• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Was the new Mario Tennis not really good?? I heard it was
I heard it was good, not great. But the complaints mainly stemmed from the story mode, which is the area more indicative of development capabilities regarding an RPG as opposed to whether they nailed the gameplay of the tennis or something.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Probably the engine. Air dodge was helping Yoshi a lot to escape combos. Your boi can't do that much now. Edgeguarding is also buffed, and Yoshi, in no game he's ever been in, doesn't like edges.

That's my take bro.

If ZeRo is right however, literally ALL my favorite characters except DK are Top or High Tier. Diddy is ridiculous, as always, but K.Rool, IKE and Mewtwo are also very good, and I've seen that from actual footage. So I might just swap DK for K.Rool, and play DK whenever am winning too much. I am also QUITE hyped to try Pikachu once again honestly, as well as Young Link.
Actually my boi's armor was helping him escape combos, and he still has that as far as I'm aware. Also he has a lot of edgeguarding tools on his own, and considering that the 2 new things (eggs bouncing and reverse Down B ledge grab) will help him in edgeguarding, he'll be fine. Also I've been hearing good things about his neutral...

What's worrying me is what the specs are on his shield (in terms of frame data and such). I've not gotten any info from the Yoshi Discord or Reddit or anywhere, and I find that odd...

Bionichute

Smash Champion
one of the big things is that it took multiple updates for them to add in the ability to automatically retry story levels

which is, frankly, insane

D

Deleted member

you really get it
Mario Power Tennis soft revealed Shy Guy's face, so that alone makes Smash Ultimate a crap game.

OH, BY THE WAY, SHOUTOUTS TO ANYONE WHO REMEMBERED THE MCDONALDS PROMO TOYS FOR MARIO POWER TENNIS. I HAD ALL OF THESE AND EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS GODLIKE.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mewtwo is related to cats?
I don't play Pokemon so if this is something painfully obvious people have known for ages... then uh... ignore.
Well it's a clone of Mew, and Mew gets it's name from "mew" which is a Japanese version of "meow". Mew is a cat, so Mewtwo is a cat.

R O F L

Smash Ace
From what I've seen, Mario Tennis Aces looks to at least be the second best Mario Tennis game, at least in neck and neck with the N64 Mario Tennis game.

Mario Power Tennis is still the ****ing godlike of godlike games. You Smash players are a bunch of *******, y'all need to play MPT. REAL ESPORTS ****.
I own NPC Mario Power Tennis and somehow I can't beat normal level CPUs.
Either I suck at tennis or my wii remote just hates me.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Mario Power Tennis soft revealed Shy Guy's face and made me, so that alone makes Smash Ultimate a crap game.

OH, BY THE WAY, SHOUTOUTS TO ANYONE WHO REMEMBERED THE MCDONALDS PROMO TOYS FOR MARIO POWER TENNIS. I HAD ALL OF THESE AND EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS GODLIKE.

View attachment 177040
Jesus, that Yoshi toy on the left. And I thought what he did in the ACTUAL GAME was nightmare fuel...

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Well it's a clone of Mew, and Mew gets it's name from "mew" which is a Japanese version of "meow". Mew is a cat, so Mewtwo is a cat.
The word "mew" isn't Japanese. Mew is kitten sound. As opposed to meow which is cat sound.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Jesus, that Yoshi toy on the left. And I thought what he did in the ACTUAL GAME was nightmare fuel...

I think it's like, the third time I see this just last month.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Never put much thought into it but I can kinda see that.
Honestly I don't know much about animals. I only recently learned that the plural for Octopus isn't Octopi.
I adore animals, I can't learn enough about them. It's ironic, because i've never personally had an animal. Pets are a no-no where I live.

The word "mew" isn't Japanese. Mew is kitten sound. As opposed to meow which is cat sound.
alas, it appears i've been japed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Quick question?
Sorry for being an uncultured swine, but.. What is team Tri-star?
Sorry for answering a question, with a question, but...
Are you a fan of Dragon Ball Z Abridged?
if so, it's very likely you're a tri-star.

Last edited:

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Quick question?
Sorry for being an uncultured swine, but.. What is team Tri-star?

No No, you aren't! It's basically a reference from Team Four Star (Youtubers with DBZ abridged and other series) and Krillin had a comment when they were in the Frieza ark noting him, Gohan and an angry Vegeta were a team, called team three star. (Though my name is more of a combination of my favorite series, Triforce aka Legend of Zelda, Starman from Super Mario Series and Gamer is self-explanatory lol) Team Three Star!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not an expert on them, but I know the plural for reptile is reptiles.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
alas, it appears i've been japed.
japanese for meow is "nyan", while japane for mew is "nya". mew's english name is a transliteration of its japanese name, myu, and nobody is really sure where that comes from

As long as he's cute doing it...

Besides, who'd be willing to do him in if not even Luigi can take him on? :yoshi:

You notice how you never directly battle a Yoshi in the main games and rpgs? hint hint
tax fraud is never cute

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
japanese for meow is "nyan", while japane for mew is "nya". mew's english name is a transliteration of its japanese name, myu, and nobody is really sure where that comes from
I know about Nyan, but I coulda sworn "mew" was another Japanese term. Like how dogs can go "bark" or "woof" in english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom