• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There's no winning.

No matter what side wins, ****'s going to break out one way or another.

Better to pull a Switzerland and be completely neutral.
If people just act like ****ing adults, nothing has to "break out".

It's like when competing fans watching the same game talk **** back and forth the whole game. Then one wins and one loses. The losing side (generally) doesn't act like a bunch of children and break stuff, and the winning side (generally) doesn't rub their face in it just to kick them while they're down.

It usually involves a couple "good game"s, a disappointed one and happy one, then they move on.

It's not that hard to do.

Shroob

Sup?
If people just act like ****ing adults, nothing has to "break out".

It's like when competing fans watching the same game talk **** back and forth the whole game. Then one wins and one loses. The losing side (generally) doesn't act like a bunch of children and break stuff, and the winning side (generally) doesn't rub their face in it just to kick them while they're down.

It usually involves a couple "good game"s, a disappointed one and happy one, then they move on.

It's not that hard to do.
That's real life, where you actually have real person to person interaction.

This is the internet, where a large veil of anonymity protects whatever you say, so of COURSE what that means is you should kick someone repeatedly over and over. /s

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This is all I could listen. They still think Incineroar is in the game, but at this point, I'm just not gonna believe that. Why? We have Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur back. They had to make those characters back from the ground up, since they've been gone for 10-17 years, so essentially we have three new Pokemon additions. Overall, just a lot of insane stuff.
In all fairness, Pokemon Trainer and Lucario were introduced in the same game. That was 4 newcomers in one game, none of which clones or even semi-clones.

A lot of people also expect Pokemon to get special treatment when it comes to newcomer "slots", myself included, because of the character-rich money-maker that franchise is. Lots of people think Incineroar would be "unhype" but that's not true, it'd hype up a lot of the casual pokemon audience and a good chunk of the more hardcore audience as well.

Anyway what I've always liked about GX is how ridiculous some of their predictions are anyway. Master Hand talking? A flaming Chibi-robo assist running across the stage? How do they come up with this stuff?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Imagine what kind of surprises await us in the next direct!

The features shown in the august direct like the stage morph and squad strike were such big surprises that really make me wonder what Sakurai's got in store for us tomorrow.

Ironic you say that with a username like that, pal

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I can’t wait to watch all of the reaction videos for this Direct, except for Josh Thomas. He’s always such a downer. His reaction to Luigi’s Mansion 3 was cringeworthy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If that happened, the world we are in could not handle Smash any more, and we would all instantly spontaneously combust, alongside the entire universe.
Honestly, even if BK was an AT, I could see a few of them getting amiibo as is. Bomberman is another. A lot of popular characters are still/became amiibo. So making a few extra would be neat.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In all fairness, Pokemon Trainer and Lucario were introduced in the same game. That was 4 newcomers in one game, none of which clones or even semi-clones.

A lot of people also expect Pokemon to get special treatment when it comes to newcomer "slots", myself included, because of the character-rich money-maker that franchise is. Lots of people think Incineroar would be "unhype" but that's not true, it'd hype up a lot of the casual pokemon audience and a good chunk of the more hardcore audience as well.
A part of me genuinely believes that Incineroar isn't in, but that we totally are getting a new pokemon rep.

I have absolutely no evidence of that. It's just a feeling. I think that something is going to happen early on in the direct to disprove everything we think we know and it's going to be Pokemon related because we've all subscribed to Incineroar as the only possibility for months.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Imagine what kind of surprises await us in the next direct!

The features shown in the august direct like the stage morph and squad strike were such big surprises that really make me wonder what Sakurai's got in store for us tomorrow.

Ironic you say that with a username like that, pal
OK MARIOSONIC HAHA

Last edited:

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
That's real life, where you actually have real person to person interaction.

This is the internet, where a large veil of anonymity protects whatever you say, so of COURSE what that means is you should kick someone repeatedly over and over. /s
I think people are allowed to gloat if they're right. Obviously it shouldn't be taken too far (I'm talking actual harassment and stuff), but in general, if it bothers you, to quote Tyler the Creator, "Walk away from the screen." It doesn't have to be this big moral grandstanding thing.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I can't help but laugh whenever someone here says Incineroar can't get in because we already have too many Pokemon reps in Ultimate.

I'm sorry, but isn't this the same place that adamantly defends Fire Emblem for tripling its characters from Brawl?

D

Deleted member

I can’t wait to watch all of the reaction videos for this Direct, except for Josh Thomas. He’s always such a downer. His reaction to Luigi’s Mansion 3 was cringeworthy.
You mean that guy from the BitBlock? Yeah, he seems like a real asshole.

Shroob

Sup?
I think people are allowed to gloat if they're right. Obviously it shouldn't be taken too far (I'm talking actual harassment and stuff), but in general, if it bothers you, to quote Tyler the Creator, "Walk away from the screen." It doesn't have to be this big moral grandstanding thing.
There's gloating, and then there's the last few days.

It's not even about morals. If you go to a basketball game and your team loses, a random person rooting for the other team doesn't run up and throw their drink in your face and call you a loser. We're all adults here and should be civil about this.

This is going to be "THE BEST" roster of the series, why does any **** need to be flung in any direction?

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Genuine question, not trying to provoke, but as someone who was leaning real and is now leaning fake after today, how do you reconcile that with the fact that someone like Jon accurately predicted that a direct would be announced? To me that indicates they still have a valid source.

And if the point of leakbait is to determine the source of a leak by tracing back information that gets out, do you find it damaging to the leak bat argument that so many, if not all, of the sources are making the same claims?
Broken clock syndrome. They do have legitimate info, but there is also falsified info thrown into the mix to prevent/deter/detract leaks. Don't forget, these people ARE NOT supposed to know this information. The only people who are supposed to know the game inside and out right now are the people working directly on the project.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the flipside, gloating is rude and we should all be discouraged from doing it.

Yeah if this guy is chewing with his mouth open or shouting at someone in a public area I could just walk away from him, but that means that I wouldn't be able to use that public area anymore. Telling me to "just ignore him" doesn't change the fact that he's being inconsiderate.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I can't help but laugh whenever someone here says Incineroar can't get in because we already have too many Pokemon reps in Ultimate.

I'm sorry, but isn't this the same place that adamantly defends Fire Emblem for tripling its characters from Brawl?
Huh? People bash on FE far more here than Incineroar here. But a whataboutism isn't the best argument; people can think Pokemon doesn't need more AND Fire Emblem doesn't need more simultaneously.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
oy

I was young and going through puberty

At least the characters are relevant to the forum i'm writing this very post on
Fortnite is on a Nintendo system and is super successful and popular. thats a better case than most the characters I see recommended on here

*looks at Dante*

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
A part of me genuinely believes that Incineroar isn't in, but that we totally are getting a new pokemon rep.

I have absolutely no evidence of that. It's just a feeling. I think that something is going to happen early on in the direct to disprove everything we think we know and it's going to be Pokemon related because we've all subscribed to Incineroar as the only possibility for months.
Yeah. To be honest, I had a gut feeling that Decidueye was the one, and Incineroar maybe as DLC, but hey. A newcomer's a newcomer.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Im hopeful that Touhou will be in some form this smash, specially after all the games that are in Switch at the moment

MY HOPE WILL NEVER DIE

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
On the flipside, gloating is rude and we should all be discouraged from doing it.
It's also REALLY fun and I'm definitely gonna be partaking in it if I'm right about anything. And if I'm wrong, I encourage my opposition to gloat against me. You seem really uptight.

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Came back.
What is this stuff about Mystic and Emily?
They both have conflicting "insider" info. That's because they have been leakbaited.

Don't forget, Emily Rogers has been wrong countless times in the past. Her track record isn't the best when it comes to leaked information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom