• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yep, good point. I love the Grinch leak, Jesus, I hope it can be real.
Whether or not it is, next time, I'm not going to involve myself in any of the leak stuff. It's too stressful for me to take. However, I'm feeling good about this. I don't think that Kencineroar/Box Theory is a possible outcome. Sakurai wouldn't be silly enough to end the game on a low note. I can't wait for this direct. One day of waiting left! Less than twenty-six hours!
The 40 minutes part pretty much excuted it to me

Because a average trailer length for echos is 45 seconds and unqiue is about 2 minutes

So about 12 minutes needed for all 7 but more or less but this is excluding character explanations though but however the tree house is probably gonna handle most of that

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
My official prediction for the direct tomorrow if the Grinch leak is fake:

Opening character: Incineroar
Discussion about Spirits Mode
Ken and Shadow echos
Trophies/mini games
Elma
Assists
Geno
Final Smashes
Final Newcomer: Dixie, who twirls in to save the other Kong’s from Rool!

(Ok, maybe Geno will be the final reveal, and Dixie before him is more likely)

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
There is just one thing i can't understand if the leak is indeed fake. Why wouldn't ACP-PLV make a statement to get themselves clean of this entire mess that makes them look horribly, just like the one Marina-PLV easily did? It's extremely bad publicity to look like your employee broke an NDA with a huge company
I can understand taking down the video of it's facilities (which was, unfortunately for them, reuploaded to twitter by a person that saved it) because it gained unwanted attention, but why wouldn't they make a statement so far?
https://twitter.com/LeakReview/status/1056814391822245889

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
For Banjo guys.. don't you think it's weird that Nintendo was the reason for Banjo's downofall and now (maybe) the reason for his comeback?
For that reason, don't you guys think the safer (and the more lucrative) way is to go for Steve, Didn't Vergeben and another leaker say that Minecraft will have some degree of representation in the game.

Just noting: I really don't want Steve or anything Minecraft in Smash, the only reason that'll make me accept Banjo XD
Well, if we're talking about insiders, Verge and Mystic contradict each other--the former having said Minecraft content since April, the latter deconfirming it (though, they're not certain in some of their claims). Banjo & Kazooie make the most sense--they've been wanted since Melee to the point Sakurai called them an "obvious inclusion", were popular in the polls during the 2015 ballot and Spencer's approval, and would probably lead to more content, perhaps in a N64 Classic with Rare titles so that both Nintendo and Microsoft get something from the deal. It lines up much more for Banjo & Kazooie. And, of course, personally I want Banjo & Kazooie in because they would be "making the impossible possible" and it would be nice, after all these years, for Banjo & Kazooie to be back with their Nintendo family.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
My predictions:

Ken 100%
Geno 90%
Isaac 90%
Shadow 90%
Banjo Kazooie 80%
Mach Rider 70%
Chorus Kids 70%
Incineroar 40% (70% DLC)
Skull Kid 10%

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The only reason I care about them at all is because they have in-game functionality that is inaccessible without them. I should probably just be opposed to them entirely.
If you just want the functionality, with the right tools, NFC tags, and technical know-how, you can replicate any amiibo's functionality.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
While the past week I've gone from vehemently a pro-leak/team real, I've slowly started to waver due to how reality always seems to kick you right in the face when you least expect. I'm more team "HMMMMM" now than I've ever been, but I still can't process how a leak of this caliber was ever created or how it could be fake.

So on this final day of speculation before we know everything (up to base), I'm going to post this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...544_251766412165611_5895542354126831616_o.png

Its a super ****ty summary, I know (4chan). I just want people understand how seriously lucky and coincidental this leak has to be if its fake, for MANY different reasons. There is no logical explanation for how all this happened if so.

Anyway, thats my last hurrah. I don't think there's anything else to say on this matter or the leak.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
*Closes laptop*
*Closes eyes and lays still for 25 minutes*
*Still not asleep*
*Has to be up for work in 6 hours*

Welp, I think I know what my personal Halloween horror story is. Send help.
Everybody, quick! To make sure the Grinch leak is legit, cross your eyes and count backwards from W!
Double-U.
Single-U.
Zero-U.

There, I did it.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
There is just one thing i can't understand if the leak is indeed fake. Why wouldn't ACP-PLV make a statement to get themselves clean of this entire mess that makes them look horribly, just like the one Marina-PLV easily did? It's extremely bad publicity to look like your employee broke an NDA with a huge company
I can understand taking down the video of it's facilities (which was, unfortunately for them, reuploaded to twitter by a person that saved it) because it gained unwanted attention, but why wouldn't they make a statement so far?
That’s what I don’t understand, you’d think they would’ve said something by now.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Reese's is ! Why only mix one thing with chocolate when you can mix more?!
This post was made by the Snickers gang
You don't need to mix anything, you can bite some of that sweet sweet avatar of yours.
Good point. TBH, I'm really happy that Shovel Knight got an AT... it's the first Indie representation in Smash... To me, Steve doesn't need to be in to be the Indie Rep. If he was though... his moveset could be incredible.
Thanks, but to be completely frank, I didn't like his inclusion. Sure am all for indies, but that felt like a queue skip. Many indies been surfing with Nintendo for a long time, how come Shovel get that special treatment. I didn't appreciate it honestly.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Now, i DO wonder, what would happen if Ken DOES NOT get in?
We get a better Street Fighter newcomer Sakura or maybe a Capcom newcomer from a different franchise.

Oh and the Internet going through turmoil, bedlam, wildfire, and salt, lots of salt... so basically like every other day.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If the Grinch leak is fake we may see a future with Ken, Incineroar, Elma, and Geno, some unexpected echoes, and maybe Dante.

That's really not a bad future to be living in, especially if there's a DLC ballot. The leaks have pushed Rhythm Heaven and Mach Rider hard enough that they may actually get votes this time, and Isaac almost certainly could win this time around. Neat.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Happy Halloween to all my favorite jokers.

What's your worst Smash Brothers Nightmare? Mine's opening up the game on December 7th to see it's actually Play-Station All Stars 2.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The 40 minutes part pretty much excuted it to me

Because a average trailer length for echos is 45 seconds and unqiue is about 2 minutes

So about 12 minutes needed for all 7 but more or less but this is excluding character explanations though but however the tree house is probably gonna handle most of that
Of course, this doesn't take into the possibility of characters sharing trailers too. Simon is a good example of this. His portion was basically the standard minute and a half but was bumped to 3 with the stage introduction and Richter. Both Richter and Simon got proper previews in that timespan. There's also no hard rule that different franchises absolutely can't share a trailer.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While the past week I've gone from vehemently a pro-leak/team real, I've slowly started to waver due to how reality always seems to kick you right in the face when you least expect. I'm more team "HMMMMM" now than I've ever been, but I still can't process how a leak of this caliber was ever created or how it could be fake.

So on this final day of speculation before we know everything (up to base), I'm going to post this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...544_251766412165611_5895542354126831616_o.png

Its a super ****ty summary, I know (4chan). I just want people understand how seriously lucky and coincidental this leak has to be if its fake, for MANY different reasons. There is no logical explanation for how all this happened if so.

Anyway, thats my last hurrah. I don't think there's anything else to say on this matter or the leak.
I feel my odds are still the same as they have been--75% chance of being real taking in both all of the circumstantial evidence of the banner as well as the consensus of insiders, the latter being the main point against it, though there's reasons why that consensus would have emerged even if the banner was real.

That being said, if I'm wavering, it's because I think at this point, this close to the Direct, media insiders would probably have the full press materials by now. But, I think it's also good to consider all of the reasonable possibilities, and it's certainly possible the banner could have been fake--but that hasn't changed. What will remain true is that neither fans nor insiders get to confirm anything--that's Sakurai's job, and we'll know in 25 hours. And, for me, real or fake, I'll be happy to finally know for sure.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Building from this, the only legit explanation i can think of is, the company is actually working with nintendo on Smash ads, and by some freak of nature the fake leak tried to frame them by coincidence, and so they aren't allowed to comment on it and clean the hadns of this mess even if the leak is fake because it would break the NDA to imply that's not the final mural by saying that it's not them where that image came from

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
To quote dear old Foghorn Leghorn, “There’s somethin’ goin’ on around here that just don’t add up.
Liked this, then unliked so I could like it again. None of us know what's going to happen -- I've never been as unsure as I am now -- but those who believe the leak, and those who suspect that at least a decent percentage of insiders are full of crap, have perfectly good reasons to.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I actually mentioned this yesterday.

Sakurai has gone on record (in one of his Famitsu columns, I believe) that he won't be explaining the movesets and capabilities of every character. He's only explained what the Inklings, Simon and Richter can do, leaving us to determine what Daisy, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool and Isabelle can do by ourselves.

Basically, I think he's only been describing the capabilities of characters if they need it or are from brand new franchises (the Inklings have a recharge mechanic that's brand new to Smash, and Simon/Richter are characters are brand new Third Party characters). Sakurai's talk about Chrom and Dark Samus was more general, talking about Echo Fighters and letting the footage of them speak for itself.

Basically, Sakurai would probably only go over Isaac, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids and Banjo. Leaving Ken, Geno, Shadow and Incineroar (and, hypothetically, Skull Kid) out because they aren't from new franchises and therefore don't bring new stuff with them.

In theory, only Geno might be spoken about in any detail out of those characters if he has a new mechanic to his playstyle.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, if we're talking about insiders, Verge and Mystic contradict each other--the former having said Minecraft content since April, the latter deconfirming it (though, they're not certain in some of their claims). Banjo & Kazooie make the most sense--they've been wanted since Melee to the point Sakurai called them an "obvious inclusion", were popular in the polls during the 2015 ballot and Spencer's approval, and would probably lead to more content, perhaps in a N64 Classic with Rare titles so that both Nintendo and Microsoft get something from the deal. It lines up much more for Banjo & Kazooie. And, of course, personally I want Banjo & Kazooie in because they would be "making the impossible possible" and it would be nice, after all these years, for Banjo & Kazooie to be back with their Nintendo family.
There was another leaker that sided with Verg (the name totally escapes me now).

I don't recall Sakurai saying that, "obvious inclusion". May you link to that? if you happen to have one.

I stopped looking at thos polls since there're many versions, all claiming to be the real one. I'd say though, I like the one Goemon's ranking #1 3rd party.

Spencer's a good guy, he's open minded, but in the end it's Sakurai's (or actually sometimes Nintendo's) call. And they're hunting for money, reason for Shovel Knight. A Minecraft deal (they already have a 3DS carved like it) would get them a better deal. Again, clearing, I'd take a Kazooie feather over Steve and Minecraft anytime. But, I don't know how those guys think about it.

Nintendo was never the B&K family, they're the ones who kicked them out.

Wambo

Smash Ace
You don't need to mix anything, you can bite some of that sweet sweet avatar of yours.
Haha. Might as well try to push for ALL Mystical Ninja protagonists while Konami is on board with Snake/Simon/Richter/Bomberman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom