• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calane

Smash Ace
From what I get DQ characters in crossovers are usually side characters, never the player characters.
Not true. Look up "Itadaki Street Special". It's a crossover between Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

Some DQ heroes showed up in it. Here's what DQ5's hero, Abel, looked like:

hero_dq5.gif

I can even see Rek, DQ6's hero, on the box as well. The hero from DQ2 is there as well.

Itadaki-box.jpg

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Difference between LoZ and Hitagi is that Hitagi has been a leaker for way longer, and has a longer history with Vergeben. Not to mention, leaks multiple other games and has a very good track record.
LoZ18 just kind of popped up out of nowhere one day and because he got E3 right, people trusted him.
Vergeben didn't entirely trust him. He thinks of LoZ18 as an ***. He did swap some info with him once in private, just because of the minor credibility LoZ18 had at the time, but LoZ18 lost all his trust quickly after.
IF he isn't bull****ting us he sure isnt committal to anything for very long.. I get the feeling he has a history of just blurting things out without thinking.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not true. Look up "Itadaki Street Special". It's a crossover between Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

View attachment 177014

I can even see Rek, DQ6's hero, on the box as well. The hero from DQ2 is there as well.

View attachment 177015
"Usually" though.

Are these just exceptions? And they seem to be...well...Squenix crossing over with itself. I meant with other companies.

NineS

Smash Lord
IF he isn't bull****ting us he sure isnt committal to anything for very long.. I get the feeling he has a history of just blurting things out without thinking.
A thing to keep in mind though is that Hitagi is an actual leaker unlike Loz18, who for the most part only got a few lucky guesses. His credibility was quickly thrown into question up until we got K. Rool. People believed him for a bit longer, but his credibility was questioned even more. Isabelle was the death of him.

Along with his discord.

Hitagi is likely just sharing what his/her sources have said, and throwing in what they think of what they've heard.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, I wish we had 'leaks' like the Square Rep, but with the Microsoft Rep.

I just want to hear more than Steve?

Give me Pimple from Battletoads even!

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I'm going to briefly ****post:

I do have to wonder how much people may be overlooking a SE character that hasn't been mentioned nearly as much. Like Tifa, or Sephiroth? I'm not sure how Sephiroth would work exactly, but I think Tifa would be brilliant as a rushdown brawler type.

Also, figure I'll keep this thread updated, but currently at 450 votes in my poll. To be honest, I only expected to get at a MAX 200 votes, but here we are. I'm really pumped to dig into the data itself. I plan on conducting a few interviews as well so I might be reaching out at some point to ask questions about things related to character speculation.
I would actually love Tifa. She's possibly my favorite character in FF7, and female brawlers are sick.

it's totally not because of tiddies or anything

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So, on the topic of SE characters, anyone have any Tomb Raider games to recommend?
The tomb raider legend games (legend, anniversary and underworld) are my favourites , don't bother with anything older than legend really, they're incredibly dated even though they can still be fun. Go for the trilogy collection on PS3 and 360. Either that or go for the reboot games (tomb raider, rise of the tomb raider and shadow of the tomb raider), great games but a very big departure from the originals.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
The real thing I want to know, if Slime is actually the DQ rep. What would Kirby look like if he inhaled him :ultkirby:

NineS

Smash Lord

View attachment 177014

View attachment 177015
This helped me realize and remember that... Square Enix loves having crossovers with DQ and FF.
Especially with the Chocobo and Slime.

Quick, can somebody gather up the amount of times Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest have been in crossovers together?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I do have to wonder how much people may be overlooking a SE character that hasn't been mentioned nearly as much. Like Tifa, or Sephiroth? I'm not sure how Sephiroth would work exactly, but I think Tifa would be brilliant as a rushdown brawler type.
I completely agree. If there was any other Final Fantasy rep coming, I do think it would be from Final Fantasy 7 again, since I find it suspicious that Cloud's series name is Final Fantasy 7 and not just Final Fantasy.

I see Sephiroth more as a boss. I honestly don't know how they could balance his fighting style and large sword into a playable fighter.
And no.. he can't be an echo of Cloud
Tifa, however, would fit the role perfectly.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The real thing I want to know, if Slime is actually the DQ rep. What would Kirby look like if he inhaled him :ultkirby:
He'd just have a point on the top of his head.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Oh I know the slimes Nines, and looking over the pics there were certainly some I forgot. Thanks, I could see some transformation attacks happening.

So now the question would be, how BIG would slime be? Maybe Pikachu size?
This size -

Calane

Smash Ace
"Usually" though.

Are these just exceptions? And they seem to be...well...Squenix crossing over with itself. I meant with other companies.
I don't think DQ does crossovers much in general. The only crossovers I can think of that'd fit your criteria are the Mario ones, and the heroes were absent from those as far as I know.

I was just showing you that it has happened before. DQ heroes showing up in a crossover, I mean.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Has Vergeben's "Minecraft content" leak been upgraded to an actual character, a stage, or is it still vague? I'm more interested in that then who the SE rep is supposed to be.

Not that I like Minecraft...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Has Vergeben's "Minecraft content" leak been upgraded to an actual character, a stage, or is it still vague? I'm more interested in that then who the SE rep is supposed to be.

As of right now, Verge is still only claiming Minecraft content. He hasn't confirmed if it's Steve, a stage, or something else.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I dont think so. Still content last I checked. Honestly, it could just be Spirits. I would like an update on that as well.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Im still wondering how Rayman fits in all of this. We know the Rabbids are spirits, so is it possible Rayman is one of the 5?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Verge's "Minecraft content" is still just Minecraft content. We don't know what though.
Let's recap

No Geno
No Sora
No second FF rep
Implications of no Lara Croft
Some rumors about a DQ rep

From Hitagi
I'm interested to see if Verge responds to any of this.

Speaking of Verge, we haven't heard much from him as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom