ll get reeled back in.
That's the thing about the Smash community, like

I'll likely still be around lol.

Also, I made that apology in my og post for a reason lol. There's no way I can list out all of my friends here and get to everyone. My apologies specifically to Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and Robertman2 Robertman2 for forgetting ya'.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Everyone tag people, make long emotional message. But I'll make it simple.

You,Yes you, who's reading this message. I love you. And I hope I could make you smile a bit with my ****post and speculation.
So, is there anything I missed today? Just got home a while ago.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, is there anything I missed today? Just got home a while ago.
People who will leave the general after the game is out, or just will part away since the game is almost there. But as for me, I believe I'll stay here. After all, we all promised to make a dumb online tournament for once right?

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Since I see everyone has made a list of everyone that impacted them for the big good bye. Here is mine. I will be making my leave for a week or two after smash arrives because I will either be playing smash or preparing for my finals for my master´s degree. Still, I will be here for the rest of the day. I will most likely be back after that.
We got amazing detailed posters like: @vaanrose, @Scoliosis Jones, @Cosmic77 and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon .
Then we have really passionate posters like @Luigi The President, Zinith Zinith , StellerRJay StellerRJay , @Graizen, @LetterO and @NineS.
It was also cool to have people like @kirbsmash, Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , @Smashing Ramen, @Onereasonanddone, @osby, @KarneraMythos, @Wurmple for smash, @JDCabrera, @Kuon, @Alastor017, @faygoshill, KMDP KMDP , @Chumpodile, Nekoo Nekoo , @CaptainAmerica, @Idon, @T3Z3R1, @Shishœ, @Legendary Spirit Tamer, @staindgrey, @Indecisive Fisher, @ClaTheBae, @Jovahexeon Joranvexeon, @Untouch, IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 , Robertman2 Robertman2 , @ToasterBrains, @monadoboy, @NonSpecificGuy, @TheCJBrine, @Shroob, @Blargg888, @Opossum, Iridium Iridium , @TyrantLizardKing, @Cutie Gwen, SvartWolf SvartWolf and @PsySmasher around for the smash speculation. Thanks for the good memories.
Noipoi Noipoi gets a special mention on his own for his art. I love it.
I had my disagreements with @JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL Bionichute Bionichute or GoeGoe GoeGoe but having differing opinions in life is important so thanks for the diferent POWs and never change.
I would like to ask for forgiveness in case I forgot anyone important though.
A passionate poster? Me? Well aren't you a real pal! Thanks plenty for the mention. It feels nice being appreciate for just being my silly self~

Of course I very much appreciate you and everyone else around here as well. I did always like how you tend to enjoy discussing things while always keeping things on a very positive note. It's very much to be admired!

The time for Smash is near! So of course I'll be playing plenty just like I assume everyone else here will be doing. Of course I'll still be lurking around this place like I usually do, haha.

Once again, thanks for being amazingly awesome my friend! And the same goes for every last one of you Smash Boardians. <3

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Since I see everyone has made a list of everyone that impacted them for the big good bye. Here is mine. I will be making my leave for a week or two after smash arrives because I will either be playing smash or preparing for my finals for my master´s degree. Still, I will be here for the rest of the day. I will most likely be back after that.
We got amazing detailed posters like: @vaanrose, @Scoliosis Jones, @Cosmic77 and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon .
Then we have really passionate posters like @Luigi The President, Zinith Zinith , StellerRJay StellerRJay , @Graizen, @LetterO and @NineS.
It was also cool to have people like @kirbsmash, Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , @Smashing Ramen, @Onereasonanddone, @osby, @KarneraMythos, @Wurmple for smash, @JDCabrera, @Kuon, @Alastor017, @faygoshill, KMDP KMDP , @Chumpodile, Nekoo Nekoo , @CaptainAmerica, @Idon, @T3Z3R1, @Shishœ, @Legendary Spirit Tamer, @staindgrey, @Indecisive Fisher, @ClaTheBae, @Jovahexeon Joranvexeon, @Untouch, IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 , Robertman2 Robertman2 , @ToasterBrains, @monadoboy, @NonSpecificGuy, @TheCJBrine, @Shroob, @Blargg888, @Opossum, Iridium Iridium , @TyrantLizardKing, @Cutie Gwen, SvartWolf SvartWolf and @PsySmasher around for the smash speculation. Thanks for the good memories.
Noipoi Noipoi gets a special mention on his own for his art. I love it.
I had my disagreements with @JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL Bionichute Bionichute or GoeGoe GoeGoe but having differing opinions in life is important so thanks for the diferent POWs and never change.
I would like to ask for forgiveness in case I forgot anyone important though.
Thanks! :)

It's gonna be sad to see you go, though...

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
It's quite amazing to me that I don't know any of you, yet these farewell posts still make me feel sentimental and a bit sad. Nonetheless, there are too many people I could tag to thank for a cool speculation cycle. I'm guilty of being a chronic lurker; I've been here since the game was announced, after all. This has been my first attempt at being a part of a pre-release cycle for Smash, and my first participation in any fandom, to be honest. And it was quite fun (Anyone remember the arguments about this game being a port, or who the shadows were in the teaser? lol, a lot's changed).

All that said, I'm not leaving! I'll always be lurking, and maybe even posting, every now and then. I hope to see you all around post-release, and maybe even play you guys online. This has been a fun pre-release period, so here's to a fun game we can all enjoy! :kirby:

D

Deleted member

Gonna boot up Smash Wii U one last time this evening while I wait for Ultimate.

Honestly, I don't know how Smash Wii U will be remembered down the road after Ultimate. I kinda feel like the lack of any real "hook" in the game might lead to it being kind of forgotten, unfortunately.

Smash 64 was the first one and has nostalgia.
Melee has the competitive scene.
Brawl has SSE.
3DS has Smash Run.

Wii U has...kinda nothing, TBH. A lot of its single player modes are just kind of barebones and forgettable (Classic being ruined IMO didn't help at all), and no one really liked Smash Tour. For me personally, it will probably be the one I revisit the least, if ever. Kinda makes me sad now that I'm thinking about it.

D

Deleted member

On a side note, I hope at least of of you found at least one of my posts slightly amusing. Considering 90% of my posts are jokes and ****posts, it would be a bit of a disaster if nobody found them funny.

D

Deleted member

On a side note, I hope at least of of you found at least one of my posts slightly amusing. Considering 90% of my posts are jokes and ****posts, it would be a bit of a disaster if nobody found them funny.
I sure will miss you...
If you leave, of course.

We still have the Nintenzone thread, right?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Oh boy it's the day before Smashmas and that means Gamexplain is posting every little detail about entrances, winposes, guidances, etc. I generally don't care about spoilers for the most part but for some reason it always ticks me off a bit when gamexplain gets a game and has all its secrets up the very day of release or before it. I don't have an issue with that stuff being posted but at least give others who have to get the game normally some time to find it on their own.
Yes, it's annoying but it's their job. They have to put that stuff up for coverage. If you go looking for it, that your own fault, not theirs. Just mute their notifications for a while until you get everybody. When Smash 4 released, just mute their videos for a while, even thought Smash 4 wasn't as big content wise as Ultimate the same can apply. Just mute them if you have to, that's what I'm going to do.

D

Deleted member

I sure will miss you...
If you leave, of course.

We still have the Nintenzone thread, right?
I can’t post there. It’s, what, 3000 pages long? How am I supposed to get any of the in-jokes? My very first post there would turn out to be a complete embarrassment. I’d be laughed away, shamed from ever showing my face again.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I can’t post there. It’s, what, 3000 pages long? How am I supposed to get any of the in-jokes? My very first post there would turn out to be a complete embarrassment. I’d be laughed away, shamed from ever showing my face again.
Don't worry. It only took me like a few weeks for everyone to tolera-- I mean, welcome my presence there... :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom