• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
wait isnt the only thing that verge knows that its a squeenix character

how can they NOT be on the same page

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
But in regards to Smash Ultimate...

I've had my favorites in the game from 4 (:ultrosalina:) and King K Rool (:ultkrool:) as I generally like majority of the Characters, so I am by no means dissapointed by the Roster. In Fact, it's just so amazing to see so many in an already impressive game!

Even if Geno doesn't get in (I will keep that hope, while misplaced, I will respect whoever comes in i.e. Sora, DQ Rep/Slime, 2B (though this would be amazing plz and thanks), or whoever else, I am already quite happy with this roster and will thoroughly love this game!

I have the Smash Switch Bundle, Special Edition on Pre Order from Best Buy, and already took off from work on 12/7/18.

MY BODY IS REGGIE

Noipoi

Howdy!
But in regards to Smash Ultimate...

I've had my favorites in the game from 4 (:ultrosalina:) and King K Rool (:ultkrool:) as I generally like majority of the Characters, so I am by no means dissapointed by the Roster. In Fact, it's just so amazing to see so many in an already impressive game!

Even if Geno doesn't get in (I will keep that hope, while misplaced, I will respect whoever comes in i.e. Sora, DQ Rep/Slime, 2B (though this would be amazing plz and thanks), or whoever else, I am already quite happy with this roster and will thoroughly love this game!

I have the Smash Switch Bundle, Special Edition on Pre Order from Best Buy, and already took off from work on 12/7/18.

MY BODY IS REGGIE
You seem like a happy lad (lass?).
That's good, we could always use more happy guys :pikachu:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Btw, human are technically not monkeys, but we are apes. That's all I have time to say right now.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Foxes are not canines. They are a member of the Canidae Family, but "Canine" specifically refers to members of the Genus "Canis". Foxes are not in that genus. They are in Vulpes and are Vulpines.
they are as cute as dogs tho

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
He also has a list of the potential candidates from what I understand
I think the issue with this list is we will never really know until the actual reveal (if the VGA awards reveal for Square Enix) is real, and naturally Hitagi and Verg will not speak about these characters due to the crackdown from Square Enix on leaks and ensuring it is kept as secret as possible. Though, at this point, for me personally, I'll just wait for official news, speculating is fun for sure! I just can't go through the headache of what the Grinch BS did (I didn't believe it one way or another, while hopeful great choices, it was just showing how much the community wanted these characters).

Official news for me boys and girls till the end of DLC! :bobomb:

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So after giving it some thought, I thought of what would be the safest bet for a DLC roster chosen by Nintendo.

This was tough to make given that I had to let go of pre-perceived notions of what most wanted characters I previously assumed were shoo-ins, and with those out of the way I came up with this:

-Steve. Going off Verge’s Minecraft content comment, it’d be a smart move from Nintendo to choose Minecraft as dlc. The player base for that game is huge, and claiming first fighting game where a Minecraft character is playable could get tons of DLC buys from people outside of smash.

-Slime/Dragon Quest Rep. Assuming Verge’s square enix rep comment is true, it makes a lot of sense that Nintendo chooses a Dragon Quest character. Dragon Quest has very close ties with Nintendo, plenty of games coming out over the years, and having a character in smash is free advertisement for their current and future games.

-Poochy. A cute choice, and given the push that recent Yoshi games have given to the character I’d say that it’s a good choice to be bought by casuals and free advertisement for the recent Yoshi games.

-Mipha. A safe choice for Zelda fans, promotes breath of the wild too. She’d be a good choice for a lot of buys from hardcore Zelda fans. Aonuma’s favorite of the champions, so he’d likely give his two cents with Nintendo on what new Zelda rep to have.

-Euden. Representative for Dragalia Lost, which Nintendo has been pushing quite a bit. From what we know of leaks there may have been talks for a granblue character that fell through, and perhaps that’s because Nintendo switched focus to Dragalia and decided on that to be the newcomer instead.

Overall, these are just my opinions, but this would be worst-case scenario if we don’t get any highly requested characters as DLC. What do you all think, would you still be happy with this DLC? I personally think I’d like it, though I’d still be sad about Geno (not that I want to play him, just mentally gets rid of the last of the mental “big three” to be in smash)

NineS

Smash Lord
Never put much thought into it but I can kinda see that.
Honestly I don't know much about animals. I only recently learned that the plural for Octopus isn't Octopi.
It is. Sort of.
It's Octopi or Octopedes.
EDIT: Nevermind. It's octopuses.

i'm uninformed.
You know, I'm honestly kind of relieved to see that the person who replied to Hitagi was honest.
A handful of people I know would've taken advantage of him and said lied about him saying a few characters just to get some info out of Hitagi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm convinced Nintendo is just ****ing with my soul at this point with the sly jabs.

**** off, Nintendo. Please.

ALSO YOUR NEON RED JOYCONS AIN'T EVEN THAT RED.

Screenshot (1133).png

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So after giving it some thought, I thought of what would be the safest bet for a DLC roster chosen by Nintendo.

This was tough to make given that I had to let go of pre-perceived notions of what most wanted characters I previously assumed were shoo-ins, and with those out of the way I came up with this:

-Steve. Going off Verge’s Minecraft content comment, it’d be a smart move from Nintendo to choose Minecraft as dlc. The player base for that game is huge, and claiming first fighting game where a Minecraft character is playable could get tons of DLC buys from people outside of smash.

-Slime/Dragon Quest Rep. Assuming Verge’s square enix rep comment is true, it makes a lot of sense that Nintendo chooses a Dragon Quest character. Dragon Quest has very close ties with Nintendo, plenty of games coming out over the years, and having a character in smash is free advertisement for their current and future games.

-Poochy. A cute choice, and given the push that recent Yoshi games have given to the character I’d say that it’s a good choice to be bought by casuals and free advertisement for the recent Yoshi games.

-Mipha. A safe choice for Zelda fans, promotes breath of the wild too. She’d be a good choice for a lot of buys from hardcore Zelda fans. Aonuma’s favorite of the champions, so he’d likely give his two cents with Nintendo on what new Zelda rep to have.

-Euden. Representative for Dragalia Lost, which Nintendo has been pushing quite a bit. From what we know of leaks there may have been talks for a granblue character that fell through, and perhaps that’s because Nintendo switched focus to Dragalia and decided on that to be the newcomer instead.

Overall, these are just my opinions, but this would be worst-case scenario if we don’t get any highly requested characters as DLC. What do you all think, would you still be happy with this DLC? I personally think I’d like it, though I’d still be sad about Geno (not that I want to play him, just mentally gets rid of the last of the mental “big three” to be in smash)
If Mipha got in over Urbosa I'd probably cry

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I'm convinced Nintendo is just ****ing with my soul at this point with the sly jabs.

**** off, Nintendo. Please.

ALSO YOUR NEON RED JOYCONS AIN'T EVEN THAT RED.

View attachment 177041
Oh shoot, that is the Mario Odyssey Red Joycon I believe? I had the neon red and blue and it was not that dark. Looks sweet though

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Does anyone else hope Steve/Kataline/Fortnite/Goku get in smash just to see the salt and to see the whiners squirm?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay, but Mipha would easily be the most unbeatable character in the entire game, though.
Wouldn't you want Mipha's Grace saving you every moment?
Like how every time Bayonetta dodges an attack, she activates Witch Time on whole screen?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Does anyone else hope Steve/Kataline/Fortnite/Goku get in smash just to see the salt and to see the whiners squirm?
No, and it’s getting just as obnoxious tbh.

I understand why salt can be amusing but the fact that people want others to be disappointed so they can find a reason to make fun of fans for not getting their characters and call them ungrateful is what irks the hell out of me.

This was the unfortunate outcome of the Grinch leak being fake.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have to keep consciously reminding myself we're not talking about the Poochy who died on the way back to his home planet.

I'd rather have that one, I think. He was rad. \m/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom