• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to the Nintendozone social thread you cowards!

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Guys guys, check this out!

I dunno if anyone posted this before, but Nintendo finally released the never released (real obvious) AR card for KIU to get us f-ing hyped for Ultimate!!
I know its a little too late, but damn this one looks good that I feel the need to share it!

Real nice for Ninty to do something with my cinnamon boy! :D It just puts a smile on my face!!

DtnW6RYV4AAU9sj.jpg

The peace meaning we use to have two days left, now we only have one.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
i definitely did
For you and everyone else that are worried about being ignored. I dont think any of you are even close to what I would call nasty. There are 4 people I didnt mention. Two of the were the ephitome of toxicity. One is banned and the other left afetr having a huge meltdown. There are also two users that kinda creep me out and they are also excluded for that (bestiality and inflation fetish).

I also noticed that I forgot papagenos papagenos on my list. Sorry, you really should be on the list.

It's quite amazing to me that I don't know any of you, yet these farewell posts still make me feel sentimental and a bit sad. Nonetheless, there are too many people I could tag to thank for a cool speculation cycle. I'm guilty of being a chronic lurker; I've been here since the game was announced, after all. This has been my first attempt at being a part of a pre-release cycle for Smash, and my first participation in any fandom, to be honest. And it was quite fun (Anyone remember the arguments about this game being a port, or who the shadows were in the teaser? lol, a lot's changed).

All that said, I'm not leaving! I'll always be lurking, and maybe even posting, every now and then. I hope to see you all around post-release, and maybe even play you guys online. This has been a fun pre-release period, so here's to a fun game we can all enjoy! :kirby:
I was also here from the start of this speculation cycle but as a guest. Glad to meet someone who was in the same circumstances. I joined for the last bit of the race. I have been an active poster for like a month.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
For you and everyone else that are worried about being ignored. I dont think any of you are even close to what I would call nasty. There are 4 people I didnt mention. Two of the were the ephitome of toxicity. One is banned and the other left afetr having a huge meltdown. There are also two users that kinda creep me out and they are also excluded for that (bestiality and inflation fetish).

I also noticed that I forgot papagenos papagenos on my list. Sorry, you really should be on the list.

I was also here from the start of this speculation cycle but as a guest. Glad to meet someone who was in the same circumstances. I joined for the last bit of the race. I have been an active poster for like a month.
Uh....

I'm not sure if I want to know what conversations you get into... :yoshi:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wonder if I ended on someon's ignore list? :3

would be hilarious
I'm positive I am.

Even though the one guy who actually said "Ignored" during the whole earthquake fiasco replied to like three of my posts after that, so I'm pretty sure he was fibbing.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Y'know, it's been all this time...

And we still don't know who tf made the Grinch leak.

Eric Bricard? Mariotehplumber? We might never know who made the greatest hoax i. Smash Bros. history
Mariotehplumber has repeatedly claimed he made it but has never truly posted evidence tmk, and he’s a complete troll so I don’t believe a word he says. There was a more casual 4chan post not long after the direct aired that sounded more truthful, but again lacked evidence.

I just want a high-quality version of that banner for pleasure (and to keep stanning Shadow).
On a side note, I hope at least of of you found at least one of my posts slightly amusing. Considering 90% of my posts are jokes and ****posts, it would be a bit of a disaster if nobody found them funny.
Your Sigma avatar is just so fitting for you. Don’t ever change it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Alright, what's the first thing you're gonna do tomorrow?

I've said this before, but i'm gonna do an 8-player Smash with the starting roster on Kongo Jungle specifically so Gangplank Galleon can play.
My roommates and I will probably have aatch on the shared Switch, but on my personal? I'm heading straight for World of Light.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Got my copy of Smash.

Life feels more complete now.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
With all these goodbyes and whatnot, I need to say:

My only hope is that my enthusiasm for Ultimate doesn't crash and burn like it did for Smash 4. Looking back, there was a lot about Smash 4 that I didn't especially love, and the delay between the 3DS version and the Wii U version-- plus my lack of friends with Wii Us and my distance from my old Smash communities in Ohio-- kinda killed the game for me. It's why I wasn't on this site for like three years.

If Ultimate really is the ultimate experience we're all hoping it will be, I'll be around Nintenzone and my characters' forums pretty regularly. Especially :ultdaisy: while I'm trying to figure her the **** out. I miss coming to AiB every day during the Brawl days. Good times.

Miss ya, buddy.​

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i think i know who those people are

also thanks for saying i'm not nasty, i am just very opinionated and very stubborn, which can be a blessing and a curse

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Wait, we’re doing the goodbye posts already?

To those I won’t see again, goodbye.

To those I’ll see in whatever social thread I nest in on this forum, see you round.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been around long either but I've had a blast.

Thanks everybody!
I'm not going anywhere I like the community here.
Hopefully we can play some freaking smash together hell yea

D

Deleted member

i think i know who those people are

also thanks for saying i'm not nasty, i am just very opinionated and very stubborn, which can be a blessing and a curse
Y’know, I’ve had my disagreements with ya, but I like how you always have an interesting and different opinion. Can make discussion a bit more interesting.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Man... I just realized that there are more threads in the Ultimate section besides "General Discussion" and "Character Discussion" .

Holy **** it's almost time.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Oh, no not at all XD I'm however just a Mega Man fan.. though I am a Land of Lustrous fan too ;)
I was referring to myself actually~
[Narcissism Intensifies]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:Sparkle - Sparkle:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:Sparkle - Sparkle:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Groose.jpg
Zeke_Bishie.jpg

Obvious joking aside, you are a man of culture, GoeGoe!

Since I see everyone has made a list of everyone that impacted them for the big good bye. Here is mine. I will be making my leave for a week or two after smash arrives because I will either be playing smash or preparing for my finals for my master´s degree. Still, I will be here for the rest of the day. I will most likely be back after that.
We got amazing detailed posters like: @vaanrose, @Scoliosis Jones, @Cosmic77 and @tehponycorn.
Then we have really passionate posters like @Luigi The President, Zinith Zinith , @Sniper_Fox, @Graizen, @LetterO and @NineS.
It was also cool to have people like kirbsmash kirbsmash , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , @Smashing Ramen, @Onereasonanddone, @osby, KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , @Wurmple for smash, @JDCabrera, @Kuon, @Alastor017, @faygoshill, @KMDP, Chumpodile Chumpodile , @Nekoo, @CaptainAmerica, @Idon, T3Z3R1 T3Z3R1 , @Shishœ, @Legendary Spirit Tamer, staindgrey staindgrey , @Indecisive Fisher, @ClaTheBae, @Jovahexeon Joranvexeon, @Untouch, IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 , Robertman2 Robertman2 , @ToasterBrains, @monadoboy, @NonSpecificGuy, TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , @Shroob, @Blargg888, @Opossum, @Iridium, TyrantLizardKing TyrantLizardKing , @Cutie Gwen, @SvartWolf and PsySmasher PsySmasher around for the smash speculation. Thanks for the good memories.
@Noipoi gets a special mention on his own for his art. I love it.
I had my disagreements with @JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL Bionichute Bionichute or @GoeGoe but having differing opinions in life is important so thanks for the diferent POWs and never change.
I would like to ask for forgiveness in case I forgot anyone important though.
Holy moly, I am super-flattered! You go show your Finals your strats and come back a winner, got it? Show those tests how Top-Tier you are!
Dante_Intensifies.jpg

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I haven't been around long either but I've had a blast.

Thanks everybody!
I'm not going anywhere I like the community here.
Hopefully we can play some freaking smash together hell yea
You got stuck in my head after the "cute ghost" group of pictures. :rotfl:

Someone mentioned a smash tourney. I wish I could join it. The issues of studying, work and smash.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Remember when we all pushed to get 6969 before Fighter 69? Good times.

Can't wait. This is the first time I've actively wanted to get involved in competitive Smash and the most vocally active I've been in the Smash fandom ever and it's been a pleasure. Can't wait to keep coming here during work to hone my skills. DLC discussion is gonna continue to be wild.

D

Deleted member

Despite what I said before, i’m gonna be serious here. Ultimate is just around the corner, but I felt the need to say this. On my time here, I can safely say that pretty much all off you are really cool dudes. No matter what, you lot always have something interesting to say or some funny comment to add or some detailed analysis to make. It’s really refreshing compared to other forums. So I just wanted to thank you all. I mean it. Now read the first letter of every sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom