• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
lara croft would be some real wack ****, honestly. I was about to say I would be cool with any SQ rep since all of the proposed ideas are really neat, but lara has to be the most boring idea for a fighter and in terms of fighting style/gameplay doesn't really bring anything to the table that snake doesn't already bring as the resident hyper-realistic military dude, and even HE sticks out like a sore thumb.

is she getting a new game next year? it'd be the shill pick to end all shill picks.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
See, I don't think Minecraft would just be Spirits.

You'd think they would've shown off Steve? or a Creeper in the Direct if that were the case, just like they showed off Shantae.

Plus, it's Microsoft, at least give the game a stage, y'all.
I mean it would be odd for them to be added on as a DLC spirit or something else other than a character. Its still possible though, I think there is a reason why Vergeben cannot confirm a Microsoft character whether Steve or Banjo and just says content. And if you take Hitagi credibility which is very slim, this may be the reason why he backpedaled. As the Microsoft content is not a character.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
No, my daily reminder is that Poochy and/or Kamek could be a possible character DLC choice because of the timing

But if we want to talk about my motto, I don't see why putting leaks through scrutiny is a bad thing. The "innocent until proven guilty" analogy doesn't fit here...

osby

Smash Obsessed
lara croft would be some real wack ****, honestly. I was about to say I would be cool with any SQ rep since all of the proposed ideas are really neat, but lara has to be the most boring idea for a fighter and in terms of fighting style/gameplay doesn't really bring anything to the table that snake doesn't already bring as the resident hyper-realistic military dude, and even HE sticks out like a sore thumb.

is she getting a new game next year? it'd be the shill pick to end all shill picks.
Okay guys, Cloud doesn't bring anything new to the table because he just uses a sword and he was just put into Smash to promote upcoming FF games on Switch.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'll only accept Lara Croft if she has a bat**** insane moveset like Lady from Devil May Cry

osby

Smash Obsessed

what exactly is this supposed to mean
he was some real wack ****, honestly. he has to be the most boring idea for a fighter and in terms of fighting style/gameplay doesn't really bring anything to the table that ike doesn't already bring as the resident big word-wielding dude, and even HE sticks out like a sore thumb.

he's getting a remake in next years. it'd be the shill pick to end all shill picks.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No, my daily reminder is that Poochy and/or Kamek could be a possible character DLC choice because of the timing

But if we want to talk about my motto, I don't see why putting leaks through scrutiny is a bad thing. The "innocent until proven guilty" analogy doesn't fit here...
Scrutiny is okay, just like it's okay to scrutinize someone in court.

But, similarly, you have to give "leaks" the benefit of the doubt, as any of them could be real, similar to how you give someone in court the benefit of the doubt.

Essentially, don't take it as gospel, but don't outright deny it either.

D

Deleted member

It's curious to me how Hitagi seems to know who wasn't even considered for base roster and basically all the DLC characters.

Like...how?
This is the Achilles Heel. Back during Smash 4, NOBODY knew who the DLC characters were and if they were leaked, they were only leaked by Nintendo.
Mewtwo, Lucas, Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta weren't leaked and Roy and Ryu were leaked by Nintendo themselves through horrible management of updates.

But even then, 5 out of the 7 DLC characters weren't really leaked and nobody knew, so this begs the question, why are they so certain? Pretty much all the discussion of Square and Minecraft content was moved from base to now DLC. And while I classify this as a "failed leak", Vergeben's Smash source literally just knew about Piranha Plant a few hours before the Direct aired. IMO, that kinda shows that taking his word might not be safe down the road, especially with the safety precautions all these companies go through with DLC especially.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Yeah. Lara Croft wouldn't be my first choice as a Squeenix rep, but she's definitely one of the most iconic characters they have.

P.S I love your profile pic. It legit gave me Barnyard flashbacks.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
he was some real wack ****, honestly. he has to be the most boring idea for a fighter and in terms of fighting style/gameplay doesn't really bring anything to the table that ike doesn't already bring as the resident big word-wielding dude, and even HE sticks out like a sore thumb.

he's getting a remake in next years. it'd be the shill pick to end all shill picks.
this doesn't really elaborate your point. seems like you're just fun of a guy for not wanting a character?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is the Achilles Heel. Back during Smash 4, NOBODY knew who the DLC characters were and if they were leaked, they were only leaked by Nintendo.
Mewtwo, Lucas, Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta weren't leaked and Roy and Ryu were leaked by Nintendo themselves through horrible management of updates.

But even then, 5 out of the 7 DLC characters weren't really leaked and nobody knew, so this begs the question, why are they so certain? Pretty much all the discussion of Square and Minecraft content was moved from base to now DLC. And while I classify this as a "failed leak", Vergeben's Smash source literally just knew about Piranha Plant a few hours before the Direct aired. IMO, that kinda shows that taking his word might not be safe down the road, especially with the safety precautions all these companies go through with DLC especially.
I think Verge knew about PP beforehand but like any sane person refused to utter a word because it's ****ing PP

But yeah it's...it's curious.
Leaks just keep marching on I guess.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks

Do we know when the Smash 4 DLC was finalized?

osby

Smash Obsessed
this doesn't really elaborate your point. seems like you're just fun of a guy for not wanting a character?
I was just having fun with the other guy's copy pasta.

EDIT: I'd like Lara Croft, btw.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

But we also didn't have any actual leakers like Vergeben or Hitagi for Sm4sh. Our leaks came from non-leakers like Vaan/Ninka and Gematsu. These people build reputations for having insider information, and Smash is the holy grail of that.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I think Verge knew about PP beforehand but like any sane person refused to utter a word because it's ****ing PP

I think he might not have known like he didn't know about K Rool. Even Verge isnt 100% Perfect ya know.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Scrutiny is okay, just like it's okay to scrutinize someone in court.

But, similarly, you have to give "leaks" the benefit of the doubt, as any of them could be real, similar to how you give someone in court the benefit of the doubt.

Essentially, don't take it as gospel, but don't outright deny it either.
I'm coming at it from a skeptic perspective. I'm given a claim and the burden of evidence is on them to prove it real, not on me to prove it fake

D

Deleted member

I think the problem with them is that even if they have any shred of credibility, they probably have the biggest uphill battle to try and get info correct out at this point. Fake leaks are now getting continually easier to fabricate and in the public eye, alongside even the Smash community's eye, after the Grinch Leak, people will have a serious hard time believing leaks.

Combine that with history with Smash 4's DLC, this DLC Cycle is gonna prove to be the hardest for anyone to leak info on. That's for damn sure.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well this is interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...e_might_get_a_season_2_of_smash_ultimate_dlc/

Now... I know this might be a bit early to speculate on... but there might actually be some sort of substance to this potentially being a reality.
So for those who don't know, Smash Ultimate's Fighters Pass is suppose to wrap up around February of 2020. The pass contains 5 fighters, stages, and loads of music that will be released sporadically up to that point after the game's launch. We don't know the contents of it yet, other than the pre-order bonus. Which is a Mii Fighter costume based off of Rex and Pyra.
However, in this case, we need to take a look at the timeframe because that's when things become very interesting.
Before even DLC was announced, a YouTuber going by the online username IAmShifty has said that according to what he heard, Smash Ultimate is going to get downloadable content support for about Two Years. Which is a longer timeframe than games normally have.
Well... if you calculate the timeframe from the launch of the game to February 2020, you get 1 year and 3 months. Which is significantly less than 2 years.
That makes for two possibilities. On one hand, IAmShifty might have gotten some information mixed up, which is entirely possible. Or, if this piece of information is definitive, then it could mean that there's plans in the pipeline for more content after this first season pass.
Now, normally I would personally avoid rumors like this as always... but this person perfectly described the reveal of Piranha Plant before it was even announced (at 6:14 in video). Which... similar to Gematsu predicting the Wii Fit Trainer... raises some eyebrows. So... it's definitely something that... while I'd still take this with a grain of salt and hype responsibly... maybe keep in the back of your minds as a potential option Nintendo might go for.
Especially here lately with Nintendo trying to emphasize DLC development. So these next couple years could certainly be interesting for Smash Ultimate. We'll just have to wait and see.

Video predicting Piranha Plant : at 6:14.

Video of Two Year Rumor

TL:DR: IamSwifty says the DLC for Smash will be supported for Smash for two years. He also ended up leaking Piranha Plant.

Of course keep the motto of be skeptical until there's evidence.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
But we also didn't have any actual leakers like Vergeben or Hitagi for Sm4sh. Our leaks came from non-leakers like Vaan/Ninka and Gematsu. These people build reputations for having insider information, and Smash is the holy grail of that.
I'd say Gematsu was a real leaker. He just had outdated info. He was basically right on all but two characters.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well this is interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...e_might_get_a_season_2_of_smash_ultimate_dlc/

Now... I know this might be a bit early to speculate on... but there might actually be some sort of substance to this potentially being a reality.
So for those who don't know, Smash Ultimate's Fighters Pass is suppose to wrap up around February of 2020. The pass contains 5 fighters, stages, and loads of music that will be released sporadically up to that point after the game's launch. We don't know the contents of it yet, other than the pre-order bonus. Which is a Mii Fighter costume based off of Rex and Pyra.
However, in this case, we need to take a look at the timeframe because that's when things become very interesting.
Before even DLC was announced, a YouTuber going by the online username IAmShifty has said that according to what he heard, Smash Ultimate is going to get downloadable content support for about Two Years. Which is a longer timeframe than games normally have.
Well... if you calculate the timeframe from the launch of the game to February 2020, you get 1 year and 3 months. Which is significantly less than 2 years.
That makes for two possibilities. On one hand, IAmShifty might have gotten some information mixed up, which is entirely possible. Or, if this piece of information is definitive, then it could mean that there's plans in the pipeline for more content after this first season pass.
Now, normally I would personally avoid rumors like this as always... but this person perfectly described the reveal of Piranha Plant before it was even announced (at 6:14 in video). Which... similar to Gematsu predicting the Wii Fit Trainer... raises some eyebrows. So... it's definitely something that... while I'd still take this with a grain of salt and hype responsibly... maybe keep in the back of your minds as a potential option Nintendo might go for.
Especially here lately with Nintendo trying to emphasize DLC development. So these next couple years could certainly be interesting for Smash Ultimate. We'll just have to wait and see.

Video predicting Piranha Plant : at 6:14.

Video of Two Year Rumor

TL:DR: IamSwifty says the DLC for Smash will be supported for Smash for two years. He also ended up leaking Piranha Plant.

Of course keep the motto of being skeptical until there's evidence.
This is fascinating
I'm listening to the video and he ABSOLUTELY means PP even calling him a "plant monster"

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
Could it be safe to say that nintendo picked a metroid prime 4 character to promote the game just before launch? Since people dread the thought of FE 3 houses chara...

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, Cloud doesn't bring anything new to the table because he just uses a sword and he was just put into Smash to promote upcoming FF games on Switch.
you can sperg out as much as you want, but it won't change the fact that Lara would look even goofier than Snake running around a platform fighter and using realistic firearms (or whatever dumb alternative they give to her because she can't even use guns that look too realistic unlike bayonettas).

to each his own, I guess, but somehow I'd like another swordfighter compared to bang bang gun lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom