• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If this is real, the Geno bros and the Sora squad just got destroyed.
It was never Sora vs Geno, they're both dead.
Or Squenix is just ****ing AMAZING at hiding leaks
And I mean, well

They are
This ^

We will not know WHO the Rep is until either A) the time before Reveal or B) Square majorly ***** up and spoils it through a dumb text or whatever.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Just Imagine, Cloud, Edrick/Slime and Lloyd together in the same game. The big 3 JRPGS(DQ, FF, and Tales) in a game together. I think that's going to happen.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Rayman is definitely in the running. One of the more likely 3rd party reps outside of a Square rep, in my opinion.
Assuming that Vergeben's Minecraft content is just that only content possibly a spirit like how Rayman was trophy in Smash Wii U.

I can see it playing like this

Square Enix Rep (DQ rep or Sora)

Bandai Namco Rep (Heihachi or LLoyd)

Nintendo Character (Edelgard or Bandana Waddle dee)

Nintendo Character ( Pokemon 2019 rep, or Metroid Prime 4 rep)

Ubisoft Rep (Rayman)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know what bugs me? We know what the amiibo for Piranha Plant, a character who won't even be in the base roster, will look like yet we've still got nothing for Pokemon Trainer.

You know how everyone keeps asking how Pokemon Trainer's amiibo is going to work? Something tells me that even Nintendo doesn't know the answer to that question.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Let's recap

No Geno
No Sora
No second FF rep
Implications of no Lara Croft
Some rumors about a DQ rep

From Hitagi
From my interpretation, I feel like Hitagi is trying to imply that it's probably a DQ rep, without flat out saying it's a DQ rep.
Despite his decent track record, I'm taking all of this with a HUGE grain of salt.
Especially since Square is actually... pretty good with preventing leaks.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Y'all are really sleeping on Dragonborn and I am sick of it!
I don't know if the Dragonborn would make it in before Rayman, especially because Ubisoft and Nintendo have been super close lately. Still hoping for Elder Scrolls music in Smash though as that would be amazing.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
yeah im not calling dragonborn or master chief "fanservice". those are some pretty blatant corporate shill characters

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
yeah im not calling dragonborn or master chief "fanservice". those are some pretty blatant corporate shill characters
I mean they're only from one of the most iconic games of the 21st century which has shaped all open world games after it and one of the fathers of the entire FPS genre, total corporate shills tho yea

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Honestly we should all be taking Hitagi with a grain of salt until he starts being concrete because there's a strong chance not even HE is sure of his own leaks. I thought we learned our lesson after Loz and others..

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't know if the Dragonborn would make it in before Rayman, especially because Ubisoft and Nintendo have been super close lately. Still hoping for Elder Scrolls music in Smash though as that would be amazing.
I kiiiiiinda....kinda do.
Because Bethesda and Nintendo have also been close as heck.

And honestly...I adore Rayman but I can't help but feel a TES rep would sell more. But that's just me.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
You know what bugs me? We know what the amiibo for Piranha Plant, a character who won't even be in the base roster, will look like yet we've still got nothing for Pokemon Trainer.

You know how everyone keeps asking how Pokemon Trainer's amiibo is going to work? Something tells me that even Nintendo doesn't know the answer to that question.
Charizard's amiibo is Pokemon Trainer

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
See, I don't think Minecraft would just be Spirits.

You'd think they would've shown off Steve? or a Creeper in the Direct if that were the case, just like they showed off Shantae.

Plus, it's Microsoft, at least give the game a stage, y'all.

D

Deleted member

Assuming that Vergeben's Minecraft content is just that only content possibly a spirit like how Rayman was trophy in Smash Wii U.

I can see it playing like this

Square Enix Rep (DQ rep or Sora)

Bandai Namco Rep (Heihachi or LLoyd)

Nintendo Character (Edelgard or Bandana Waddle dee)

Nintendo Character ( Pokemon 2019 rep, or Metroid Prime 4 rep)

Ubisoft Rep (Rayman)
Didn't leakers say that Rayman was gonna be in the game or DLC back during Smash 4 or something? Not talking about the Rayman Hoax.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Heres a very possible scenario that I think we may not be realizing. What if Vergeben's leak of Minecraft content is just that, only content like a Spirit. And Microsoft sits out of this one, like how Rayman did in Wii U.

If this is the case its possible we might not even get a Microsoft rep, and that can instead go to Rayman or a another 3rd party rep.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Should I or should I not do my daily Zinith reminder? :yoshi:
No Zinith, we know your stance on these things already, and I still disagree with you on it.

It's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
No Zinith, we know your stance on these things already, and I still disagree with you on it.

It's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent.
Please don’t, Zinith-Sama. We just went through the Grinch leak.
No, I wasn't talking about that

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Now see, Rex & Pyra would make me break a plate over my head. But Master Chief would make me expand to the beyond.

Halo DOES have some Nintendo history, too! ...In the form of a DS game that I think most likely got cancelled. But it still counts!
"Most likely" nawww it's still coming Tots LOL

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Can someone remind me why people are so disgusted at the idea of Steve being in Smash?
I think it might be partially due to it possibly decreasing/increasing Banjo's chances.

-It can be interpreted as an increase to Banjo's chances, since now we know Microsoft content is definitely possible.
-It can be interpreted as a decrease to Banjo's chances, since people may think Steve took the Microsoft rep spot from Banjo.

Also because Minecraft is cringey as **** to a good chunk of the gaming community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom