• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Been a rough day for Isaac and Shadow fans...

Although, I predict i'll eventually get over it. I think that if the reveal timing on everything in Ultimate was much better, the information would've been more spread out evenly and this direct wouldn't have been so damn disappointing.

It's not very optimal to save popular characters for AT reveals. Waluigi was revealed right at E3, so while that must have sucked for his fans, at least his deconfirmation was done and over with. Why did they show Knuckles and Krystal again in the August direct? Why not show Isaac/Shadow in there, then at least the massive K Rool reveal would've made up feel better about it, don't lie. Isaac's deconfirmation was followed by a goddamn plant.

But yes overall I will still probably love Ultimate. I don't actually think any of the new characters look bad or anything, it's just more would have been nice, and i'm worried DLC will focus just too much on 3rd parties.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
>the only DLC is the content within the season pass
>this includes: character, stage, music
>minecraft content for DLC
hmmm i wonder what common sense tells me
That's making a conclusion based on new info, and yes one can assume Steve is in if Verg is legit

However, Verg himself never claimed Steve was in

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
This or Bellsprout.
You're on to something, man. Let's play a game out of this. An echo for each echo. Echoception.

:ultlucina:: Alm (at least he wields the Falchion...)
:ultdaisy:: Shadow Queen (from TTYD)
:ultdarkpit:: Honestly... no idea. I'll leave it up to y'all.
:ultchrom:: Eliwood
:ultdarksamus:: Rundas
:ultrichter:: Trevor
Ken: Akuma

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
>the only DLC is the content within the season pass (and pp)
>this includes: character, stage, music
>minecraft content for DLC
hmmm i wonder what common sense tells me
Perhaps it can be Banjo DLC with a creeper as an assist trophy idk

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Watching reaction videos... I think the Piranha Plant was a great idea. It's gotten amazing reactions (some even stronger than K Rool) and mostly positive! It's almost like Sakurai knows what he's doing...
No joke characters are objectively bad because *insert character here* deserves it far more and also I have no sense of humor and take games way too seriously.

Disclaimer: I'm not throwing shade at people who are disappointed or would have preferred someone else.
I'm throwing shade at people who take roster picks way too seriously and expect the game to be 100% catered to them and their echo chamber of choice.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
You're on to something, man. Let's play a game out of this. An echo for each echo. Echoception.

:ultlucina:: Alm (at least he wields the Falchion...)
:ultdaisy:: Shadow Queen (from TTYD)
:ultdarkpit:: Honestly... no idea. I'll leave it up to y'all.
:ultchrom:: Eliwood
:ultdarksamus:: Rundas
:ultrichter:: Trevor
Ken: Akuma
Yes Akuma ! With his legendary super attack as a FS (the one with the cool posture at the end)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh my gosh in the tree house footage the Black Knight killed K.Rool at 70% from center stage. Even if that move hadn't killed it still did around 30 damage. Yikes. Speaking of which, K.Rool is even more unique then I thought he'd be. It's not just his specials that stand out, but his tilts and smashes are really interesting to. Apparently if you spam his moves with super armor on them his chest plate can break and stun him, but it seems to heal really quickly as well.

Isabelle can set off her Lloid Rocket at will with her Down B which makes that move seem way better then if it just went off automatically at a set time. She's going to have some nice option coverage with that and it just might be useful for zoning after all. As if Villager wasn't annoying enough on his own.

I think Sakurai said in a Smash 4 interview that Pokemon gets special treatment. Which makes it funny that a handful of Incineroar deniers used "there's already plenty of pokemon in the roster" as a counterpoint.
We're talking about the biggest media franchise in the world...
Of course they would add a new Pokemon

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Goomba in Mario Party

it's the year of the goon
man honestly, it's so weird. piranha plant awakened my childhood love for the enemies in Mario games because I thought they were the coolest characters. Like, back when I was a wee lad playing Mario Party I always played Boo and Koopa Kid. Back in the old Mario baseball game for the GC (not sluggers), I played all the mook characters. I dunno why, just something about Bowser and his minions and the way they're designed in those games were so cool.

and then I forgot about them and started rallying for Geno as the Mario rep, but like... god damn. I don't know how this happened, with Aces and Smash. It's honestly like I'm 7 years old again.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Honestly, as far as I am concerned, if Piranha Plant isn't in every Smash Bros game following Ultimate until the heat death of the universe, I will be very disappointed. I dont know why I love this character inclusion so much, but second to Ridley, I am really lloking forward to playing with it.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Everyone saying now that they're expecting Sora DLC is killing me. I can't have my heart hurt like this.
Well, if you'd like, I can go back to the first stage of grief and be in complete and utter denial, saying that 2B is a lock for the Square Enix DLC rep and rub it everyone's face like it's a fact.

But I don't want to be in denial and I think that'd hurt more people than it helps.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Vergeben never said Steve was playable. The other dude who claimed to have Smash info said Steve was playable. All Verg said was that there was, “some sort of Minecraft representation”.

That could be anything. However, there’s no Assist Trophy, and there’s no stage yet.

There’s also the fact that Spirits covers a butt ton of different series. Because of the fact that there’s been no indication of Steve having a playable role, or a stage at this point, it seems to me that a Spirit could be just a likely as a playable character.

Just trying to curb the misinformation y’all!

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Guys I personally think Sora is a lock for the Square Enix spot for dlc assuming square gets one which I think they will. Kingdom hearts 3 is coming out in January of 2019 so by the time Sora is revealed as a dlc fighter, there will be a lot of hype surrounding the character. Plus Sora isn’t apart of the base game in any shape or form right now as far as we know so it further supports the uniqueness added by adding him. Also I think square would be more likely to push for Sora because it would create hype around their game and overall would make the most sense to Nintendo because of the amount of people that will probably play kingdom hearts 3 and want Sora to be represented. I mean let’s be real here, Nintendo really isn’t choosing charcters that are unpopular or irrelevant. Piranah plant is pretty recognizable to someone under the age of 14 but who is gonna recognize a 20 year old character that only appears in like 2 games. I really think Sora is gonna be in for dlc but what do you guys think?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
If Steve gets announced, I'm going to go outside and punch dirt. That's all I have left to say on that subject.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I just hope that DLC isn’t filled to the brim with third parties. At least 1 or 2 is nice, but at least have some be Nintendo characters.

Oh what am I saying. I’m being honest, I’m not that hype for this game. There wasn’t a single newcomer that I am interested in, and some of the possible newcomers people are throwing for DLC and how most of them are third parties are worrisome for me. I just want at least someone that I’m interested get in, but so far the only likley option is Elma. And it may look like I have to wait until February 2020 to wait for Isaac, which also sucks for me.

Piranha Plant? I guess that it’s a joke, but I didn’t find it funny at all. It’s the only character where I will legitimately say that the time could’ve went to someone else. At least it was meant to be an optional gag and I doubt Sakurai actually considers it apart of the roster. It’s not even on the banner (I think).

Anyways for my DLC Predictions:

1. Sora
2. Geno
3. Elma
4. Lloyd
5. ?????

I really want to put Isaac there, but I need to keep my expectations in check. I frankly don’t know who to put there.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Here is what I consider the most likely DLC additions:

Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Dante, Doom Slayer, Geno, Hero, Sora and Steve.

I feel like there is enough evidence to support all of these being the most likely picks. Now the question is, which of these five will end up as the DLC.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Vergeben never said Steve was playable. The other dude who claimed to have Smash info said Steve was playable. All Verg said was that there was, “some sort of Minecraft representation”.

That could be anything. However, there’s no Assist Trophy, and there’s no stage yet.

There’s also the fact that Spirits covers a butt ton of different series. Because of the fact that there’s been no indication of Steve having a playable role, or a stage at this point, it seems to me that a Spirit could be just a likely as a playable character.

You’re right, Verge himself never said Steve was playable. However, if Minecraft content was in the form of Spirits, I feel that it would have been shown in today’s direct. It’s kind of a big deal, and even Shantae got showcased, so yeah, don’t think it’s a spirit.

Plus we’ve been told that DLC is a Character + Stage + Music. He didn’t say anything about an Assist or extra spirits with the pack. With the combination of the other guy flat out saying it’s a fighter - plus I recall Vergeben himself saying that he heard murmurs of Steve being playable - It’s really likely that Steve is DLC based on Verge’s info.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Guys I personally think Sora is a lock for the Square Enix spot for dlc assuming square gets one which I think they will. Kingdom hearts 3 is coming out in January of 2019 so by the time Sora is revealed as a dlc fighter, there will be a lot of hype surrounding the character. Plus Sora isn’t apart of the base game in any shape or form right now as far as we know so it further supports the uniqueness added by adding him. Also I think square would be more likely to push for Sora because it would create hype around their game and overall would make the most sense to Nintendo because of the amount of people that will probably play kingdom hearts 3 and want Sora to be represented. I mean let’s be real here, Nintendo really isn’t choosing charcters that are unpopular or irrelevant. Piranah plant is pretty recognizable to someone under the age of 14 but who is gonna recognize a 20 year old character that only appears in like 2 games. I really think Sora is gonna be in for dlc but what do you guys think?
He is definitely coming but dont forget, they still have Dragon Quest to compete with him for the spot

D

Deleted member

Boy, Instagram is probably where the most salty of Smashes are. Im staying off there today. I can understand if you are dissapointed, but its not that serious man, its just a video game....

LetterO

Smash Lord
You guys think if there was enough demand, Sakurai would upgrade an assist trophy in DLC?

Shroob

Sup?
The fact that there's NO X MUSIC at all is an eye raiser to be sure.

If any "Nintendo" character is getting in as DLC, Elma feels rather likely, especially since >gun.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
If Steve gets announced, I'm going to go outside and punch dirt. That's all I have left to say on that subject.
this is probably the most fitting way to celebrate minecraft inclusion (although trees also work)
never though you for such a big minecraft fan :o

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
As unfortunate as it is, he is a popular character from one of the biggest games of the current gen and checks off every noteworthy box in terms of actually getting into the game besides "I don't want him".

He will cater and appeal to a LARGE amount of people. Speaking off of a marketing standpoint, he and Sora are probably the biggest DLC names along with Crash and others such as Lara Croft or Master Chief.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Y'know, Bandana Waddle Dee detractors dismissed him for being a mook wearing a hat...
Now we have an actual, playable mook in the form of Piranha Plant...

DANCE WITH ME, GENTLEMEN.

D

Deleted member

Was the other dude the Wave guy who leaked before the Direct too?
So I can't get a good look at it, but according to the guy in the treehouse video, Dr. Mario's cape is now a diploma instead of a cape.
Dr. Mario: "I WENT TO COLLEGE!"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The fact that there's NO X MUSIC at all is an eye raiser to be sure.

If any "Nintendo" character is getting in as DLC, Elma feels rather likely, especially since >gun.
Dual blades + guns akimbo + shadow clones
It'd be pretty easy to make a moveset for her.

That said, holy hell does listening to her ingame make me want to take a nap and never wake up.

Dan

Smash Lord
Honestly, every reveal should've been done in reverse; how they started with the best and finished with the worst is beyond me.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
After giving it thought maybe they'll add in Lara Croft, Crash, Spyro or a Resident Evil character for DLC. I'd like to see that but it's probably just gonna be more pokemon or fire emblem characters.
If I'm wrong let me know

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
DLC choices
1. Dixie Kong
2. Bandana Dee
3. Tails
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Chun-Li

I'm not supporting Rowlet/Decidueye per se anymore, as 11 Pokémon really is a little too much. If my mom had known anything about Pokémon or Smash, I'm sure she'd understand. I mean, I'd take it, of course, if offered.

I'm also hoping we get some alts or even echo fighters as DLC outside the Fighter Packs. I really think Impa won't make it in unless it's as a Sheik echo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, every reveal should've been done in reverse; how they started with the best and finished with the worst is beyond me.
Because if you get your coolest guy out first, you can use him in marketing and get more people to buy your game.

Sure it doesn't build hype as well, but it's quite lucrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom