• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I legitimately just want to understand.
I get that not everyone sees them as important... but they are certainly Nintendo All Stars.
We can debate to the end of the earth if that is important- but they certainly are characters identifiable to the genre.
I just dont see why they arent in yet.

Ironically, Dixie Kong the most. She is the only 'forbidden 7' character to not get in. You could argue Tetra/Toon Zelda, but we have a new Zelda that seems pretty hybrid toon to me.
I mean...the new Zelda is in no way toon.

Yeah, i never liked (or like ) the idea of Incineroar in Smash. If i was going to have a Pokémon, i rather have Gardevoir or Decidueye
You woulda fit right in with practically the entire world during the Grinch Leak.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
>When you remember you were all-in on Grinch leak being real
>Sweats.jpg

I really hope my behavior during Grinch leak times set me apart from the general attitudes of superiority and pigheadedness that were prevalent at the time. As somebody who was pretty deadset on it being real, I always admitted that vaanrose's comments on the background were a legitimate concern, but the fact that it was the only actual evidence against it at a time where so many coincidences were popping up and the situation at the time seemed so incomprehensible that I couldn't picture it being fake at the time.

I really do apologize if I came off as elitist or ever made any comments that were derogatory towards people who believed it was fake, I tried my hardest at the time to limit my hostility to insiders who were being unnecessarily cryptic or jerkish about it, or to anybody who brushed it away without at least looking at all of the evidence from both sides to form a stronger opinion.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yo, I know that y'all are feed-up about Hitagi, but HEY LOOK. Guess who was right about him saying "I haven't heard anything"/"nothing" about some SE-REP (Mainly Sora/Geno/Neku)
But it's also something very important, since he explain the **** that people missinterpret or say about him and Vergeben like Youtubers, and here Papagenos

Source
Seeing what he said about the SE characters in that post, I'm assuming Geno and Sora aren't out of the running.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
not to be that guy, but y'see folks.
this is why we shouldn't do politics
this is why i don't like politics.
not in smash.

On another note, HEY! This thing is in Smash:

Just wanted to remind you all that this thing right here in in smash.
It looks like a furby.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
not to be that guy, but y'see folks.
this is why we shouldn't do politics
this is why i don't like politics.
not in smash.

On another note, HEY! This thing is in Smash:

Just wanted to remind you all that this thing right here in in smash.
She's cute, you guys are just mean

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was just looking at the Smash Bros page....
It is still so odd to me to see "Other fighters from this series" and then to not see
-Dixie Kong
-Meowth
-Toad

I know we discuss this in circles all the time, but I'm back down the loop.
Meowth is especially surprising. He honestly feels like a character who would had been in the roster since Melee at least.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yo, I know that y'all are feed-up about Hitagi, but HEY LOOK. Guess who was right about him saying "I haven't heard anything"/"nothing" about some SE-REP (Mainly Sora/Geno/Neku)
But it's also something very important, since he explain the **** that people missinterpret or say about him and Vergeben like Youtubers, and here Papagenos

Source
Fascinating.

So Sora, Geno, 2B, Lara are still all in. As are any other FF reps.

D

Deleted member

Seeing what he said about the SE characters in that post, I'm assuming Geno and Sora aren't out of the running.
If it's Nintendo choosing, we're gonna get like someone from Bravely (or hell, even Octopath) and or Neku, and have the Japanese fans left wondering "who's this guy?"

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
They're not out of the running. They never were.
Geno/Sora/DQ/Slime are still the front runners.
even though tbh Neku or Crono are the patrician choice.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean...the new Zelda is in no way toon.

You woulda fit right in with practically the entire world during the Grinch Leak.
The new Zelda is based on Link Between Worlds... so... you can compare this :ultzelda: and :ulttoonlink: to :ultlink: and :4zelda: and :4link:.
Just look at the hair color if 'toon' need be described. Much less the rest of the design...

This new Zelda is half a toon. She is completely different from the other Zelda characters.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Seeing as how every character’s Classic campaign is unique, I can’t help but now wonder what some characters will be getting for the theme of their Classic campaign. What do you guys want for these themes? Here’s a couple of ideas I have:

:ultsonic:: Sonic Adventure 2; Battles such as R.O.B. on Fourside (Bigfoot), Giant brown alt Mega Man on Mushroomy Kingdom (Battlefield form) (Egg Golem), and Dark Pit on Omega Lylat Cruise (final Shadow battle on the Ark)

:ultpokemontrainer:: Kanto Journey; Battles such as Villager on Garden of Hope (Viridian Forest Bug Catchers), Dr. Mario team on Saffron City (Team Rocket Scientists at Silph), and Mewtwo on Omega Great Cave Offensive (Cerulean Cave)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
you know... I ... I actually got a good impresion of the detective pikachu movie trailer.

Yeah.. i don't think it will be an amazing movie. probably will have a very safe and generic story, some tried and true interactions, and overall, storywise and mystery wise, it will be probably be a littel dull...

But honestly the pokemon animations are really good.. and honestly why i don't get why it need to have those generic hollywood movie pallete, the way they done the pokemon actually fit decetly with the pallete.

Dunno... may watch? but with low expactations, and just to see a bunch pokemons renders...(it actually looks more interesting than any of the samey pokemon movies)

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Versus what, the ESRB leak? Circular conversation about the Grinch leak?
I get that you dont like the conversation, but if you continue to try to silence me, in a way that is incoherent with the rules of this forum, I'm only going to scream louder. The more you play God the more others will feel their horns.
Youre not a savior, and your imperial attitude has overwhelmingly been irrationalized.
Gamers rise up.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Source
So literally nothing changes and I will continue to place more confidence in Vergeben until we see more Hitagi characters/Vergeben corroborates. Good to know.

Last edited:

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how every character’s Classic campaign is unique, I can’t help but now wonder what some characters will be getting for the theme of their Classic campaign. What do you guys want for these themes? Here’s a couple of ideas I have:

:ultsonic:: Sonic Adventure 2; Battles such as R.O.B. on Fourside (Bigfoot), Giant brown alt Mega Man on Mushroomy Kingdom (Battlefield form) (Egg Golem), and Dark Pit on Omega Lylat Cruise (final Shadow battle on the Ark)

:ultpokemontrainer:: Kanto Journey; Battles such as Villager on Garden of Hope (Viridian Forest Bug Catchers), Dr. Mario team on Saffron City (Team Rocket Scientists at Silph), and Mewtwo on Omega Great Cave Offensive (Cerulean Cave)
Snake's classic campaign is gonna be amazing.

Noipoi

Howdy!
>When you remember you were all-in on Grinch leak being real
>Sweats.jpg

I really hope my behavior during Grinch leak times set me apart from the general attitudes of superiority and pigheadedness that were prevalent at the time. As somebody who was pretty deadset on it being real, I always admitted that vaanrose's comments on the background were a legitimate concern, but the fact that it was the only actual evidence against it at a time where so many coincidences were popping up and the situation at the time seemed so incomprehensible that I couldn't picture it being fake at the time.

I really do apologize if I came off as elitist or ever made any comments that were derogatory towards people who believed it was fake, I tried my hardest at the time to limit my hostility to insiders who were being unnecessarily cryptic or jerkish about it, or to anybody who brushed it away without at least looking at all of the evidence from both sides to form a stronger opinion.
Nah, you're good man. You weren't a prick.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
With the obscurity and level of "I can't talk about it right nows" being thrown out every comment on their Reddit, is it really fair to say *any* character is out of the running? =P

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Source
oh so he didnt backtrack on Steve he says.. Ok then. Steve is in guys.

Iridium

Smash Hero
you know... I ... I actually got a good impresion of the detective pikachu movie trailer.

Yeah.. i don't think it will be an amazing movie. probably will have a very safe and generic story, some tried and true interactions, and overall, storywise and mystery wise, it will be probably be a littel dull...

But honestly the pokemon animations are really good.. and honestly why i don't get why it need to have those generic hollywood movie pallete, the way they done the pokemon actually fit decetly with the pallete.

Dunno... may watch? but with low expactations, and just to see a bunch pokemons renders...(it actually looks more interesting than any of the samey pokemon movies)
Hoping the soundtrack is just actual improved Pokémon music, although probably (big probably) not. Maybe I'll watch it, for :ultgreninja:.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

:ultmewtwo: only fights clones and echoes.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Meowth is especially surprising. He honestly feels like a character who would had been in the roster since Melee at least.
Meowth not being in is a shock... but I am more surprised by Toad. I mean... Piranha Plant...
I wouldnt be concerned about Nintendo wanting to use the DLC as promotional characters when we have... this happen.
They're not out of the running. They never were.
Geno/Sora/DQ/Slime are still the front runners.
even though tbh Neku or Crono are the patrician choice.
#teamlara

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hoping the soundtrack is just actual improved Pokémon music, although probably (big probably) not. Maybe I'll watch it, for :ultgreninja:.
Honestly i'm gonna go see it just for the Pokemon.
This is the movie I dreamed about since I was a kid. Of course i'm gonna see it, story be damned.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
With the obscurity and level of "I can't talk about it right nows" being thrown out every comment on their Reddit, is it really fair to say *any* character is out of the running? =P
I mean from what I understand that's basically what he's saying, the characters he's "deconfirmed" are characters he's personally heard nothing about. He's not saying they're flat-out not happening, just that his sources haven't told him anything.

oh so he didnt backtrack on Steve he says.. Ok then. Steve is in guys.
Well that was the one character he was always VERY confident in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I get that not everyone sees them as important... but they are certainly Nintendo All Stars.
We can debate to the end of the earth if that is important- but they certainly are characters identifiable to the genre.
I just dont see why they arent in yet.

Ironically, Dixie Kong the most. She is the only 'forbidden 7' character to not get in. You could argue Tetra/Toon Zelda, but we have a new Zelda that seems pretty hybrid toon to me.
I don't understand either.

So, Sakurai adds Piranha Plant and says there isn't anyone who doesn't know Piranha Plant (and I agree) and yet he still doesn't add Toad and Meowth. Toad is well-known, moreso than Piranha Plant... and Meowth has been showing up in the anime for over 1,000+ episodes for the past 20+ years in 85+ countries. It isn't like they are literally whos.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Which puts us in the same spot we were in before Hitagi.

I wonder who the 7 characters are.
I'm gonna guess the likely suspects?

Dragon Quest Reps, Geno, Sora, probably a Nintendo exclusive character from Braverly or Octopath, and then another icon of there's either from FF or Lara Croft even.

A list that you can't really decipher because you know they'd all sort of make sense in Smash.

At least that's what I'd do if I was a company trying to keep the character hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom