• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would actually be surprised if an MC for Dragon Quest was used, I can't recall Square-Enix ever using the MCs for any crossover, they usually use the more popular side-characters.
I'd kinda like for them to use Jade from Dragon Quest XI. She uses martial arts and a naginata, could be an interesting character gameplay-wise and she seems to be the Jessica of her game, popularity-wise.
View attachment 176982
Pretty good reason for that, without their backstories every DQ main lead is basically the same character a blank slate. It usually the colorful characters in the party that define each game over the MC. Dragon Quest has a lot neat characters I could see them using, Jade included. Makes it hard to choose one to support.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What if, and this is a really big if,

I mean, the biggest if imaginable,

Seriously, you'll think I'm crazy,

Nintendo bought Geno?

Furthermore, we get both him and Slime?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
What if, and this is a really big if,

I mean, the biggest if imaginable,

Seriously, you'll think I'm crazy,

Nintendo bought Geno?

Furthermore, we get both him and Slime?
more trouble than its worth for a character they won't really use in anything besides smash bros

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hitagi sayz, in response to the SE rep...

You will definitely be fimiliar with the character if any of the supposed characters are true

No idea what to think at this point.
Assuming that everything Hitagi is saying is true (and I'm still skeptical of that as of right now):
-Doesn't seem to be Geno
-Doesn't seem to be Sora
-All of the supposed characters on the list are fairly well-known

So by that logic, I'm thinking either:
- Another Final Fantasy rep
- Lara Croft

I'm hesitant on putting an DQ rep on there, although the series is popular, I don't really think there's a character that's well-known throughout the gaming community; Slime is probably the closest though.

*Despite Hitagi's decent credibility as a leaker, I always try to take info from leakers with a grain of salt. *

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I tried to get into Kingdom Hearts in the hype of Sora possibly being in.

I have to say, in terms of crossovers, it rivals Smash. Smash in terms of the huge scale, and Kingdom Hearts in terms of how damn crazy it is.

Smash Bros is a god tier crossover, but it'd make sense for Nintendo to crossover all their characters.

Who's idea was it to combine Square-Enix and Disney?

The entire franchise seems so surreal. Look at this image and tell me this isn't weird to see in the same game.

Regardless, I like the games, and I'll be pretty hype if Sora gets in.
Kingdom Hearts was created as the result of an elevator conversation. Disney of Japan and Square Enix share (or shared) the same office building, and one day two employees got on the same elevator and said "lol wouldn't it be cool if we crossed Disney and Final Fantasy?"

And thus, Kingdom Hearts was born.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Dragon Quest has a lot neat characters I could see them using, Jade included. Makes it hard to choose one to support.
I'm glad I only have a handful I really want to support, given my usual habits.

I will continue to Bubpost until you all realize who the best Square rep is
I would laugh and be glad if he turned out to be the SE character in the end.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Kingdom Hearts was created as the result of an elevator conversation. Disney of Japan and Square Enix share (or shared) the same office building, and one day two employees got on the same elevator and said "lol wouldn't it be cool if we crossed Disney and Final Fantasy?"

And thus, Kingdom Hearts was born.
I know, rhetorical question. But the fact that that's actually how the series happened adds on to how damn crazy the franchise is.

Calane

Smash Ace
I said it a long time ago, but it would be such a Sakurai thing to include a character simply named "Hero" and have the skins be different Heros from the series over the years.
I think that's a good idea, but the heroes of Dragon Quest aren't as interchangeable as many people think. Some are taller than others, some are more built, some are shorter, some are skinnier. Heck, even their mannerisms are different, going by how they're usually portrayed in art pictures and whatnot. For example, you wouldn't see Abel posing like Auster. Contrary to popular belief, most of the heroes actually give off a different vibe compared to one another, but they don't speak, so it's probably just in my head. Take a look for yourself:

Example.JPG These guys don't feel the same at all. Silent protagonists do sometimes give off character via animations, design, and the way people interact with them in game. Most of the DQ heroes feel different from each other because of this, at least in the games that I've played.

I feel like an idea like that would only work for the first three heroes; Erdrick and his decedents. From 4 on up, it's a little hard to see them all acting, posing, and fighting like each other. That's the main reason I can't fully get behind the idea of having all the heroes as alts. What we need is one hero to represent them all, and I firmly believe Erdrick is that hero.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know what the worst thing about a DQ Rep getting in would be?

It would mean that Spawn Wave loses his streak and that LeakyPandy has some credibility.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey wait if Nintendo chose the DLC to be in Smash doesn't that mean they also chose :ultpiranha:

D

Deleted member

So, on the topic of SE characters, anyone have any Tomb Raider games to recommend?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm having a dilemma. Tinder date just invited me over but I want to keep ****posting on Smashboards. wat do?
Do both at the same time and say it's your business.
******* love a good entrepreneur.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I got Dragon Quest XI today and I gotta say...it is very nostalgic to play! The sound design, the music, it is pretty wonderful.

Though it did really make me thing...How the **** would Slime work in Smash!? Would it be a totem pole of them fighting?

Would we see it with a sword, shield and bandana on?! I cannot for the life of see it working.

And yes "But Piranha Plant!". I will say, PP has changed over the years from being stationary, walking, in a pot, humanoid, etc.

Where Slime has just kind of....stayed the same? If that makes any sense. I would love to see Sakurai pull it off IF that is our Rep, but thinking on it, I just cant see it.

Anyhoo, anything exciting new happened?

cothero

Smash Lord
Hey wait if Nintendo chose the DLC to be in Smash doesn't that mean they also chose :ultpiranha:
“Because he's the character smash deserves, but not the one we voted on the ballot. So we'll burn him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our Geno. He's a joke character, a Miyamoto creation. A Piranha Plant.”

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
The real question is if we get a Dragon Quest rep who would it be.

Most likely's

Erdrick
Dragon Quest 8 Hero
Dragon Quest 11 Hero
Slime
Jade or Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom