• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Just imagine moments after Ultimate releases, we get a Grinch leak 2.0 with the DLC mural showing Sora, Rayman, Bandana Dee, Spyro, and Crash as the 5 Fighters Pack.

And unlike the previous one, it’s more convincing being less blurry and having “proof” being taken a Nintendo HQ with the leaker impersonating an intern.

In seriousness, I’d love to see a DQ character in Smash, never played the series but I’m willing to if a fighter.
if you like classic rpgs, i recommend them, all of them are incredibly good

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we don't get Geno, Slime would be the only other SE character I'd actually care about despite not playing Dragon Quest. Maybe Crono, too, but he's in the same situation as Slime for me, and I'm interested in Chrono Trigger mainly because of Robo.

I'd be fine with other characters, though.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Current Predictions:
  • The closest we'll get to Trunks in Smash (Erdrick)
  • "I Love It" by Lillliam Pumpernickel and Kanyee (Steve)
  • That one company that made that Pac-Man guy (Namco rep)
  • Hat Goomba (Bandanna Dee)
  • Not Rex (Elma)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Every time I see someone mention Slime, it irks me. Just a little bit.

Please let it be an actual DQ character (preferably a hero, whom I feel represent the main series the best).
I said it a long time ago, but it would be such a Sakurai thing to include a character simply named "Hero" and have the skins be different Heros from the series over the years.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So, of these possible DLC packs, which one would you get?

Possibility 1:
-Elma
-Sora
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Steve
-Dante

Possibility 2:
-Leon Kennedy
-Flynn
-Joker
-Lloyd Irving
-Doomguy

Possibility 3:
-Alm
-Zerazora
-Kataliana
-Banjo and Kazooie
-Erdrick

Possibility 4:
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Heihachi
-KOS MOS
-Monster Hunter
-Dovakiin
2 obviously. Although I wouldn't mind switching Flynn with Banjo or Elma.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have no idea what Fist of the North Star is not gonna lie

Oh okay that makes sense. I remember the break thing now I think. I'm definitely gonna play that mode every time I unlock a new character.
Ok, well, you know how Multi-man Melee has fighters that are really easy to launch on anything but Cruel, right?

New All-Star is pretty much that, you barely get to fight everyone for more than a few seconds, since they launch really easily as if they were Team Rocket.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
The only thing that I find interesting about the DLC right now is that how Nintendo is picking the characters. While I say it works well in the terms of fan-favorites (Geno, Banjo, Crash, etc), the rumored names that are being popped up is making it feel like Sakurai had a say in these picks as well and seems like he pitched the characters to Nintendo to get approval
I agree that he has a say, but "Square Enix character, Steve, and Katalina" seems very much like Nintendo marketing, and betting on the success of certain franchises and future collaborations with these companies.

D

Deleted member

I said it a long time ago, but it would be such a Sakurai thing to include a character simply named "Hero" and have the skins be different Heros from the series over the years.
I'd be fine with that. Best way to represent DQ through the years if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
i think theres some hypocrisy in this post
And I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy in /yours/

You snapped at someone yesterday for what could even be perceived as a genuine question about a Yokai Watch rep but are putting down other choices like this. Not that you can't do that-you totally can-but it's not a good look to go "heh well I don't care" right after.

You do you, just wanted to point that out. I'm sure I'm not much better myself, but hopefully you'll be better than me lol

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
That's what I am prediction for mainly. DQ 1 Hero with the next 7 Heroes as alts. Either that or Slime.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
This might be unpopular to say now but I doubt they'd add Slime immediately after Piranha Plant. Same role of Random Mook, cept Slime is from a series unrepped by anyone else...

However if a DQ Rep did get in it would be hard NOT to have Slime as the Franchise Logo.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
problem there is that not every hero in dragon quest is the same, so giving a single set to 11 of them wouldn't work out

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I agree that he has a say, but "Square Enix character, Steve, and Katalina" seems very much like Nintendo marketing, and betting on the success of certain franchises and future collaborations with these companies.
And by future collaborations, we could get...

IMG_20180701_131529.jpg

So really, ought to make the best out of a potentially undesired situation.

This is exactly what I'm expecting, and I would love for that to happen.

problem there is that not every hero in dragon quest is the same, so giving a single set to 11 of them wouldn't work out
He's not saying literally all of them though, some are obviously too short. :p

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I'm going for Tekken 7 btw. Some fighters there look neat. I'm definite I'll be bad at it though X)

So, here comes the hard talk.
1. Square rep: Slime. Stage: Slimeville or any recognizable DQ place. Music: DQ anthem.
Why? Geno's not making it, it's Ninty's call now. Sora, not making it. KHIII too far to realize and SQ still pushing for PS4, not gonna happen.
Slime is the answer to which DQ rep should join 1-11.

2. Microsft: Steve. Stage: Minecraft. Music: whatever numbness they play in that game.
Why? Banjo's trademark renewal is meant for the N64 mini. Unless Steve goes AT, then it's Banjo (not counting on it).
3DS based on MC, Survive together ad, leaks. Unfortunately all signs says Steve. Plus it's a Nintendo call even if Sakurai doesn't like it.. or fans.

3. Cygames: Katalina..
I know nothing and I wish not.
No clue on what the last will be but here goes..

*sorry: I'll go through those quick. Back in a few.

4. Ubi rep: Rayman. Satge: any from Rayman WiiU. Music. Any from that game.
Why? if Microsoft gets in, Ubi must.

5. Konami: Goemon. Stage: Edo town. Music: I'm Impact.
Why? Just a hunch.

Hmmm those are some very interesting picks and some good choices.

1) Sora from Kingdom Hearts, as the second Square representative. I do not believe Geno will be chose due to Square choosing characters that are current and that they can cross promote off of. I think Sora has a higher chance than a Dragon Quest character due to that he is more of a globally popular character. Compared to Dragon Quest whose majority of sales come from Japan, Kingdom Hearts receives most of its sales from more than one country. In dream drop distance the amount of copies sold between Japan and the USA was very close in number. This is why I think Square will choose Sora as aside from Cloud he is the next most globally popular character. As for stages I could see him coming with Destiny Islands and a remix version of the Destiny Islands theme.

2) Heihachi Mishima as the second Bandai Namco rep. It would be very odd for Bandai Namco to not have a second rep. Given that they are developing the game and will be the only 3rd party that does not have a second rep if Square gets another. It would make no sense that they would not tell Nintendo and Sakurai that they also want a second rep. The most logical choice I believe is Heihachi, we know Sakurai considered him when selecting the original Bandai Namco rep that eventually went to Pacman. At that time creating his moveset was too hard, but technology has improved and they have put characters with harder movesets in ex Bayonetta. Not to mention that he has already been in a similar fighter to Smash in Playstation All Stars. Also he is more relevant than LLoyd from Tales of Symphonia. As he has been in every Tekken game. For his stage I could see them choosing the Mishima Dojo. And for a song that he would come with I could see them choosing Abandoned Temple-Final Round.

3) Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses. It makes too much sense especially since Nintendo is choosing the picks for DLC. The last time they did this they added Corrin for Smash Wii U. With Fire Emblem Three Houses being scheduled for release in 2019, it only makes sense for them to want to cross promote. As for why Edelgard, despite not being the main character she is the one that stands out the most from the characters we have seen so far. Im sure Nintnedo is aware fans of Smash are annoyed of so many Fire Emblem characters, so they may trying adding a character with a non sword weapon. Edelgard would be interesting enough to make fans want to play as her, as she would bring a different move set compared to all the other Fire Emblem characters. She could alternate between sword and axe based attacks, or just be an axe user. As for stage she would come with, given that the Church of Serios is an important factor in Three houses. I can see her stage being some kind of church like stage. And as for music unfortunately we do not know enough about the game to choose music. If I had to choose so far I would it would be the trailer theme for Three Houses.

4) A Pokemon 2019 rep. This game is also scheduled to be released around sometime in 2019. And being one of the later DLC's and potentially being released around the same time as the game. I could see them wanting to cross promote by adding one of the Pokemon to Smash. This slot could potentially also go to a Metroid Prime 4 rep, we will have to wait and see. I do not believe Katalina will be added, I think Nintendo will want at least two of the 5 DLC's to be some of their characters. If Katalina was added the majority of the Fighter Pass DLC's will be third party's and given that Nintendo is choosing the characters I can see them wanting to at least have two of the five being their characters.

5) Steve from Minecraft, as the first representative for Microsoft. This one makes too much sense, given the high partnership between Microsoft and Nintendo. And if you take into account Vergeben saying Minecraft was in Smash in some way then it is most likely Steve will be one of the final characters. Though I prefer Banjo, Steve is more relative and is one of Microsofts big IP's. It would seem more likely they would push for him as he could help them cross promote. Banjo hasn't had a game since 2008, and unless Microsoft and Nintendo are planning a new Banjo game together I don't them wanting to push Banjo, as iconic as he is. As for stages I could see him coming with a basic Minecraft builder stage, with maybe some creepers as stage hazards. Finding a song for Steve was really hard, all the songs are either too soft or some sort of parody's. If I had to choose one it would be Aria Math, but it would seriously have to be remixed to give it more of an upbeat.

Destiny Islands theme

Abandoned Temple final Round

Fire Emblem Three Houses Trailer Theme

Minecraft Aria Math

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You know what would be the craziest thing?

Steve gets in but he’s completely redesigned to look more appealing and fitting alongside the cast.

He’s no longer a blocky textured model and is given a brand new fluid 3D model from the ground up, despite characters needing to be 100% faithful to their games, it was because Sakurai couldn’t make his regular design work with his main proportions.

How would you react to that?

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Ok, well, you know how Multi-man Melee has fighters that are really easy to launch on anything but Cruel, right?

New All-Star is pretty much that, you barely get to fight everyone for more than a few seconds, since they launch really easily as if they were Team Rocket.
I mean, I'm not sure we can say that with any certainty. We've barely seen any footage of it. Who says they won't be tougher than the standard multi-man enemies?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Steve gets in but he’s completely redesigned to look more appealing and fitting alongside the cast.

He’s no longer a blocky textured model and is given a brand new fluid 3D model from the ground up, despite characters needing to be 100% faithful to their games, it was because Sakurai couldn’t make his regular design work with his main proportions.

OH GOD I HATE THAT OH YUCKY ICKY OHHH NO NO NO

If Steve is in I will want nothing more, nothing less, than his blocky, expressionless self.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
What the heck is going on?
Well one guy is deflating everyones hopes, some people are talking DLC possibilites, some people are talking about Fist of the North Star, and I was talking about Ducks. Normal night for Smashboards if you ask me.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

Pretty ****ing disgusted tbh

Why get rid of everything that makes Steve, Steve? Leave my blocky Boi alone and let him be his cubicle self.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Aight, c'mere, bring your fellows with you too, you'd be needing this;
Thank you bro. It's much appreciated.

If a Dragon Quest character gets in over Sora I might dip out of the community for a bit to focus on my schoolwork
Hmmm those are some very interesting picks and some good choices.

1) Sora from Kingdom Hearts, as the second Square representative. I do not believe Geno will be chose due to Square choosing characters that are current and that they can cross promote off of. I think Sora has a higher chance than a Dragon Quest character due to that he is more of a globally popular character. Compared to Dragon Quest whose majority of sales come from Japan, Kingdom Hearts receives most of its sales from more than one country. In dream drop distance the amount of copies sold between Japan and the USA was very close in number. This is why I think Square will choose Sora as aside from Cloud he is the next most globally popular character. As for stages I could see him coming with Destiny Islands and a remix version of the Destiny Islands theme.

2) Heihachi Mishima as the second Bandai Namco rep. It would be very odd for Bandai Namco to not have a second rep. Given that they are developing the game and will be the only 3rd party that does not have a second rep if Square gets another. It would make no sense that they would not tell Nintendo and Sakurai that they also want a second rep. The most logical choice I believe is Heihachi, we know Sakurai considered him when selecting the original Bandai Namco rep that eventually went to Pacman. At that time creating his moveset was too hard, but technology has improved and they have put characters with harder movesets in ex Bayonetta. Not to mention that he has already been in a similar fighter to Smash in Playstation All Stars. Also he is more relevant than LLoyd from Tales of Symphonia. As he has been in every Tekken game. For his stage I could see them choosing the Mishima Dojo. And for a song that he would come with I could see them choosing Abandoned Temple-Final Round.

3) Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses. It makes too much sense especially since Nintendo is choosing the picks for DLC. The last time they did this they added Corrin for Smash Wii U. With Fire Emblem Three Houses being scheduled for release in 2019, it only makes sense for them to want to cross promote. As for why Edelgard, despite not being the main character she is the one that stands out the most from the characters we have seen so far. Im sure Nintnedo is aware fans of Smash are annoyed of so many Fire Emblem characters, so they may trying adding a character with a non sword weapon. Edelgard would be interesting enough to make fans want to play as her, as she would bring a different move set compared to all the other Fire Emblem characters. She could alternate between sword and axe based attacks, or just be an axe user. As for stage she would come with, given that the Church of Serios is an important factor in Three houses. I can see her stage being some kind of church like stage. And as for music unfortunately we do not know enough about the game to choose music. If I had to choose so far I would it would be the trailer theme for Three Houses.

4) A Pokemon 2019 rep. This game is also scheduled to be released around sometime in 2019. And being one of the later DLC's and potentially being released around the same time as the game. I could see them wanting to cross promote by adding one of the Pokemon to Smash. This slot could potentially also go to a Metroid Prime 4 rep, we will have to wait and see. I do not believe Katalina will be added, I think Nintendo will want at least two of the 5 DLC's to be some of their characters. If Katalina was added the majority of the Fighter Pass DLC's will be third party's and given that Nintendo is choosing the characters I can see them wanting to at least have two of the five being their characters.

5) Steve from Minecraft, as the first representative for Microsoft. This one makes too much sense, given the high partnership between Microsoft and Nintendo. And if you take into account Vergeben saying Minecraft was in Smash in some way then it is most likely Steve will be one of the final characters. Though I prefer Banjo, Steve is more relative and is one of Microsofts big IP's. It would seem more likely they would push for him as he could help them cross promote. Banjo hasn't had a game since 2008, and unless Microsoft and Nintendo are planning a new Banjo game together I don't them wanting to push Banjo, as iconic as he is. As for stages I could see him coming with a basic Minecraft builder stage, with maybe some creepers as stage hazards. Finding a song for Steve was really hard, all the songs are either too soft or some sort of parody's. If I had to choose one it would be Aria Math, but it would seriously have to be remixed to give it more of an upbeat.

Destiny Islands theme

Abandoned Temple final Round

Fire Emblem Three Houses Trailer Theme

Minecraft Aria Math
Sora's not coming home man. Dragon Quest makes more promotional sense given Dragon Quest XI S coming out soon and its prominence in Japan, which overshadows KH's worldwide popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom