• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Verge did say too there'd be Minecraft representation. So maybe if Banjo makes DLC along with Spiral Mountain. That 6th stage might be Overworld.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My preliminary DLC picks:

1. Sora - Literally only because of Vergeben and Spawn Wave. I just don't see how Square would do this when they're already giving next to nothing with FF.
2. Elma - this feels like such a no-brainer for DLC as a first party character
3. Lloyd - Tales is really big for Namco and Lloyd fits here like a glove (though I think Heihachi would be better if the mechanics can transfer)
4. Steve - I want Banjo but I don't see that coming before Steve with Minecraft content rumored from Vergeben (I think this is the only thing he's missing?)
5. Phoenix Wright - purely out of selfish desire, but he fits the aesthetic so much better than Dante

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I got a theory what if Piranha Plant gets a Mewtwo pulled? So far it's similar in terms of "revealed in final direct, free if registered to service, coming out next year". But what if like Mewtwo, it then gets a trailer in a general direct, and then someone else gets announced after, ala Lucas? In fact, what if Geno shows up in the trailer? Just a hopeful theory, but it would be cool.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Vergeben says Steve is in - massive following
Arigarmy argues every reason why Steve should be in months before - media silent

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I see a lot of people being very stalwart that the majority, if not all, of the DLC will be 3rd party. Why?

Also, here are my DLC Predictions.

1. Bandana Dee
2. Euden (Dragalia Lost)
3. Paper Mario
4. Gen VIII. Pokémon
5. Sora

Though I do feel Dixie Kong, Monster Hunter, or a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses could be in place of other characters.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
the 5 people who have made a dozen accounts each to shout about it on the internet aren't happy but i mean the rest of us are

:denzel:
This fanbase has such vocal lunatics that I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case. PP looks like the funnest character we've gotten in ages, not to mention it threw a complete wrench into the smugness of some speculators who think they're high and mighty.

Shroob

Sup?
Huh? Huh? Where was that confirmed?
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...ltimate-nintendo-direct-unleashes-new-details

"Early Purchase Bonus: Piranha Plant takes root! The iconic enemy from the Super Marioseries is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for early purchasers. Players can purchase the digital version of the game or register their physical game card on a Nintendo Switch device by Jan. 31, 2019, to gain access to this new fighter when it is available around February 2019 at no additional cost. Piranha Plant, together with a new stage and music tracks, will be available for purchase as DLC in the future. Fans can pre-purchase the game and secure the Piranha Plant reward starting today by visiting http://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/. "

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
An artist really needs to artwork of the henchmen who get the focus all the time being happy for Chain Chomp and Piranha Plants big breaks in Mario Tennis and Smash.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I see a lot of people being very stalwart that the majority, if not all, of the DLC will be 3rd party. Why?

Also, here are my DLC Predictions.

1. Bandana Dee
2. Euden (Dragalia Lost)
3. Paper Mario
4. Gen VIII. Pokémon
5. Sora

Though I do feel Dixie Kong, Monster Hunter, or a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses could be in place of other characters.
I think the reasoning is that these DLC characters will come with both music and a stage, which is required when a new 3rd party franchise is represented.

Another reason is because 3rd party character DLC sells well and its easier to negotiate profits with a single download rather than the base game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh my gosh in the tree house footage the Black Knight killed K.Rool at 70% from center stage. Even if that move hadn't killed it still did around 30 damage. Yikes. Speaking of which, K.Rool is even more unique then I thought he'd be. It's not just his specials that stand out, but his tilts and smashes are really interesting to. Apparently if you spam his moves with super armor on them his chest plate can break and stun him, but it seems to heal really quickly as well.

Isabelle can set off her Lloid Rocket at will with her Down B which makes that move seem way better then if it just went off automatically at a set time. She's going to have some nice option coverage with that and it just might be useful for zoning after all. As if Villager wasn't annoying enough on his own.
I just realized with Incineroar's inclusion, Pokemon is the only franchise to have a newcomer added in every Smash game
I think Sakurai said in a Smash 4 interview that Pokemon gets special treatment. Which makes it funny that a handful of Incineroar deniers used "there's already plenty of pokemon in the roster" as a counterpoint.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
An artist really needs to artwork of the henchmen who get the focus all the time being happy for Chain Chomp and Piranha Plants big breaks in Mario Tennis and Smash.
Goomba in Mario Party

it's the year of the goon

D

Deleted member

My preliminary DLC picks:

1. Sora - Literally only because of Vergeben and Spawn Wave. I just don't see how Square would do this when they're already giving next to nothing with FF.
2. Elma - this feels like such a no-brainer for DLC as a first party character
3. Lloyd - Tales is really big for Namco and Lloyd fits here like a glove (though I think Heihachi would be better if the mechanics can transfer)
4. Steve - I want Banjo but I don't see that coming before Steve with Minecraft content rumored from Vergeben (I think this is the only thing he's missing?)
5. Phoenix Wright - purely out of selfish desire, but he fits the aesthetic so much better than Dante
I disagree with that last part, but it's cool.

How does Bowser's Castle fit Piranha Plant?
Maybe becuase they're both from the Mario series?

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
btw when we getting stock icons for these newcomers added to the website?
doc is my main boy forever and always but i'm too high on this meme plant.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed that Lifelight has the same pitch as the teaser back in March? The dudes at SORA really know when and how to foreshadow this kind of stuff.
Look, here's the vocal version...
...and now the teaser.
This is the best part of this wild speculation wide, seeing everything fall into place. We knew so little back then and now we know almost everything in just 8 months.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He never says that Steve is in if I'm not mistaken
>the only DLC is the content within the season pass (and pp)
>this includes: character, stage, music
>minecraft content for DLC
hmmm i wonder what common sense tells me

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
If Piranha Plant does get a stage. What would it be?

I'm guessing some Pipe Zone stage or something?
For some reason, I feel it would have a stage similar in aesthetic to this:

WarpPipesSMB37-1.png

Not with this layout though, though something with a lot of pipes feels like it makes too much sense in my opinion.

I would prefer a Bowser's Castle stage to come with it though, if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom