• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Is he as important to the franch as Meta or DDD? Don't get me wrong, to me he always seemed like that sidekick no one asked for.
He's not as important as Dedede or Meta Knight, but let's be honest, at this point we have pretty much all of the most important characters for the established franchises already. He's definitely next in line for a Kirby newcomer, the series warrants one, and his moveset basically writes itself, it's really that simple.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
WOL's intro in a nutshell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WejTV7r3tkU

a piranha plant is literally in the game
a random mook
who's not even the most iconic enemy from its series
who doesn't seem like it would be able to have any SEMBLANCE of an actual moveset
is playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch

There are no rules anymore, buddy. To hell with unique-ness
A bit off-subject for a moment, but I find it funny that Sakurai is the only one in the entirety of Nintendo who considered making PP playable in something, never mind Smash Bros. They had all sorts of random enemies playable in Mario Kart, tennis and party titles, but not this guy. Probably because he isn't seen using legs much.

THAT is thinking out of the box.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Because it's a spear, that's not so out of the box. When Fox was first introduced (64), I won't say his laser gun was unique. His reflector was. Get what I'm trying to say here?
Except he has so much more than a spear too! A parasol for example which can be used in many ways as well as sing numerous items from the games he has appeared in! Have you even played a modern Kirby game with Bandana Dee?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
For Dee's sake your profile says you are a piranha plant main.
So is your profile? wasn't it an awesome choice? It was hard to me to put it over Mega but that charcater is what I would call unique. It's the only one in Ultimate I'm truely eager to try.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Smash's not missing a puzzle piece.
Really, I don't know. Is it a 1st party war between fans? each looking to insert MORE of his/her favorite franch? Reallu, is that it? cause I don't see how necessary he is!
Marx could work as a boss. Adeleine would go better, at least she offers something new.
Bruh I played like, 1 and a half Kirby games, so I don't have that much attachment to the series. I just think that the characters fit well in the Smash formula and the characters have fan demand. Bandana Dee's not that "necessary", I and many others just think that he would work and be a popular addition.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I didn't know that Smash now has a quota that newcomers have to fill.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
So is your profile? wasn't it an awesome choice? It was hard to me to put it over Mega but that charcater is what I would call unique. It's the only one in Ultimate I'm truely eager to try.
Bandana Dee is a Goomba with a hat
Piranha Plant is unique

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Yea he is awesome and so would Bandana Dee.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That argument can be used against many wanted characters

Heck, it might even be used against your most wanted character
Nope, only extras. Like in the first Smash each charcater represented a whole franchise and that was it, then came the extras. It's fine and all but it's keeping fans from looking into other franchises. Extras are moore of the same.. in a way. If you get what I'm trying to say.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nope, only extras. Like in the first Smash each charcater represented a whole franchise and that was it, then came the extras. It's fine and all but it's keeping fans from looking into other franchises. Extras are moore of the same.. in a way. If you get what I'm trying to say.
:luigi64:I absolutely agree.:jigglypuff64:

EDIT: Not adding extras won't get you new franchises. Smash For added both.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Kirby is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and only has THREE characters compared to Fire Emblem for example, your point?

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
In other, Bandana Dee has both a playable AND speaking role. He is cemented as Kirby's best friend and gains his own distinctly-colored parasol in addition to his Spear, which he is still the only user of.
To be fair, BWD is your partner, not playable.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Between Beam, Parasol, Megaton Punch, a spear, food, skates, and even a car or Robobot, Bandana Dee representing all the Waddle Dees and Doos would be a lovely addition. Iconic enemy in a big series and a character that has fans and would be cute and fun to see in Smash.

I'm not even a hard pusher for Bandana Dee. I just think Waddle Dees are cute.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>all this argument related to Piranha plant

Seriously, can't we just get along WITHOUT arguing about some bull**** related to BWD and piranha plant? It is getting too older, GoeGoe GoeGoe can you just stop dragging some users into that bull****?

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and only has THREE characters compared to Fire Emblem for example, your point?
Kirby doesn’t have as many charcters as Fire Emblem does. Kirby doesn’t need a new rep. Heck Zelda doesn’t even have that many unique characters. Half of the Zelda charcters in smash are just Link clones. Like I told the Geno fans yesterday, pack it up for the next game.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Kirby doesn’t have as many charcters as Fire Emblem does. Kirby doesn’t need a new rep. Heck Zelda doesn’t even have that many unique characters. Half of the Zelda charcters in smash are just Link clones. Like I told the Geno fans yesterday, pack it up for the next game.
Okay, let's drop this conversation before it gets too out of hand

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So every newcomer from an already represented franchise is a no-go to you?

D

Deleted member

"Don't want something because I said so."

Convincing argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
>Ignoring Marx, Magolor, Gooey, Dark Matter, Dark Meta Knight, etc.
"Kirby doesn't need a new rep."
No series does. Mario Bros doesn't need new reps. Mario alone would've represented the series perfectly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No series does. Mario Bros doesn't need new reps. Mario alone would've represented the series perfectly.
No franchise need new reps because rep is a stupid, fan-made term and ignores most of the playable character selection process.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, new topic.

Have we found out who the hell sings the World of Light vocals?

D

Deleted member

I want characters because I like them. Not to bump up some arbitrary number I can then later use to say "Look at my game! It's soooooo much better and more important than yours!"

I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

Sakurai and Nintendo pick who they well dang please. There is no magic secret code that can tell us who can and can't ever make it. Oh, and the word "deserving" is silly. These are fake pixel people on a screen. They cannot "deserve" anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

>Kirby doesn’t have any potential characters
>Ignores BWD, Galatica Knight, Gooey, and Dark Matter
>Also says Zelda doesn’t have any unique characters while also ignoring Giraham, Skull Kid, Zant, and Vaati.
Nice b@it, m8.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
From what I find, I think it was that japenese singer who did song the Kirby right at ya back! intro song.
No, yeah, we know that. I'm curious about the English version.

Some people early on said it was Rena Strober (the person who played Azura in FE: Fates) but I don't think it's the same voice. Apparently she confirmed it wasn't her, but I still haven't seen a confirmation of who the hell it is.

D

Deleted member

No, yeah, we know that. I'm curious about the English version.

Some people early on said it was Rena Strober (the person who played Azura in FE: Fates) but I don't think it's the same voice. Apparently she confirmed it wasn't her, but I still haven't seen a confirmation of who the hell it is.
I was surprised to learn it wasn't her. When people suggested it was, I was convinced because of how similar this singer sounds to her.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Mario is Nintendo’s flagship character. Due to Mario being nintendo’s flagship character, they have multiple representatives. It is like Disney with Micky Mouse. You see Mickey Mouse have a bunch of charcters scattered across Disney while an under franchise that is still popular say sleeping beauty have like 2-3 charcters in Disney parks. To sum it up, if you are Nintendo’s flagship title and have a bunch of characters, you get multiple reps. If you are a popular Nintendo title, you get like 3-4 unique characters if you have a smaller cast pool of characters or you just get tons and tons of clones of some of the charcters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom