• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
two sets of five dlc would almost make up for some stinkers like steve and granblue lady

almost

D

Deleted member

OH, in that case,
gonna have to disagree with you on that.

-DQ11 released too recently for its impact to matter
-Jade is popular, but she certainly didn't become the mascot of the series like Isabelle did for AC, plus DQ already has its own mascot and plenty of popular side characters as is.
-The only crossover I've seen that happen in is Dragon Quest Heroes, which has its own "main protagonist" stand in, two of them. DQ as a whole doesn't crossover often, but I do know Theatrhythm has DQ protagonists.

I don't see it happening, though I guess if Ninty played their cards right, it's a slim possibility.
Fortune Street features no Heroes.
Slime is the only DQ character present in Mario Sports Mix.
And...
-looks up other crossovers-

....well ****, other Idataki Streets did have Heroes.

NineS

Smash Lord
In light of all this DLC talk, I made this funny meme. Smash that notification bell for more great content.

View attachment 177031
Pft, FOOL! You think that's something?
The guy on the left of this image taught me all of the above and beyond!

NOTE: This is a perfectly SFW image. Weird, sure, but I assure you in context this makes complete sense.
EDIT: I lied, in context, this doesn't make any sense at all.

If 2B gets into this game I will go ballistic not gonna lie
In a negative manner/QUOTE]
For some reason this post gives me hope and satisfaction, despite it hating on my most wanted.
2Ballistic or not 2Ballistic. That is the question.

For what it's worth, I will also go Ballistic. In a good way... For me. Probably not good for others, though. Happiness overloads do not do well with me.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
You know, even if Sora gets in, there's a chance to get SOME TWEWY content. Depends how nice Square is about it.

This is damn good even if I prefer the Final Remix version.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
THIS^^

On top of the fact that they have gone on record saying they expect the lifespan of the Switch to be closer to 10 years. It would be a waste to only have 2 years of Smash DLC though imo.
Agree, this way they can spread out the characters. And have more chances to include more 3rd party representatives. Lets say Bandai Namco does not get a second rep in the first fighters pass they can get one in the second fighters pass

Bionichute

Smash Champion
The air wouldn't just become radioactive.

I would self-implode from hype alone, and take anyone and anything within a radius of 5 meters with me.
here's something important though

you need to consider the possibility of her not getting in, and how you'll react to that

D

Deleted member

Agree, this way they can spread out the characters. And have more chances to include more 3rd party representatives. Lets say Bandai Namco does not get a second rep in the first fighters pass they can get one in the second fighters pass
I can't see Bandai Namco not getting a rep for this Fighters Pass cycle, IMO. At this point and time, they would've made THREE Smash Bros. games. Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U and now Smash Ultimate. The fact they only have Pac-Man and the terrible Pac-Land stage should give Namco some leeway to have at the very least another character.

If they don't, it'd kinda feel like a bigger betrayal than Ultima 9: Ascension.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Hey everyone! Been a lurker for some time (though that seems to be a trend on Smash Boards) and I decided to go ahead and make an account! Still fixing up my main page and what not, but am happy to meet everyone and look forward to getting to know the good folks of the smash community!!

December 7th can't come soon enough!! :)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey everyone! Been a lurker for some time (though that seems to be a trend on Smash Boards) and I decided to go ahead and make an account! Still fixing up my main page and what not, but am happy to meet everyone and look forward to getting to know the good folks of the smash community!!

Hi, welcome!!! :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I can't see Bandai Namco not getting a rep for this Fighters Pass cycle, IMO. At this point and time, they would've made THREE Smash Bros. games. Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U and now Smash Ultimate. The fact they only have Pac-Man and the terrible Pac-Land stage should give Namco some leeway to have at the very least another character.

If they don't, it'd kinda feel like a bigger betrayal than Ultima 9: Ascension.
I agree, it would be greatly unfair to Bandai Namco to sit and watch all the other 3rd party companies get a second representative. And they do not get one despite working on the game.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Wait wait wait
Is that a Geno icon in your sig

AND a cute Rosalina icon

Welcome you are amazing

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308

Glad to have you on board! I lurk a lot around here myself even after making an account. But everyone here is pretty fun and friendly. I'm sure you'll love it here as much as I have~

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh snap! You've got Best Buy on your side DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon ! There's no way you can lose!
Unfortunately it's not Best Buy leaking anything though, which is what I thought it might be.

Welcome to hell Smashboards! Enjoy the endless circular arguments and bitter resentment from some people your stay!

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
here's something important though

you need to consider the possibility of her not getting in, and how you'll react to that
You think I haven't thought of that yet?
If she didn't get in, here's my essential reaction:

"Darn... Meh, better luck next time I guess."
No disappointment, or let downs, or shock. Just apathy, or not really caring.
I've made it pretty clear that, by her not making it in, I'm not losing anything because I do not expect her to be in. I only want her in. However, by her getting in, I merely gain everything I've wanted out of Smash.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again.
I'll keep pushing for 2B, even if it seems meaningless. I have nothing to lose by hoping and pushing for her. All I have is to gain.
That isn't to say she doesn't have a chance. A chance that, since I first began pushing for her in the beginning of the Smash Ultimate cycle, has grown significantly in my eyes.

Unlike the Isaac and Shadow fans, who met their disconfirmations with complete utter shock, disappointment, and sadness, or the Geno fans who saw the lack of Geno as something to potentially fear, or users on here who would feel a sense of loss if Geno didn't make it in...
I won't experience any of that. I already know it.
Zinith Zinith said it best at one point.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

Welcome friend, glad to have you here.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I agree, it would be greatly unfair to Bandai Namco to sit and watch all the other 3rd party companies get a second representative. And they do not get one despite working on the game.
I think Namco's gonna make more money than any other company just by virtue of making this game haha
They already got their Pacboy in as well
I think they'll be okay

D

Deleted member

Hey you, I'm Scott!

what I do with money.png

D

Deleted member

I'm still of the belief this was all Camelot's fault, and not really Nintendo's. They've at this point become the "Mario Sports Production Team" and it's sad.
Don't get me wrong, Mario Tennis Aces looks pretty damn good, but still. What have they done in the past 15 years, really, aside from Mario sports games?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Date is a strong word but it went fine. She was kinda boring and it made me wish I would've stayed home to ****post
Well, the important thing is you did it. If you stayed home and ****posted you would never have known what might've happened.
Now that you know, you can peacefully ****post away.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
even if its ten dlc characters an 85 character roster would be ridiculous
Hey man, I'm all for the excess.

It's not like any Smash game has ever been well-balanced to begin with.

Plus, every character added has the slight chance it'd be a character I like.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
A Fortnite character would be the only thing capable of topping P. Plant.
+I get a character from a game I actually really like
+My brother can care about this roster other tham Inklings and maybe he would let me kick his ***
+Interesting moveset potential between all the weapons, traps and buildings.
+Pickaxe as a default weapon would be a new weapon type in Smash
+John Wick skin
+Smash fanbase gets salty
+People win't use "deserving" at all anymore because they would have to admit Fortnite deserved to get in and gamers can't do that for things they don't enjoy
+Best taunts in the game
+Tilted Towers stage would be dope
+First F2P series in Smash
+More broken than Smash 4 Bayo and Brawl MK combined
-I really can't think of a single music track it would have I don't think Fortnite even has music tbh
-No map drawing involved
I agree with everything! Actually they do have music when you get Tiers in the season pass.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like we're going to get only five characters and people are going to be like "just five? why not more? Sakurai said only five, so he surely must meant fifteen because he's such a troll!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom