• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My 25 character list
  1. Protector
  2. Bertrand(e)
  3. Raquna(e²)
  4. Highlander
  5. Fafnir Knight
  6. Gunner
  7. Frederica(e)
  8. War Magus
  9. Chloe(e)
  10. Ren
  11. Ronin(e)
  12. Farmer
  13. Landsknecht
  14. Landsknecht(e)
  15. Harbinger
  16. Pugilist
  17. Monk(e)
  18. Yggdroid
  19. Logre
  20. Imperial(e)
  21. Sovereign
  22. Arianna(e)
  23. Alchemist
  24. Warlock(e)
  25. Ragelope
What you guys think?

Don't worry, I know how it feels
*Cries in 101 tears*
**** off with this Ever Oasis bull****. Also why Landsknecht and not Dorpsbewoner or Boerenjongen?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I already pre-ordered physical Ultimate like two months ago (the hype got to me), how do I redeem gold points?
I need Audrey II.
Just press the + button in front of the screen of the game you want to redeem.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Man.

Between Incineroar & Ken being the final main newcomers, somebody apparently having a vid of an unknown character (Piranha Plant) in the hayfever before the Direct, and now the Minecraft content/Katalina/Square-Enix rep, Smash Ultimate's content would have to be one of the worst kept secrets ever if the DLC talk all turns out to be true.

Like, what's it gotta take for the dev team to prevent anything from getting out?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Stealth_ says Hitagi is lying, and that Vergeben hasn't actually received new info.

However I only saw this on another thread and I have no idea what this Stealth_ guy's deal is, though I remember his name being brought up before. I believe Vergeben more than him, but it still makes me wonder.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Stealth_ says Hitagi is lying, and that Vergeben hasn't actually received new info from insiders.

However I only saw this on another thread and I have no idea what this Stealth_ guy's deal is, though I remember his name being brought up before. I believe Vergeben more than him, but it still makes me wonder.
They're both lying.
:psycho:
The only person so far that has gotten enough right for me to trust them is Vergeben, and he says he hasn't heard anything about what Hitagi says.

D

Deleted member

Did any of you guys even watch the Direct where it said all you had to do was register your physical copy or?
**** off with this Ever Oasis bull****. Also why Landsknecht and not Dorpsbewoner or Boerenjongen?
Ever Oasis got deconfirmed with Spirits, this ain't it.
Also, those two are already in the game, you dummy.

StormC

Smash Hero
I have a little game to play.
Say, hypothetically, you were put in charge of the rest of the characters. You were told to choose 5 for Ultimate DLC, and then choose 20 more for future installments, bringing the character total to 100. Which 25 characters would "complete" the roster for you? (Please no judging other people's, it's their opinion.)
1. Rayman
2. Sora
3. Steve
4. Katalina
5. Edelgard
6. Geno
7. Banjo and Kazooie
8. Gunvolt
9. Chorus Kids
10. Giygas
11. Shade
12. Arle Nadja
13. Renamon
14. Spring Man
15. Bandana Dee
16. Waluigi
17. Isaac
18. Patra
19. Krystal
20. Balloon Fighter
21. Lottie (Isabelle Echo)
22. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
23. Zoroark (Lucario Echo)
24. Gooigi (Luigi Echo)
25. Zoe Trent
Not sure if this is going to catch on but whatever.
Five for DLC:
1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Dixie Kong
3. Bandana Dee
4. Dr. Eggman
5. Ganon

Future titles:
6. Waluigi
7. Spring-Man
8. Isaac
9. Bomberman
10. Lip
11. Captain Toad
12. Sora
13. Rayman
14. Zero
15. M. Bison
16. Cranky Kong
17. King Boo
18. Andy
19. Ryu Hayabusa
20. Dark Matter
21. Zack Fair (echo fighter)
22. Shadow (echo fighter)
23. Tom Nook (echo fighter)
24. Funky Kong (echo fighter)
25. Octoling (echo fighter)

Did I forget anyone? I considered having a placeholder for Pokemon/Fire Emblem/Xenoblade/Rhythm Heaven newcomers... but I wanted specific ones.

Shout out to King Boo and DJ Octavio (if he manages to reappear as the final boss again in Splatoon 3).

Pakky

Smash Hero
I don't know about you guys, but this talk of Katalina makes me want her in even more

Plot twist: they announce it on Thanksgiving day for release the following day to drive up crazy sales and media attention...
I'm so down making a moveset has been rough but I'm ready!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Did any of you guys even watch the Direct where it said all you had to do was register your physical copy or?

Ever Oasis got deconfirmed with Spirits, this ain't it.
Also, those two are already in the game, you dummy.
tbf that part of the direct was a bit unclear and it's been a week, not everyone is an addict and watches it daily
KOM DAN KUTWURM IK SLA JE OP JE GROVE BEK AANGEZIEN JE GEEN EENS BURGERMEESTER HEB

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Stealth_ says Hitagi is lying, and that Vergeben hasn't actually received new info.

Stealth is someone who is VERY VEEEERY not reliable sadly. Don't put any weight on his words.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
My 25 character list
  1. Protector
  2. Bertrand(e)
  3. Raquna(e²)
  4. Highlander
  5. Fafnir Knight
  6. Gunner
  7. Frederica(e)
  8. War Magus
  9. Chloe(e)
  10. Ren
  11. Ronin(e)
  12. Farmer
  13. Landsknecht
  14. Landsknecht(e)
  15. Harbinger
  16. Pugilist
  17. Monk(e)
  18. Yggdroid
  19. Logre
  20. Imperial(e)
  21. Sovereign
  22. Arianna(e)
  23. Alchemist
  24. Warlock(e)
  25. Ragelope
What you guys think?

Don't worry, I know how it feels
*Cries in 101 tears*
This Mediko erasure will not go unnoticed.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I don't know about you guys, but this talk of Katalina makes me want her in even more

Plot twist: they announce it on Thanksgiving day for release the following day to drive up crazy sales and media attention...
ive heard about day one DLC, but never heard of DLC launching before the game XD

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
ive heard about day one DLC, but never heard of DLC launching before the game XD
I was talking about the N64 Classic

If his track record is anything to go by... it seems that Stealth_ is the one that's lying
"What a twist!"

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Spongebob = Spawn_Wave
Patrick = Square-Enix
Squidward's house = Verge

Say, hypothetically, you were put in charge of the rest of the characters. You were told to choose 5 for Ultimate DLC, and then choose 20 more for future installments, bringing the character total to 100. Which 25 characters would "complete" the roster for you? (Please no judging other people's, it's their opinion.)
1. Rayman
2. Sora
3. Steve
4. Katalina
5. Edelgard
6. Geno
7. Banjo and Kazooie
8. Gunvolt
9. Chorus Kids
10. Giygas
11. Shade
12. Arle Nadja
13. Renamon
14. Spring Man
15. Bandana Dee
16. Waluigi
17. Isaac
18. Patra
19. Krystal
20. Balloon Fighter
21. Lottie (Isabelle Echo)
22. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
23. Zoroark (Lucario Echo)
24. Gooigi (Luigi Echo)
25. Zoe Trent
Not sure if this is going to catch on but whatever.
Yeah no, my want list on my sig alone wouldn't be able to fit, so I'll take a pass on this one.

Man.

Between Incineroar & Ken being the final main newcomers, somebody apparently having a vid of an unknown character (Piranha Plant) in the hayfever before the Direct, and now the Minecraft content/Katalina/Square-Enix rep, Smash Ultimate's content would have to be one of the worst kept secrets ever if the DLC talk all turns out to be true.

Like, what's it gotta take for the dev team to prevent anything from getting out?
A program that tracks Verge's ISP address down and blocks him every time he tries to contact someone?

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Is it bad the only reason I want Katalina is to see the community implode?

I'll gladly buy her for the sake of having another character on the roster, so not like I have anything to lose :4pacman:

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
*Way late response*

While a second witch time would be the easiest way to implement her I did think of another way her power can work. In ARMS she specifically freezes projectiles, the arms, so I was thinking her Down Special could be a shockwave that freezes all projectiles in a radius. The first time it's a huge radius, but if used continuously the radius is smaller and the freeze doesn't last as long.

Overall her whole playstyle would be based on air game and air dodging, while keep distance with ranged attacks and stoping/reflecting other ranged attacks.

But yea they could also just make it Witch Time 2.0 :p
bayonetta takes control of projectile with witch time now
https://twitter.com/SoraKibzu/status/1023166920454033408

she does that in her source game so it doesn't leave room for twintelle anyway.

D

Deleted member

Oh Really?
Lets do it then, next 25 replies will be added to the Unofficial Official Smashboards Fan Roster!
We still don't have all 25 characters yet
  1. Zoe Trent
  2. Marina Liteyears
  3. Crash Bandicoot
  4. Rex and Pyra
  5. Ryu Hayabusa
  6. Ashley
  7. Stan Lee
  8. Celica
  9. Osby’s Cats
  10. Sora
  11. Tap Trial Girl
  12. Doomguy
  13. Henry Fleming
  14. Captain Syrup
  15. Dovahkiin
  16. Kunio
  17. Tails
  18. Solaire
  19. ???
  20. ???
  21. ???
  22. ???
  23. ???
  24. ???
  25. ???
C'mon, guys, think! Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy I think i know who you'd say...

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
My set. I’ll also include other characters who, while I may not particularly want them, are deserving:

First five for DLC, then the rest. Also no echoes in the list.

1. Dovahkiin
2. Tails
3. Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
4. Steve
5. Sora

6. Midna
7. Skull Kid
8. BDee
9. Waluigi
10. Isaac
11. Spring Man
12. Ashley
13. Chorus Kids
14. Banjo-Kazooie
15. Heihachi
16. Doomguy
17. Rayman
18. Agumon
19. Ivy (Soul Calibur)
20. Lara Croft
21. Dragon Quest protagonist
22. Shadow
23. De-echoed Daisy
24. New Pokémon flavor of the month
25. New Fire Emblem character

D

Deleted member

Choose one of the three sets of DLC fighters. Which do you choose?
None because the combos are bad
I would choose one that was Geno, Banjo, Travis, Rex/Pyra and Crash though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So 54 people say they're cancelling the pre-order. Of that, what percentage do you think actually pre-ordered and cancelled? And what percentage do you think will still buy the game within a week of release?

My guess is that maybe 15 out of all of those people won't actually purchase the game within the first month.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
So Katalina still has a chance? I hope so I really would like her in smash same for edelgard. However, I'm sure people would be salty if both somehow made it into the fighter pass

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
bayonetta takes control of projectile with witch time now
https://twitter.com/SoraKibzu/status/1023166920454033408

she does that in her source game so it doesn't leave room for twintelle anyway.
She didn't need to get any more broken...

Choose one of the three sets of DLC fighters. Which do you choose?
The far left one...
I'd be fine with all of the characters

Sora would mean Disney's name is in the copyright
Steve would make for a fun move set involving crafting
Katalina has a great design, and we need another ice user
Edelgard would be a unique and fun Fire Emblem character
And Crash would make for another wonderful third party addition to the roster
Easily a 10/10 set for me...

The second is a worse case scenario for me, and the third one would be lackluster,,,

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
my problem with that game is that i have allergic reactions to everything too "Star Spangled bannerlike" :/

BTW, you guys still talking about TOE ZRENT ? (MLP Kcnockoff is not even popular DX)
I mean to be fair, it's not nearly as uber-American as some people think. The team itself is multinational but just so happens to be led by Lincoln. Of the core twelve playable characters...

From the United States:
Henry Fleming
John Henry
Tom Sawyer
Randolph Carter
Dorothy Gale (but I mean come on, this one barely counts lol)

Technically Not from the United States:
Tiger Lily

Not from the United States:
Scarecrow
Tin Man
Lion
Queequeg
Califia
The Fox

And even among the group of playable characters from the US, it's not a big part of Tom, Randolph Carter, or Dorothy's characters in-game, and only heavily relates to Henry Fleming and John Henry on account of them being Civil War veterans. And even among those two, Henry Fleming is the only playable character who's close to hyper-patriotic, to the point where his special attack theme is literally The Star Spangled Banner, but he's no worse than, say, Captain America.

...Honestly the whole game itself is basically an Avengers homage. Lincoln is Nick Fury (the Commanding Officer, with S.T.E.A.M. being S.H.I.E.L.D.), Henry Fleming is Captain America (patriotic war veteran and on-the-field leader), John Henry is Iron Man (mechanically-enhanced heavy hitter), Dorothy and the rest of the Oz crew are Thor (otherworldly allies from a different plane of reality), Califia is Black Panther (royalty from secluded, but powerful, African nations), and Randolph Carter is Bruce Banner, minus the Hulk (academic scientist who relies on brain over brawn). The game even has a silver age comic book aesthetic.

Basically my point is that the game deserved to sell a lot more than it did and Henry Fleming would be perfect in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom