• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The last few Pokemon characters haven't been fan requests or icons of the series, they've been relevancy picks. Even though I love them, that's what they are.
I think that's Meowth's biggest hurdle, he's not relevant enough. Not to the anime, but to the games themselves.
The one time Team Rocket Meowth is finally relevant in the games... Sakurai still doesn't put him in Smash to promote Pokemon Let's Go. :urg:

Instead, we get the generic Meowth throwing coins for the fourth time.

Where's my Team Rocket Meowth with Ekans and Koffing in his moveset?

I shouldn't be still begging for Meowth to be playable in Smash in 2018. I hate this timeline.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
The one time Team Rocket Meowth is finally relevant in the games... Sakurai still doesn't put him in Smash to promote Pokemon Let's Go. :urg:

I shouldn't be still begging for Meowth to be playable in Smash in 2018. I hate this timeline.
what is Meowth's final smash, a normal type z-move?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
A thought occured to me.. What if the DLC characters get leaked not by Vergeben or Hitagi.. But by dataminers because of Nintendo's own incompitance when it comes to protecting that sort of stuff from dataminers... AGAIN!
I don’t think it’s a matter of “if”, but a matter of “when”. Nintendo is notoriously bad at preventing leaks, so it’s only a matter of time until they spill the beans.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Supposedly, they're close to get stuff sorted out.
Can take a week, or a months, or two.

Who knows. They're probably waiting to get as many source to cross and be "ok" on all of the information.

Vergeben waited long to talk about Incineroar, and it's because there were Pokemon Leakbaits, and he waited all of his sources says "Incineroar" before talking, even though most "big" Insiders knew about Incineroar back in august/September.

So I'm sure Vergeben/Hitagi will wait the greenlight before saying stuff.
We actually found out about Incineroar much earlier because of LoZ leaking the dm Vergeben sent him asking if he heard about it. I'd imagine Vergeben wouldn't have gone public so soon otherwise.

Vergeben will no doubt be patient on it considering his reputation is on the line, and since he's working with him I'm sure Hitagi will do the same.

Noipoi

Howdy!

You gotta remember, Let's Go was in development after the project plan as finished.
It's a shame, I want Meowth too, but that's how it is.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
I don’t think it’s a matter of “if”, but a matter of “when”. Nintendo is notoriously bad at preventing leaks, so it’s only a matter of time until they spill the beans.
it's prob why they haven't had a testpunch/demo until now

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
"we want demo nintendo"

*Nintendo flashbacks to releasing Mario Tennis Aces demo & the whole game getting datamined*

how about no

Polan

Smash Lord
People are scared about the Mario movie but think of it like this. At least Miyamoto is working stright with them unlike capcom not working with their people at all

Yeah, I remeber crafting military gear and stright up guns in MHGU
oh god who thought this was a good idea?
looking at all the switch games that had their dlc datamined...i'm pretty sure leaks are gonna happen.

Double K

Smash Lord
Instead of another Yoshi party, lets talk about Akuma in Smash

And by that I mean the Cygames character, Ghandagoza

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
We actually found out about Incineroar much earlier because of LoZ leaking the dm Vergeben sent him asking if he heard about it. I'd imagine Vergeben wouldn't have gone public so soon otherwise.

Vergeben will no doubt be patient on it considering his reputation is on the line, and since he's working with him I'm sure Hitagi will do the same.
A lot of people are waiting for Vergeben to slip up so they can destroy him. For some reason there's a lot of animosity towards him.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You mean that brief spot when the mural pans out and Yoshi hasn't even gotten out of the mural render?

Okay

I know its not the best but hey, it at least means that Yoshi wasnt skipped by the marketing team.

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Is there gonna be a demo of ultimate yo switch owners anytime soon?

We could play up to 5 or 6 mins top with only 12 original characters from the 64 rooster before the game realeses

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is there gonna be a demo of ultimate yo switch owners anytime soon?

We could play up to 5 or 6 mins top with only 12 original characters from the 64 rooster before the game realeses
Nintendo 64 rooster?

Welcome to the Internet, where we make fun of every spelling mistake.

Edit: God damn site won't let me post my joke.

It was Drumstick, the rooster from Diddy Kong Racing. Now everyone laugh and give me likes.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
"we want demo nintendo"

*Nintendo flashbacks to releasing Mario Tennis Aces demo & the whole game getting datamined*

how about no
What would there be to datamine?

DLC? I think the Smash team learned their lesson with Ryu/Roy.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Anyone else noticed the Little Mac blog post? Am I late?

Edit: Forget this post.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
EDIT: Deleted bit, I quoted something twice by mistake?
If Miyamoto is working close with illumination it might not be complete garbage.

I mean, how bad could it possibly be?
We must have faith.
So, a recap of the confirmed video game movies coming soon.
Live-Action Detective Pikachu starring Deadpool.
Mario movie by Illumination
Live-Action Sonic the Hedgehog movie.
A Monster Hunter movie, also Live-action.
A Metal Gear Solid movie, also Live action I think.
And of course, a Live-action Megaman Movie.

There's a lot of videogame movies coming out.. Did I miss any?

EDIT # 2: I've recently been informed by my sources (the internet) that an official Minecraft Movie is also in the works.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Would had been better if he was playable. Isaac is probably the only character that I didn't support that I feel should had been in the game since it only would had been fair due to us K. Rool fans.

Honestly what irks me is how they kept it for so long. All this discussion and speculation only for him to be revealed as an assist at the last minute. Should had done it since the beginning, it would had saved the Isaac fans the trouble of not being bummed.
Maybe Sakurai thought that Ridley and K Rool were enough for crowd pleasers and wanted to focus on other characters that were either iconic or relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom