• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
So that leak is so dead. Is it bad that I was glad it was fake?

Like, I do like most of the characters n the leak.

But both teams were jerks.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
A thought occured to me.. What if the DLC characters get leaked not by Vergeben or Hitagi.. But by dataminers because of Nintendo's own incompitance when it comes to protecting that sort of stuff from dataminers... AGAIN!

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly i'm gonna go see it just for the Pokemon.
This is the movie I dreamed about since I was a kid. Of course i'm gonna see it, story be damned.
Well, that works. I'll laugh if this manages to outperform literally every other Pokémon film in existence though, I'll admit. Doesn't look outright bad, like "Pixels" bad.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
A thought occured to me.. What if the DLC characters get leaked not by Vergeben or Hitagi.. But by dataminers because of Nintendo's own incompitance when it comes to protecting that sort of stuff from dataminers... AGAIN!
I'm sure it'll happen
Nintendo has proved themselves to be ****ing morons sometimes! Especially with the box.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm gonna guess the likely suspects?

Dragon Quest Reps, Geno, Sora, probably a Nintendo exclusive character from Braverly or Octopath, and then another icon of there's either from FF or Lara Croft even.

A list that you can't really decipher because you know they'd all sort of make sense in Smash.

At least that's what I'd do if I was a company trying to keep the character hidden.
This is probably it. My guess is:

- Erdrick
- Geno
- Sora
- Sephiroth
- Bravely Default Rep (Agnes, Tiz, Ringabel, whoever)
- Neku
- Lara Croft

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't understand either.

So, Sakurai adds Piranha Plant and says there isn't anyone who doesn't know Piranha Plant (and I agree) and yet he still doesn't add Toad and Meowth. Toad is well-known, moreso than Piranha Plant... and Meowth has been showing up in the anime for over 1,000+ episodes for the past 20+ years in 85+ countries. It isn't like they are literally whos.
The last few Pokemon characters haven't been fan requests or icons of the series, they've been relevancy picks. Even though I love them, that's what they are.
I think that's Meowth's biggest hurdle, he's not relevant enough. Not to the anime, but to the games themselves.

Now with Toad...I dunno.
I actually don't have a legit reason as to why he's not in yet, aside from being part of the Princesses movesets.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
The hate against Steve and Incineroar in particular was unbearable, it was embarrassing to watch.
And ironically, the people calling others "Verge bandwagoners" were Grinch leak bandwagoners.

But I won, so I guess it all worked out in the end.
I think the worst part was that the thought process was especially obtuse during the whole debacle. Incineroar remained the one thing that didnt fit with the whole picture. And grinch leakers didnt want to indocrinate incineroar as part of that precious leak. The grinch leak was the whole roster because….. nope nowhere did it say it was the whole roster. It didnt matter that Verge had been right. People dismissed him. When most insiders (even ones like Papagenos) confirmed incineroar, they were all still ignored. Then came the terribly stupid theory that incineroar had to be leak bait and that it was fooling everyone. Grinch leak seemed to be a massive hate group against box theorist, Vergeben and the people who didnt want incineroar. Incineroar was used as a scapegoat with people posting pretty baity pics against his fans (like the dab dance). I agree, being a fan of incineroar was a nightmare during the last part of the cycle as if being a fan of the character hadnt been bad enough before Vergeben confirmed the character. There just wasnt space for incineroar.
I don't understand either.

So, Sakurai adds Piranha Plant and says there isn't anyone who doesn't know Piranha Plant (and I agree) and yet he still doesn't add Toad and Meowth. Toad is well-known, moreso than Piranha Plant... and Meowth has been showing up in the anime for over 1,000+ episodes for the past 20+ years in 85+ countries. It isn't like they are literally whos.
It was Sakurai ´s signature surprise character. And no one believed the leaks that mentioned the character which is an added stroke of genius.

Last edited:

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman

Dragon Quest Reps, Geno, Sora, probably a Nintendo exclusive character from Braverly or Octopath, and then another icon of there's either from FF or Lara Croft even.

A list that you can't really decipher because you know they'd all sort of make sense in Smash.

At least that's what I'd do if I was a company trying to keep the character hidden.
If it's Sephiroth, then can his Final Smash be to jump down behind the enemy fighter and impale them?

Double K

Smash Lord
Well, that works. I'll laugh if this manages to outperform literally every other Pokémon film in existence though, I'll admit. Doesn't look outright bad, like "Pixels" bad.
If nothing else, small details on the characters at least show that the people amking it actually know Pokemon

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not counting on it if they only just recently pinned down all 5 characters.

But they could end up like, leaking the first few if they've been worked on as far back as Piranha Plant has been.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

That's very much what is happening, and that's why Smash DLC's "leak baits" makes more sense than others games.

For Exemple, people keep saying that no one leaked Noctis/Geese/Negans for Tekken 7.

But understand this. Who in the flying ****ing world would go ahead and publicly leak a list saying "Noctis/Geese/Chuck Norris/Ragna the Bloodedge/Negan are considered for Tekken 7"

Harada took everyone by surprise. Even the leakers, who were as surprised to heard those kind of crazy names.

But I'm sure that Square-Enix Actually choose Characters who make sense to be in the game as Leak bait.

Double K

Smash Lord
People are scared about the Mario movie but think of it like this. At least Miyamoto is working stright with them unlike capcom not working with their people at all

Yeah, I remeber crafting military gear and stright up guns in MHGU
Twist: It's actually the director getting a chance to live out his wish of a MGS movie

He's adapting the Peacewalker mission where you killed a Tigrex

peachy!

super princess
Real life sure gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it?!

I haven't been able to keep up recently, so what's the 411 on Vergeben/ the DLC characters up till now?

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I can't remember, but do you have to turn off hazards when choosing options before stage select, or is it a toggle like omega and battlefield forms?

Noipoi

Howdy!
People are scared about the Mario movie but think of it like this. At least Miyamoto is working stright with them unlike capcom not working with their people at all

If Miyamoto is working close with illumination it might not be complete garbage.

I mean, how bad could it possibly be?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Got a game for us to play. Here's a list of notable Nintendo franchises that didn't receive a unique newcomer.

:ultlink::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultmarth::ultpit::ultshulk:

List these franchises from most to least likely to get a DLC character (and before anyone tries to point out that this doesn't narrow down who we could get, I already know. I just want to see what everyone thinks).

For example, here's mine:

:ultkirby::ultlink::ultshulk::ultmarth::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultpit:
:ultlink::ultkirby::ultmarth::ultyoshi::ultshulk::ultpit::ultfox:

The fact that Zelda got no newcomers for this long is ridiculous. Therefore that's the likeliest
Bandana Dee has been a popular pick, so Kirby is next
We all have a love-hate relationship with the idea that a Fire Emblem newcomer is always on the horizon
Y'all are sleeping on my boi's chances to get a DLC newcomer thanks to YCW
The window for a Xenoblade newcomer is shrinking, but I still extend hope
And then there's Kid Icarus and Star Fox..... eh

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

What are you talking about?

This is 1000000000% Monster Hunter.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
If Miyamoto is working close with illumination it might not be complete garbage.

I mean, how bad could it possibly be?
the fact that same man was reason why we have been seeing generic toads in later's paper mario games (after super paper mario)

I'm really worried if he'll say no to any OCs that was presented in the super mario movie.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
:ultlink::ultkirby::ultmarth::ultyoshi::ultshulk::ultpit::ultfox:

The fact that Zelda got no newcomers for this long is ridiculous. Therefore that's the likeliest
Bandana Dee has been a popular pick, so Kirby is next
We all have a love-hate relationship with the idea that a Fire Emblem newcomer is always on the horizon
Y'all are sleeping on my boi's chances to get a DLC newcomer thanks to YCW
The window for a Xenoblade newcomer is shrinking, but I still extend hope
And then there's Kid Icarus and Star Fox..... eh
Hi, Zinith. I have good news for you. Yoshi is in the lastest trailer!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
>When you remember you were all-in on Grinch leak being real
>Sweats.jpg

I really hope my behavior during Grinch leak times set me apart from the general attitudes of superiority and pigheadedness that were prevalent at the time. As somebody who was pretty deadset on it being real, I always admitted that vaanrose's comments on the background were a legitimate concern, but the fact that it was the only actual evidence against it at a time where so many coincidences were popping up and the situation at the time seemed so incomprehensible that I couldn't picture it being fake at the time.

I really do apologize if I came off as elitist or ever made any comments that were derogatory towards people who believed it was fake, I tried my hardest at the time to limit my hostility to insiders who were being unnecessarily cryptic or jerkish about it, or to anybody who brushed it away without at least looking at all of the evidence from both sides to form a stronger opinion.
The thing that drove me mad about it were the amount of people actively mocking "Team Fake" for being "disillusion" and dismissing all of our arguments by saying "Photoshopped Little Mac". Not to mention the amount of people who decided that all "insiders" were part of some sort of evil occult all of a sudden because they were saying things they didn't like.

I don't remember you doing or saying anything particularly obnoxious, so you're fine. A lot of people on "Team Real" weren't all that bad, it's just that there were enough people who were that it was a headache to deal with.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So how long until you guys think Verge will leak everything?
Supposedly, they're close to get stuff sorted out.
Can take a week, or a months, or two.

Who knows. They're probably waiting to get as many source to cross and be "ok" on all of the information.

Vergeben waited long to talk about Incineroar, and it's because there were Pokemon Leakbaits, and he waited all of his sources says "Incineroar" before talking, even though most "big" Insiders knew about Incineroar back in august/September.

So I'm sure Vergeben/Hitagi will wait the greenlight before saying stuff.

Noipoi

Howdy!
the fact that same man was reason why we have been seeing generic toads in later's paper mario games (after super paper mario)

I'm really worried if he'll say no to any OCs that was presented in the super mario movie.
Imo all you need to make a solid Mario movie is Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Toad and Peach.
Of course tons extra characters and references would be more than welcome but if the writing's gold the core is all you need.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice

mario movie just needs to be like the super mario adventures comic, bam instant classic
but nope, mario will probably be doing a manufactured pop single number while doing the floss dance

the new monster hunter movie will adapt the next game, modern monster hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom