• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Choose one of the three sets of DLC fighters. Which do you choose?
Third one, first one comes close though.
Putting Banjo and Phoenix in the same block as Slime is basically a war crime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So about the Spirits...

I'm liking this "(X) Details" option - do you think that gives a brief description of the character? The loss of trophies stings, but as lobg as we're able to get descriptions of the characters, I'll take it. Or is it just there to show which spirits are supports?

Also interesting set of spirits in the first place. Smeargle? Steelix? Skarmory? Love the Gen II representation.

I'm also really interested in these spirit battles

Imprisoned as a black K.Rool is something I wouldn't have thought of, but that's a great idea. Also, the idea of Assists just being hostile for specific batles (bet it's Ghirahim for this one) sounds awesome as well. I have a feeling some of the assists may be making more appearances than we expect.

I wonder if, since some assists are KOable, that their spirit unlocks will just pit you directly against the assist...
Speaking of gen 2 representation, I believe I saw an Ampharos spirit somewhere. Devs got good taste.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
We still don't have all 25 characters yet
  1. Zoe Trent
  2. Marina Liteyears
  3. Crash Bandicoot
  4. Rex and Pyra
  5. Ryu Hayabusa
  6. Ashley
  7. Stan Lee
  8. Celica
  9. Osby’s Cats
  10. Sora
  11. Tap Trial Girl
  12. Doomguy
  13. Henry Fleming
  14. Captain Syrup
  15. Dovahkiin
  16. Kunio
  17. Tails
  18. Solaire
  19. ???
  20. ???
  21. ???
  22. ???
  23. ???
  24. ???
  25. ???
C'mon, guys, think! @Dyllybirdy I think i know who you'd say...
I was afraid everyone would lose interest before we even made it to 20..

D

Deleted member

My Perfect Set, if we're taking leaks into consideration, would be Geno, Steve, Rayman, Katalina, and... a certain pupper...

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Choose one of the three sets of DLC fighters. Which do you choose?
I....I have to sacrifice my most-wanted to keep Rex & Pyra out of the game...

I'm sorry, Phoenix. I love you. But Travis is almost as good. The greatest sacrifices require the strongest wills.

D

Deleted member

So wait
People talked about Zoe
while I was gone?
What the **** which universe am I in?!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of gen 2 representation, I believe I saw an Ampharos spirit somewhere. Devs got good taste.
I mean, probably every single Pokemon has one. :D I would be hyped if Stunfisk, Misdreavus and Psyduck all are Spirits, though.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Okay.
How do I do that?
When you have the game cartridge in the Switch before you start playing, you can go to the options and ‘redeem points’. It’s on the submenu there. I don’t have my switch in front of me now, but I think it’s the standard gear icon below the game icons? The menu that pops up has it on the bottom option though.

I do all of my games physical so that’s how I register. I think as long as you get the points, that’s the registration. Theoretically then they’ll either send a PP code or just unlock it for you since you’re on your account.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First one because even if it hurts me to discard Phoenix, I ain't choosing that second one.
Leftmost column, easily. Crash is one of my most wanted characters, Edelgard has a great design and I like blaming crests, and Sora and Steve are veritable icons.

D

Deleted member

It's hard for people not to mention Zoe when a certain someone keeps spamming her name in a forum about Smash Brothers
You're right.
I should go die in a fire just like my stupid ****ing dumbass character requests.
Looks like I'm never gonna play Ultimate.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So wait
People talked about Zoe
while I was gone?
What the **** which universe am I in?!
To be fair, you like to say her name a lot...
You're right.
I should go die in a fire just like my stupid ****ing ******* character requests.
Wait? What? No! Don't do that!

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
You're right.
I should go die in a fire just like my stupid ****ing ******* character requests.
What? No one wished death upon you, bro.

But it doesn't take a lot of thinking to realize why people get annoyed of the mention of Zoe, right?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To be fair, you like to say her name a lot...
Just put it in your sig and then you wouldn't have to mention her.
In fact, eventually, by your very presence, you will remind people of what you want.
Association and all that.

I dunno how many people here I've come to associate with "the guy that wants [x]"

D

Deleted member

So wait you don't want me dead?
Should I at least leave the forum for a while then?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I just walked by a switch and saw that Minecraft is a playable title on the switch so that got me thinking about Steve in Smash and everything that is going on. Long story short, I now think Steve is a lock for the dlc.

D

Deleted member

Got it.
I'm sorry for being such a pest, Zoe will never be brought up again as of right now.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Ok so I just walked by a switch and saw that Minecraft is a playable title on the switch so that got me thinking about Steve in Smash and everything that is going on. Long story short, I now think Steve is a lock for the dlc.
Minecraft was on the Wii U, y'know. Not sure if this makes him a "lock" when the game's on literally every console.

or I'm just delusional because how much I'm against his inclusion

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Minecraft was on the Wii U, y'know. Not sure if this makes him a "lock" when the game's on literally every console.

or I'm just delusional because how much I'm against his inclusion
WoW (World of Warcraft) is the most popular mmo so I guess that game has a rep that’s locked for Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom