• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Hey man, I'm all for the excess.

It's not like any Smash game has ever been well-balanced to begin with.

Plus, every character added has the slight chance it'd be a character I like.
oh obviously it'd be good, it'd just be

Wow

I'm still of the belief this was all Camelot's fault, and not really Nintendo's. They've at this point become the "Mario Sports Production Team" and it's sad.
Don't get me wrong, Mario Tennis Aces looks pretty damn good, but still. What have they done in the past 15 years, really, aside from Mario sports games?
well they did this

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I think Namco's gonna make more money than any other company just by virtue of making this game haha
They already got their Pacboy in as well
I think they'll be okay
I mean financially wise Bandai Namco will be really well off. I still think Bandai Namco will push for a second rep, but we will have to wait and see.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
God i hope i am not messing up the messaging, but I THINK i've seen it long enough to not be too bad at it lol

Oh and you can call me Tristar for short, pretty much have that for all my nintendo related names.

Hi, welcome!!! :yoshi:
Ah, the legendary Zinith! Pleasure to have Mr Yoshi Munchakoopas welcome me :D

Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!
Hi Noipo! I've seen your art, and omg is it great! Lovely style ^_^

Great Scotts! It's...you! No but seriously thank you :) Pleasure to meet ya!

Wait wait wait
Is that a Geno icon in your sig

AND a cute Rosalina icon

Welcome you are amazing
Aww thank you! Rosalina is my favorite character, Geno is a chidhood love (played Super Mario RPG when i was 4) and while i am well aware of Geno's chances being slim, it would still be a childhood dream! I am not too picky tbh. I already have my favorites in smash (my profile should have them, working on getting them in the sig or something lol)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
God i hope i am not messing up the messaging, but I THINK i've seen it long enough to not be too bad at it lol

Oh and you can call me Tristar for short, pretty much have that for all my nintendo related names.

Aww thank you! Rosalina is my favorite character, Geno is a chidhood love (played Super Mario RPG when i was 4) and while i am well aware of Geno's chances being slim, it would still be a childhood dream! I am not too picky tbh. I already have my favorites in smash (my profile should have them, working on getting them in the sig or something lol)
Enjoy your stay here.
You're going to find your fair share of obsessed weirdos.

And I'm one of them.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
if we get ten dlc characters then we would have 80 numbered characters, 85 slots, and 87 actual different characters

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He put my boi SO low even though I have no clue how he'd justify that
Probably the engine. Air dodge was helping Yoshi a lot to escape combos. Your boi can't do that much now. Edgeguarding is also buffed, and Yoshi, in no game he's ever been in, doesn't like edges.

That's my take bro.

If ZeRo is right however, literally ALL my favorite characters except DK are Top or High Tier. Diddy is ridiculous, as always, but K.Rool, IKE and Mewtwo are also very good, and I've seen that from actual footage. So I might just swap DK for K.Rool, and play DK whenever am winning too much. I am also QUITE hyped to try Pikachu once again honestly, as well as Young Link.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Who's to say a second fighter pass HAS to have 5 fighters? Maybe a second one will only have 3. If anything having 8 DLC characters would work since that would mean 83 slots, which would fit nicely into a 6x14 roster once you add in the random slot.

Not that Smash has to have a perfectly shaped roster screen, but still.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Enjoy your stay here.
You're going to find your fair share of obsessed weirdos.

And I'm one of them.
Pfffft I saw what was going on when...the MEAN one was being a ****head lol. Glad that's over.

But no really, I'm pretty chill, I don't see the point in having big fights for something like this, gaming or not, we are all people with a common interest, and i believe that is enough to help build a bond between us. :)

Ten dlc characters means one of them could be Geno.

You.
I like you.
You're on the next poster, which will be made sometime in the middle of 2019.
>_< gosh that's sudden...but too kind! I definitely would never push anyone to do anything extra or anything, but it would certainly be an honor :)

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

Welcome, by the way!
Please, do not mind me. I'm just your friendly neighborhood weirdo who really like's this guy:
thought.png
And also really wants 2B for Smash.

Welcome to the boards! Enjoy your stay! we hope you don't regret it like many of us have.
And remember, support whoever you want to support!

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Watch BestBuy accidentally leak something about Sora being in the game.
That would be really funny, BestBuy have leaked or sold things before they were supposed to be released. They sold the unannounced Chromecast to a customer and they accidently leaked the Skyrim special edition for the Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm still of the belief this was all Camelot's fault, and not really Nintendo's. They've at this point become the "Mario Sports Production Team" and it's sad.
Don't get me wrong, Mario Tennis Aces looks pretty damn good, but still. What have they done in the past 15 years, really, aside from Mario sports games?
I figure Camelot would make another Golden Sun if given the chance, but after Dark Dawn Nintendo probably sees the Mario sports games as much safer bets. They are the ones commissioning it. And they might be right. But classic-style RPGs have proven to be profitable what with Octopath, so I'd love if they could give them another shot. One below average entry is pretty harsh justification for putting a previously profitable series on ice.

Though I'm unsure if the confidence in Camelot is there these days. They haven't made a stellar game in a while afaik.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
So, I notice we have a few dogs,
:ultisabelle::ultlucario::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultwolf:

But we need more cats,
:ultincineroar::ultmewtwo:

If you're talking about the nerd that makes actual content worth sitting through and watching the ads, then yes!:nifty:
That’s awesome! I didn’t think that’s you here on SmashBoards.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I figure Camelot would make another Golden Sun if given the chance, but after Dark Dawn Nintendo probably sees the Mario sports games as much safer bets. They are the ones commissioning it. And they might be right. But classic-style RPGs have proven to be profitable what with Octopath, so I'd love if they could give them another shot. One below average entry is pretty harsh justification for putting a previously profitable series on ice.

Though I'm unsure if the confidence in Camelot is there these days. They haven't made a stellar game in a while afaik.
Was the new Mario Tennis not really good?? I heard it was

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Hey everyone! Been a lurker for some time (though that seems to be a trend on Smash Boards) and I decided to go ahead and make an account! Still fixing up my main page and what not, but am happy to meet everyone and look forward to getting to know the good folks of the smash community!!

December 7th can't come soon enough!! :)
Oh, a member of Team Tri Star! HA-HA, YEAH!!!
Krillin.jpg

Welcome to the club! Enjoy your stay, and most importantly, don't let Zinith Zinith drink your Hetap!

D

Deleted member

From what I've seen, Mario Tennis Aces looks to at least be the second best Mario Tennis game, at least in neck and neck with the N64 Mario Tennis game.

Mario Power Tennis is still the ****ing godlike of godlike games. You Smash players are a bunch of *******, y'all need to play MPT. REAL ESPORTS ****.

R O F L

Smash Ace
So, I notice we have a few dogs,
:ultisabelle::ultlucario::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultwolf:

But we need more cats,
:ultincineroar::ultmewtwo:

That’s awesome! I didn’t think that’s you here on SmashBoards.
Mewtwo is related to cats?
I don't play Pokemon so if this is something painfully obvious people have known for ages... then uh... ignore.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
From what I've seen, Mario Tennis Aces looks to at least be the second best Mario Tennis game, at least in neck and neck with the N64 Mario Tennis game.

Mario Power Tennis is still the ****ing godlike of godlike games. You Smash players are a bunch of *******, y'all need to play MPT. REAL ESPORTS ****.
you really get it

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I really enjoyed Mario Tennis Aces, the tennis gameplay is quite solid, but i do believe the new mechanics for the trick shots and the special shots can be iffy in terms of the mechanic with the racket breaking.

I mean, i know i've had my fair share of matches where a BS special shot or improper input of a trickshot causes a point to be lost or a match for that matter.

Visuals are great, solid gameplay IMO, story isn't as wild as I was hoping (Had it's moment, but Power Tennis was just MWAH beautiful in terms of that amazing intro and personality the characters had), but wish the DLC had some more newer and fan faves (Pauline, Cappy, etc.) But otherwise, the content is the biggest detractor, but I'd say one of the best, easily top 3 Mario Tennis Games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom