• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Unrelated to topics at hand. But how would Classic Mode work for DLC fighters? Will they get their own classic mode sets, or will they just all be given the same generic sort of random quest?

D

Deleted member

Unrelated to topics at hand. But how would Classic Mode work for DLC fighters? Will they get their own classic mode sets, or will they just all be given the same generic sort of random quest?
They'll get their own sets, I hope!

D

Deleted member

Smash's not missing a puzzle piece.
Really, I don't know. Is it a 1st party war between fans? each looking to insert MORE of his/her favorite franch? Reallu, is that it? cause I don't see how necessary he is!
Marx could work as a boss. Adeleine would go better, at least she offers something new.
No character in Smash is "necessary".

People want him because they like him. Also Bandana Dee uses a spear, he'd offer plenty.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe I missed the part of anatomy where the human skeleton had a BONE-NOSE.

A BOSE.
I mean, the guy and New Donk humans look completely different. Mario's world is a strange, strange place.

Goomba with a hat arguement? Seriously?

**** it ill just post two images back to back and be done

I seriously wonder how long it'll take before people's preconceived notions of who can make it in are completely shattered into tiny little pieces.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Really, I don't know. Is it a 1st party war between fans? each looking to insert MORE of his/her favorite franch? Reallu, is that it? cause I don't see how necessary he is!
Marx could work as a boss. Adeleine would go better, at least she offers something new.
Are you seriously saying a spear wielder does not offer anything new to the table? How can people argue against Dee at this point? He is such a prominent character in the Kirby series with an absolutely huge fanbase and offers a new weapon and playstyle to boot.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Fam,
It's not about how a certain character looks. It's about the role that character plays in a franchise.
Is he as important to the franch as Meta or DDD? Don't get me wrong, to me he always seemed like that sidekick no one asked for.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I mean, the guy and New Donk humans look completely different. Mario's world is a strange, strange place.

I seriously wonder how long it'll take before people's preconceived notions of who can make it in are completely shattered into tiny little pieces.
A goomba with a hat will be added to smash and we'll STILL be having these arguements..
and i know the new donk stuff wasnt me youre replying to buuuuut

D

Deleted member

THIS. People are so annoying when they act like Smash "needs" a character or when they talk about how a character "deserves" to be in or not

like, ***** a mother****in PIRANHA PLANT is in nothing matters anymore. let people pine for whoever they want. there are no rules now.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Is he as important to the franch as Meta or DDD? Don't get me wrong, to me he always seemed like that sidekick no one asked for.
That argument can be used against many wanted characters

Heck, it might even be used against your most wanted character

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Are you seriously saying a spear wielder does not offer anything new to the table? How can people argue against Dee at this point? He is such a prominent character in the Kirby series with an absolutely huge fanbase and offers a new weapon and playstyle to boot.
He also could have species traits in his arsenal, calling his friends to make a boulder, a parasol as a shield/normal attack, an Earth-splitting punch. It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure they'll get their own. How hard it can be to patch them in?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
When are characters asked for?? The developers just included him and we grew to love them, just like any other character...

And yea historically he may not be as important but presently he is just as important most definitley.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee wields a spear and a parasol (weapons literally no other characters wield except Peach but that's her up special).

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The most likely chance for this to happen is for an Assist Trophy to be promoted to playable, which, judging by Chrom's mere existence and the support bases of many, doesn't seem too far off to me.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Disliking a character is fine and all and admitting it is nothing to feel guilty about

Just don't come up with these bull**** and hypocritical reasons for why a character shouldn't or won't be in

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
No, no, you're not understanding.

He is part of a species that are used as mooks, but he himself is not one. He has had dozens of playable and supporting roles and is as important to the series as Meta Knight and Dedede for supporting cast. He is used in almost all of Kirby's marketing material. He has a personality and everything.

Calling him a hat Goomba is like calling Luigi Green Mario and actually meaning it.

EDIT: ARRRGH, My tablet's autocorrect is being dumb. I meant to type Dedede, not "delete", lol.
EDIT 2: Why did it write mercy, lol okay my tablet seems to have a mind of its own now.
Ok I getchya. So has he ever had a critical role in any of the main games story. Like, if it wasn't for him it would've ended. Or are those kept for Kirby, Meta and DDD?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
He's been a prominent main character in the recent Kirby titles, arguably even more than MK. He's also the only Kirby character to ever get any real character development, starting out as a super ****ty DDD sidekick that eventually trained and got stronger to the point where he is able to fight by Kirby's side and not get carried. He also got his own song in which he sings about his ambitions of trying to get stronger than Kirby and how he doesn't want to be weak anymore. He's actually quite the endearing character that's definitely grown and has earned his spot in smash at this point.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ok I getchya. So has he ever had a critical role in any of the main games story. Like, if it wasn't for him it would've ended. Or are those kept for Kirby, Meta and DDD?
Isn't Meta Knight just a kirby in a mask? Masks being sort of like hats for your face...

META KNIGHT DECONFIRMED!

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Well he appeared along side Kirby in Rainbow Curse and MK and Dedede were completley absent so I would say yes.

D

Deleted member

He and Kirby both are the main heroes of Rainbow Curse and Battle Royal, with Bandana Dee having a speaking role in the later.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The most likely chance for this to happen is for an Assist Trophy to be promoted to playable, which, judging by Chrom's mere existence and the support bases of many, doesn't seem too far off to me.
I wouldn't be shocked if what you mention happens by Smash 6, honestly.

Personally, I think it'll happen when characters from dead third party series show up as playable, on a retro character basis.

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
If you count Rainbow Curse as a main game, he was the one who protected Kirby and the paintbrush who's name I've forgotten in the intro and is the entire reason they are allowed to even continue the quest.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice

Not sure if this has been posted, but very good in depth look at World of Light trailer. Very long but so worth it if you want to learn more. Got me much more excited about the mode than the direct did. Seems like it will be a challenge to unlock all characters, which I want.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
People want him because they like him. Also Bandana Dee uses a spear, he'd offer plenty.
Really!? then how would the game be established?
Of course you have to like something to want it!!
To be completely honest, I don't see that unique enough, sorry.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
*sigh*

Guess I gotta do it to 'em.

Bandana Dee first appeared in Super Star as the first opponent of Megaton Punch. A very small role, but a very early start nonetheless.

Following this, Bandana Dee received an upgrade in Super Star Ultra, where he gained a speaking role as Dedede's right-hand-man. He also was present as the only audience member during the Masked Dedede fight.

Bandana Dee's role really starts to take off in the period after Super Smash Bros Brawl. Keep in mind that since Brawl, Bandana Dee has actually had more appearances than Meta Knight. Yes, he's that important.

Bandana Dee's first playable role was in Return to Dreamland. He immediately sets himself apart from other Waddle Dees as the only one capable of wielding the Spear moveset. In addition, he appears in all of the cutscenes and is viewed as part of the core cast of 4 characters.

Following this, Bandana Dee took a support role in both Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot.

Between these two titles, Bandana Dee had another playable role in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. In this game, Bandana Dee is the ONLY playable character other than Kirby, putting much more of a spotlight on him.

Then we come to the 3DS e-shop titles, Clash Deluxe and Battle Royale. In one, Bandana Dee has another speaking role as a voice of friendly advice in the hub. In the other, Bandana Dee has a speaking role, AND is your in-game partner. He is cemented as Kirby's best friend and gains his own distinctly-colored parasol in addition to his Spear, which he is still the only user of.

Cut to Star Allies, where Bandana Dee is the ONLY Dream Friend available at the start of the game, essentially the de-facto Player 2 character. In addition to this, with the removal of the Spear ability, Bandana Dee's moveset is now entirely unique to the cast. In one of the extra Puzzles that can be assembled, Kirby and Bandana Dee take center stage at the Fountain of Dreams, while Meta Knight and King Dedede are relegated to the background.

Combine all of this with Bandana Dee constantly appearing in group shots with the other 3 core cast members, and it's inarguable that he's distinguished himself as a core member of the cast with his own unique skillset and personality.

Find me a Goomba that does that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Really!? then how would the game be established?
Of course you have to like something to want it!!
To be completely honest, I don't see that unique enough, sorry.
a piranha plant is literally in the game
a random mook
who's not even the most iconic enemy from its series
who doesn't seem like it would be able to have any SEMBLANCE of an actual moveset
is playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch

There are no rules anymore, buddy. To hell with unique-ness

D

Deleted member

Assuming DLC is strictly 3rd parties, here’s who I’m hoping for:
Erdrick
Ryu Hayabusa
Dante
Lloyd Irving
Doomguy

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Because it's a spear, that's not so out of the box. When Fox was first introduced (64), I won't say his laser gun was unique. His reflector was. Get what I'm trying to say here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom