• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
But 'sensible' is no fun. Especially asone could argue DBFZ's roster is pretty sensible with like idk 25 characters? I never counted. And that roste has issues beyond 50 million Gokus
But there's a difference between creative or "outside the box" roster making and just nonsensical ideas.

I'm not saying the roster needs to be vanilla, I'm just saying there's no reason to force in completely non-video game/Nintendo characters simply because people like them. Things like MUGEN exist for a reason.

Example: I love Godzilla, like A LOT. Own (I believe) everything film/series/comic he's ever had. But I don't campaign for him in Smash, because I'm fully aware that he has nothing to do with the feel/universe Smash has set up. I don't go "he's been in a ton of games! I should bring him up every 30 seconds and make people love him and maybe they'll add him in Smash!" There are Godzilla fighting games that I have and love, like, you know, all the anime fighting games or cartoon fighting games or Shrek fighting games?

Smash is amazing, but it has a theme, and people harping on about things that have nothing to do with that theme is tiring at best.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh Really?
Lets do it then, next 25 replies will be added to the Unofficial Official Smashboards Fan Roster!
Dovahkiin!

Dovahkiin will be the first Smash pack character and they come with a stage named Skyrim and when you pick it your chosen characters are the main characters of Skyrim and you have to beat the entire game or get a game over to leave.
Now I kinda want to see K. Rool taking on Alduin...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
It seems like everyone here is laughing at me for receiving information from a potentially legitimate leaker. You'll all see soon enough that Katalina is in, and they'll alongside having the PS4 game come to switch, allow the mobile game to come overseas. Trust me, my source has actual credibility and soon you'll all see that Katalina is one of the dlc characters. I've heard a bit from them about othe characters but they aren't as sure on them aside from Katalina due to what his position is.
-LaxChris
Thanks for the information but right now we need something fresh. Give us another company that will be getting a DLC character not named Microsoft or SE. Or better yet, bring forth info from the mysterious SE character. Even if you end up right, this isnt information that could bring new interesting subjects to the discussion. Give us something spicy to talk about (but make sure it is reliable).

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Oh Really?
Lets do it then, next 25 replies will be added to the Unofficial Official Smashboards Fan Roster!
Solaire!

+1 for jolly cooperation.
A Little Off Topic but:

Youtube is now on the Switch! FINALLY!

Now I can watch Ultimate on my Switch! Yay!
yaaaay? netflix and crunchyroll when? :S

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But there's a difference between creative or "outside the box" roster making and just nonsensical ideas.

I'm not saying the roster needs to be vanilla, I'm just saying there's no reason to force in completely non-video game/Nintendo characters simply because people like them. Things like MUGEN exist for a reason.

Example: I love Godzilla, like A LOT. Own (I believe) everything film/series/comic he's ever had. But I don't campaign for him in Smash, because I'm fully aware that he has nothing to do with the feel/universe Smash has set up. I don't go "he's been in a ton of games! I should bring him up every 30 seconds and make people love him and maybe they'll add him in Smash!" There are Godzilla fighting games that I have and love, like, you know, all the anime fighting games or cartoon fighting games or Shrek fighting games?

Smash is amazing, but it has a theme, and people harping on about things that have nothing to do with that theme is tiring at best.
Then you honestly worded that a bit badly, with 'sensible', I think of smaller rosters that are affected a lot more by the budget. For example, MvC3. MvC2 is what I'd consider a kitchen sink roster cause they reused so many goddamn sprites and assets

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Opossum shut up no one played that game
Funny how the Illuminati controls all the world banks and financial institutions but they couldn't get Codename STEAM to be successful lol. What a silly bunch.

StormC

Smash Hero
Why do people want these ridiculous, "kitchen sink" rosters? If I was in charge of the roster, I'd still want to have a sensible, realizable roster that represents Nintendo well. There'd be a deep cut or WTF character or two for sure, but no anime, no 20 characters from one series, no cartoon dogs:facepalm:
I hope you aren't talking about who I think you're talking about... :ultduckhunt:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Going to do the 25 list for real now

1. Tails
  2. Chun-Li
  3. Dante
  4. Heihachi
  5. Lara Croft
  6. Skull Kid
  7. Bandana Waddle Dee
  8. Slime
  9. Lloyd
  10. Dixie Kong
  11. Dr. Eggman
  12. Banjo & Kazooie
  13. Monster Hunter
  14. Leon S. Kennedy
  15. X
  16. Sephiroth
  17. Raiden
  18. Scorpion
  19. Crash
  20. Elma
  21. Mach Rider
  22. Chorus Kids
  23. Jin
  24. Geno
  25. Sora

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope you aren't talking about who I think you're talking about... :ultduckhunt:
He's a video game dog, not a cartoon one. Now I expect a 2000 word essay from you explaining the differences.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Can you imagine if every DLC character came with new Spirits... Ridley as Alduin in a Spirit battle, or maybe a Spirit Battle with constant Rathalos summons...
Excuse me mods, I think Smashboards is broken. It’s not letting me like this more than once.

This is the BEST idea, and now I will be legit disappointed if this is not the case.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I have a little game to play.
Say, hypothetically, you were put in charge of the rest of the characters. You were told to choose 5 for Ultimate DLC, and then choose 20 more for future installments, bringing the character total to 100. Which 25 characters would "complete" the roster for you? (Please no judging other people's, it's their opinion.)
1. Rayman
2. Sora
3. Steve
4. Katalina
5. Edelgard
6. Geno
7. Banjo and Kazooie
8. Gunvolt
9. Chorus Kids
10. Giygas
11. Shade
12. Arle Nadja
13. Renamon
14. Spring Man
15. Bandana Dee
16. Waluigi
17. Isaac
18. Patra
19. Krystal
20. Balloon Fighter
21. Lottie (Isabelle Echo)
22. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
23. Zoroark (Lucario Echo)
24. Gooigi (Luigi Echo)
25. Zoe Trent
Not sure if this is going to catch on but whatever.
My Turn
1. Slime
2. Steve
3. Katalina
4. Rhythm heaven rep (Likely Karate Joe)
5. Edelgard

6. Elma
7. Ayumi Tachibana
8. Ryu Hayabusa
9. Captain Toad
10. Phoenix Wright
11. Impa
12. Bandanna Waddle Dee
13. Another Rhythm Heaven rep (either Rhythm Reporter or Tap Trial Girl)
14. Isaac
15. Min Min
16. Mach Rider
17. Ashley
18. Octoling
19. Lara Croft
20. Takamaru
21. Roll (Mega Man Echo
22. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
23. Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong Echo
24. Boshi (Yoshi Echo) this one's for Zinith Zinith
25. Segata Sanshiro

Noipoi

Howdy!
I already pre-ordered physical Ultimate like two months ago (the hype got to me), how do I redeem gold points?
I need Audrey II.

StormC

Smash Hero
I already pre-ordered physical Ultimate like two months ago (the hype got to me), how do I redeem gold points?
I need Audrey II.
You won't be able to until you get the physical code from the game card itself, I believe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No mini-Direct news at all, it figures.

Anyway, here's something I thought about earlier at work today:

The Woolly World stage is missing, right? So what if they ported it over for DLC as Poochy's stage? It would help make development easier.

Yeah, except Bayonetta is in. She is more sexual and more violent, including having (literally) twice as many guns.
So... No. This does not stand.
Bayo's guns are colorful/gimmicky, much like the Zapper.

In any case, the only other true way to abolish the rule is if they can get a Metal Slug character in here.

I actually have no idea who this "cartoon dog" is supposed to mean. I'm wracking my brain thinking of relevant memes and I got nothing.
A character from the Littlest Pet Shop reboot. That's really just it. What happened is like taking Zinith Zinith 's Yoshi appreciation and cranking it up to 12.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
No mini-Direct news at all, it figures.

Anyway, here's something I thought about earlier at work today:

The Woolly World stage is missing, right? So what if they ported it over for DLC as Poochy's stage? It would help make development easier.

Bayo's guns are colorful/gimmicky, much like the Zapper.

In any case, the only other true way to abolish the rule is if they can get a Metal Slug character in here.
If they want to hype up the n64 mini in the US they'll do it before black friday for sure.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It's a good game, dammit.

Nah but for real I'm just happy that Henry's a spirit, at least.
my problem with that game is that i have allergic reactions to everything too "Star Spangled bannerlike" :/

BTW, you guys still talking about TOE ZRENT ? (MLP Kcnockoff is not even popular DX)

StormC

Smash Hero
Okay.
How do I do that?
It'll be the code on the card for the game. You'll be able to put it in your Nintendo account and you'll get your digital code for PP in February... I think. So you won't be able to do anything until you actually have the game in your hands.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't know about you guys, but this talk of Katalina makes me want her in even more
If they want to hype up the n64 mini in the US they'll do it before black friday for sure.
Plot twist: they announce it on Thanksgiving day for release the following day to drive up crazy sales and media attention...

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I don't know about you guys, but this talk of Katalina makes me want her in even more

Plot twist: they announce it on Thanksgiving day for release the following day to drive up crazy sales and media attention...
They better not do it then, I got parades and Football to watch dangit!

D

Deleted member

My 25 character list
  1. Protector
  2. Bertrand(e)
  3. Raquna(e²)
  4. Highlander
  5. Fafnir Knight
  6. Gunner
  7. Frederica(e)
  8. War Magus
  9. Chloe(e)
  10. Ren
  11. Ronin(e)
  12. Farmer
  13. Landsknecht
  14. Landsknecht(e)
  15. Harbinger
  16. Pugilist
  17. Monk(e)
  18. Yggdroid
  19. Logre
  20. Imperial(e)
  21. Sovereign
  22. Arianna(e)
  23. Alchemist
  24. Warlock(e)
  25. Ragelope
What you guys think?
It's a good game, dammit.

Nah but for real I'm just happy that Henry's a spirit, at least.
Don't worry, I know how it feels
*Cries in 101 tears*

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It'll be the code on the card for the game. You'll be able to put it in your Nintendo account and you'll get your digital code for PP in February... I think. So you won't be able to do anything until you actually have the game in your hands.
Also, some people who bought the game digitally already got their codes. Might call Nintendo NL on Tuesday to ask about that

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I have a little game to play.
Say, hypothetically, you were put in charge of the rest of the characters. You were told to choose 5 for Ultimate DLC, and then choose 20 more for future installments, bringing the character total to 100. Which 25 characters would "complete" the roster for you? (Please no judging other people's, it's their opinion.)
1. Rayman
2. Sora
3. Steve
4. Katalina
5. Edelgard
6. Geno
7. Banjo and Kazooie
8. Gunvolt
9. Chorus Kids
10. Giygas
11. Shade
12. Arle Nadja
13. Renamon
14. Spring Man
15. Bandana Dee
16. Waluigi
17. Isaac
18. Patra
19. Krystal
20. Balloon Fighter
21. Lottie (Isabelle Echo)
22. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
23. Zoroark (Lucario Echo)
24. Gooigi (Luigi Echo)
25. Zoe Trent
Not sure if this is going to catch on but whatever.
Here goes nothing

1. Skull Kid
2. Paper Mario
3. Rayman
4. Master Hand
5. Professor Layton
6. Midna + Wolf Link
6. Crazy Hand (Master Hand echo)
7. Amaterasu
8. Fawful
9. Waluigi
10. Tabuu