• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yet there wasn't a peep about Bayo, or Cloud, or any of the DLC really besides Roy and Ryu who were leaked by Nintendo.

This can be explained by times changing I'm sure but it's very odd.
Cloud got leaked by a guy on ResetEra, but no one actually believed him because lol it's Cloud.

I'm not remembering much of the DLC speculation because I wasn't here. But that was also DLC that was decided on after the game was done, so the full team likely knows the characters. DLC dev teams are smaller, so it would be harder for Bayo/Corn/Lucas to get out, but I still feel confident in saying it happened due to my understanding of how the industry works.

D

Deleted member

Golden I've seen ya here for 4 years so I'm trusting you not to shlap around Geno

Jade's cool she is pretty and has nice hair so I wouldn't mind her
Context is strictly DQ. So despite my personal dislike of Geno, I'm not saying one thing or the other about him here. :V

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Cloud got leaked by a guy on ResetEra, but no one actually believed him because lol it's Cloud.

I'm not remembering much of the DLC speculation because I wasn't here. But that was also DLC that was decided on after the game was done, so the full team likely knows the characters. DLC dev teams are smaller, so it would be harder for Bayo/Corn/Lucas to get out, but I still feel confident in saying it happened due to my understanding of how the industry works.
Ah good point. Worth nothing that was the weirdest hint ever. Never said Cloud by name. Doesn't really change anything though.

Even then, the DLC was not leaked.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay so backtracking here,

Hitagi is saying the SE rep is from DQ?
Hitagi hasn't said anything definite about the SE rep, but said he did hear about a DQ character potentially being in.

I'd be willing to bet that similar to Verge not having Katalina sources, Hitagi doesn't have as many SE sources, as he seems to have only heard about a DQ rep(s) and maybe Lara Croft, compared to Verge who has a list.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Arigarmy: There will probably be a Season 2 of DLC if it sells well enough

They have no reason not to.
I already am.

People are taking the "all DLC" thing too bluntly.
90% of the people: No way! It says all of the DLC! That's it, only the five!
*some random says there might be a season 2*

90% of the people: Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Arigarmy: There will probably be a Season 2 of DLC if it sells well enough

90% of the people: No way! It says all of the DLC! That's it, only the five!
*some random says there might be a season 2*

90% of the people:View attachment 177029
Replace Arigarmy with "a decent chunk of the thread"

I know you and your notorious and honestly beloved ego but Ariga this ain't your trademarked thought lol the reason people are giving this any thought is due to the source who was informed of PP in advance

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm not, actually.

-DQXI is huge.
-Jade is the Isabelle of the game.
-Crossovers ignore the Heroes in favor of the popular side party members.

The last point is why I don't take the idea of Erdrick or Eight or whoever seriously.
But will it be Jade that gets in? Hard to say one way or the other. But she's the one I feel has the best odds with DLC talks now that DQXI has had exposure.
OH, in that case,
gonna have to disagree with you on that.

-DQ11 released too recently for its impact to matter
-Jade is popular, but she certainly didn't become the mascot of the series like Isabelle did for AC, plus DQ already has its own mascot and plenty of popular side characters as is.
-The only crossover I've seen that happen in is Dragon Quest Heroes, which has its own "main protagonist" stand in, two of them. DQ as a whole doesn't crossover often, but I do know Theatrhythm has DQ protagonists.

I don't see it happening, though I guess if Ninty played their cards right, it's a slim possibility.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah so ZeRo apperantly made a early "tier list" or at least a ranking list of which characters he thought where the best in Ultimate. I know he now thinks Pikachu is the best, but am curious about the rest.

Roberk

Smash Champion

It's nice going to bed knowing that we will be able to own and play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in just 4 weeks. So close yet so far.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah so ZeRo apperantly made a early "tier list" or at least a ranking list of which characters he thought where the best in Ultimate. I know he now thinks Pikachu is the best, but am curious about the rest.
I'm glad he put Chrom and Mac in "great with terrible recovery", because it's honestly all you need to say. They are on a tier of their own, because against other low tiers they'd dominate. But that doesn't work in a traditional system so back down the low tier mains I go. :shyguy:

Also Olimar coming back to claim the throne after a decade of training is a hilarious concept.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
torneko would own

everyone expecting some puppet or teenboy with a sword buts its just fat dad who loves his wife's sandwhiches and got rich from selling loot he found
Would main no lie.

Katalina/Steve/Erdrick doesn't seem like a very Sakurai group of newcomers, nor does it seem like a very Nintendo group of newcomers, at least to me. I feel like we're severely lacking something, or are otherwise being led astray, at least personally.
I dunno man, they’re all characters nobody wants most people don’t desire, sounds pretty Sakurai/Nintendo-y to me.:troll:

EDIT: Aaaaand, as usual my replies are late as hell thanks to everyone replying so fast...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Smash 4's CSS was still ****ed up even with all the DLC, and honestly, I think more stages would be good to bring an update to the stage selection screen because... Oof. While I'm super appreciative, man that selection screen is an intimidating monster. Definitely could be fixed a tiny bit.
CSS organization could’ve been way better...that is all

LetterO

Smash Lord
1/3 of my mains are top tier, 1/3 are mid tier, and 1/3 are low tier. However, I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt. Not only has he not actually had a hands on experience with the full game, but the game isn't out yet and he's just been judging based on gameplay he's seen. I'm gonna wait until the game's out before being sad that Dedede and Bowser Jr. are low tier.

D

Deleted member

In light of all this DLC talk, I made this funny meme. Smash that notification bell for more great content.

smash emme.png

SuperSmashLover

Smash Cadet
If you ask me, we really don't even need "someone to leak info" on this when it feels all but confirmed.

When Nintendo themselves said back during their investors meeting that they wanna push more huge updates via DLC and other means to their "big titles", which no doubt would be games like Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Smash Ultimate, etc., it feels like it'd be wrong to just have one cycle of DLC for Smash.

If anything, I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2's Torna Expansion was a test of that, and it worked pretty damn well for the most part. Did they market the expansion like ****ing crazy? Yeah lol Hell, it might just help Rex & Pyra's chances in Smash and that whole Rex Mii Costume section was another elaborate ruse.

I just can't see Smash Ultimate sticking with 5 sets of DLC where the Switch is their most successful console at the moment and they've went on record saying they wanna push DLC more than ever.
THIS^^

On top of the fact that they have gone on record saying they expect the lifespan of the Switch to be closer to 10 years. It would be a waste to only have 2 years of Smash DLC though imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom