• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is there a place on this website where I can go to ****post Littlest Pet Shop memes?
ALSO 24 HOURS AND 48 MINUTES AAAAAAAAAAAAH

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, the context behind Sakurai's words "obvious inclusion" are being misconstrued. He didn't say "He would be one." He said "I know you think he's an obvious inclusion, but..." and then he goes into issues with why he can't get in. He's just one of the many characters he noted due to the Japanese polls.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I actually mentioned this yesterday.

Sakurai has gone on record (in one of his Famitsu columns, I believe) that he won't be explaining the movesets and capabilities of every character. He's only explained what the Inklings, Simon and Richter can do, leaving us to determine what Daisy, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool and Isabelle can do by ourselves.

Basically, I think he's only been describing the capabilities of characters if they need it or are from brand new franchises (the Inklings have a recharge mechanic that's brand new to Smash, and Simon/Richter are characters are brand new Third Party characters). Sakurai's talk about Chrom and Dark Samus was more general, talking about Echo Fighters and letting the footage of them speak for itself.

Basically, Sakurai would probably only go over Isaac, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids and Banjo. Leaving Ken, Geno, Shadow and Incineroar (and, hypothetically, Skull Kid) out because they aren't from new franchises and therefore don't bring new stuff with them.

In theory, only Geno might be spoken about in any detail out of those characters if he has a new mechanic to his playstyle.
Also, maybe the movesets will be posted on the website, like with some of the other characters?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also, maybe the movesets will be posted on the website, like with some of the other characters?
Yeah.

We worked out the fact that Dark Samus didn't have the same roll as Samus through the footage, and then later DS' blog was posted and confirmed it for us.

D

Deleted member

Again, is there a place on this website where I can go to ****post Littlest Pet Shop Memes?
I didn't get a response, that's why I'm reposting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Since it was brought up again, I'm in Team Fake mostly because I don't and can't believe those background changes can all be explained by compression or blurriness, and other explanations for why the background could be different don't make a ton of sense to me or seem all that likely. It's like what I said with the Gothitelle leak a good while back; if you have to start making up your own explanations to explain why a leak makes sense then something is off. I don't like giving percentages to my predictions, but I suppose in some ways it might be more accurate to say I'm "Team Extremely Skeptical" instead of "Team Fake".

I do find it suspicious that most insiders seem to think its fake despite that not being the popular opinion, and I do believe that the "it's too good to be true" argument does have some merit to it based off of Sakurai's own statements and should be considered if you're on the fence about the whole leak fiasco, but that's much softer evidence compared to the background's much stronger evidence, which I why I double down on that as my main argument.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Again, is there a place on this website where I can go to ****post Littlest Pet Shop Memes?
Maybe check out the Nintenzone Social in the Smasher's Hangout, that thread doesn't have an official topic so you can post about whatever you want. There's a certain someone there who keeps ****posting Spondgebob memes for instance.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nope.
He loves his work, which is why he keeps coming back to it again and again.

I mean, who wouldn't? Being head of the most prolific video-game crossover of all time isn't a position you'd give up so lightly.
I doubt having the surprise spoiled for people who want to be spoiled would convince anyone to leave that type of position.
Yeah man. When you're given the chance to make people's dreams come true, it's hard to turn that down.

Haha. Might as well try to push for ALL Mystical Ninja protagonists while Konami is on board with Snake/Simon/Richter/Bomberman.
Now you're talking, with alts included.

But then that would mean Ebi would come with his sumo suit, help.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe check out the Nintenzone Social in the Smasher's Hangout, that thread doesn't have an official topic so you can post about whatever you want. There's a certain someone there who keeps ****posting Spondgebob memes for instance.
Thanks!

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
Just realised something. In UK, the direct starts at 2:00 pm. I'm busy until around 4:00 pm.

My life is ****.
Bookmark the Nintendo Direct page so you can go there immediately when you're free without worrying about getting spoiled by the rest of the Internet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Buy premium and post in the Disco Room. Otherwise, no.

Keep in mind while some ****posting is allowed there, there is still a limit in the Nintenzone. It can't just be all images. And it's important to still add to the topic here and there. Once in a while silliness is fine, of course. We're more lenient there.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Buy premium and post in the Disco Room. Otherwise, no.

Keep in mind while some ****posting is allowed there, there is still a limit in the Nintenzone. It can't just be all images. And it's important to still add to the topic here and there. Once in a while silliness is fine, of course. We're more lenient there.
I miss the disco room :(

I may have a blue name when Smash comes out...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
There was another leaker that sided with Verg (the name totally escapes me now).

I don't recall Sakurai saying that, "obvious inclusion". May you link to that? if you happen to have one.

I stopped looking at thos polls since there're many versions, all claiming to be the real one. I'd say though, I like the one Goemon's ranking #1 3rd party.

Spencer's a good guy, he's open minded, but in the end it's Sakurai's (or actually sometimes Nintendo's) call. And they're hunting for money, reason for Shovel Knight. A Minecraft deal (they already have a 3DS carved like it) would get them a better deal. Again, clearing, I'd take a Kazooie feather over Steve and Minecraft anytime. But, I don't know how those guys think about it.

Nintendo was never the B&K family, they're the ones who kicked them out.
Sakurai mentioned it as they were considered but immediately dismissed along with James Bond due to the licensing issues, though referring to them as "obvious inclusions" is why I feel like, without the legal barriers mentioned, their inclusion would still be obvious, at least to me. Those legal barriers could still exist, but I was using the assumptions of the prompt. Also, "considers" is a difficult term to use, so I'm simply using the exact phrasing SG did.

It's not one or a couple polls, though, it's the combination of all of them, and Banjo & Kazooie are usually one of the top third parties, and the only evidence we have to suggest what may have happened in the ballot. You're free to not consider them, though.

I only refer to Spencer's tweet to emphasize the timing--the reason I feel Sakurai would choose Banjo & Kazooie was the previous note of having been talked about since Melee as well as their closer ties to Nintendo in addition to their popularity at the time. I never cared for the "money maker" argument, because I've seen people against Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion use the argument both ways--but if DLC, as people claim, is where the money's at, it makes sense to put the fan favorites in the game and a relevant Microsoft character as DLC, going with the trends of Ultimate so far.

Yes, they were. They were originally owned by Nintendo in Diddy Kong Racing (look at their trademark). There's plenty of press material from the era with Banjo & Kazooie alongside Mario and Donkey Kong. They aren't "currently", which is why I say I want them to come back home--I emphasized that was a personal desire. Also, let me make it clear, I'm not trying to argue with you--you asked Banjo guys a question, and I simply gave you my answer. :upsidedown:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So I had the weirdest dream. I was watching the direct, I am at first disappointed when Banjo isn't confirmed. Later they get around to Diddy's final smash. I am shocked and appalled to see Dixie in the background, surgically turned into a walrus (a la Tusk) and I feel terrible for her, and mad at Sakurai.
Noipoi Noipoi
If you ever have time, I would love to see a drawing of this!!

D

Deleted member

I edited in more. But yeah, we kind of don't like ****posting that much here. Just like we don't like spam, etc. You get the idea, heh.
I wasn't going to spam, just add an LPS Meme to the end of each of my posts there. I hope that's okay, I'll even put them in spoilers if that's what the mods want. :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
OK, thanks. I suppose we just have to avoid civilisation entirely until we watch the direct. Bookmarking is an excellent idea, but I always watch the Directs on a TV. It makes it more... immersive.
As far as this speculation cycle goes, I usually dodge the Internet until it's nearly time, make a beeline for the nearest Nintendo site and get ready.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
I feel like everything we have, is a piece of a puzzle. The banner leak, vergeben, various other Insiders. It may take a while for us to figure out how all it is related. The direct may not answer everything, it could be years later that we find out some information that explains where a piece of all that info came from, whether it be cut characters or sources had outdated info. I'm so excited for tomorrow though, be a relief for myself and many others to finally know.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I have a confession: I love the live action Cat in the Hat movie. I’m sad to see all the hate towards it in this thread. I find Mike Myers as the Cat so silly.
Also, who else will be eating store bought Halloween candy while watching the direct tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom