• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I made my bingo sheet for this Direct. As I didn't have enough ideas in mind to post a full 5x5 (24 + one free space) grid, I just a made a 4x4 grid. I also put pictures in my sheet and tried to make some of them a bit humorous. Here's my sheet in the spoiler box:
Bingo Smash Ultimate Direct 2018-11-1.png

Yes I know there are some spaces that are mutually exclusive or if filled mean another is logically filled too, and I made this sheet making sure they wouldn't appear in the same line.
And here's the legend for each space, left to right line by line starting from the top:
  • Trophies confirmed: trophies shown to return.
  • Vergeben rumor confirmed: Ken and Incineroar confirmed as playable characters, Minecraft content confirmed.
  • Sorry Banjo-Kazooie: Banjo-Kazooie appear as an Assist Trophy.
  • Adventure mode with excuse plot: the hidden mode seen at the end of the previous Smash Direct is an adventure mode but with either no story at all or one which can fit on a sticky note. (Don't worry, the gameplay and time necessary to beat it don't need to be as barebones as You Have to Burn the Rope.)
  • Returning Subspace boss: a boss from Brawl's Subspace Emissary comes back. But as a boss again, unlike Ridley.
  • The Smogon crowd will like that: a Pokémon in any form (playable, Poké Ball, or enemy) is shown to use Stealth Rock as one of their moves. (Note: the image comes from a "Pokémon: Smogon Version" satire. You can easily search and find it if you want, not gonna put the link here because it has some strong language.)
  • The Pokémon version of Rathalos: a Pokémon appears as both a Poké Ball call and a boss. (I chose this picture because I wanted to put a Pokémon that appears in the games as a non-catchable wild Pokémon you must fight during the story, but I didn't want to put an alternative form like Ultra Necrozma, so I put Poochyena while saying it's obviously gonna be scarier than that.)
  • Grinch leak confirmed: Shadow, Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac, Ken, Mach Rider, Geno and/or Chorus Kids are confirmed with their artwork on the mural matching the supposedly leaked banner.
  • Minecraft stage builder: the stage builder is back and its aesthetics and features are based on Minecraft.
  • Beast Ball: the Beast Ball item appears as a new variant of the Poké Ball and is focused on calling Ultra Beasts.
  • Sorry, Golden Sun fans: the speculation that the sprout item recently shown is the Growth psynergy from Golden Sun is proven false.
  • Starting with an Echo fighter: the very first thing shown in the Direct is an Echo fighter. (Note: "Les Echos START" is a French group that helps young people to start their professional career.)
  • I lost my bet: the base game has more than the already seen 103 stages (not counting the stage builder), or more than one unrevealed Echo, or an unrevealed Echo outside the 54-61 range, or more than one unrevealed original character. Based on the bets I did on my profile page and if I lose it I'll have to change my profile pic to the unblurred version of what I put in this space.
  • DLCs are ready to print money: post-release stages or characters confirmed.
  • Surprise character: a character suggested by neither Vergeben's rumors (Ken/Incineroar/Minecraft character/Square Enix character) or the Grinch's supposed leak (Shadow/Banjo-Kazooie/Isaac/Ken/Mach Rider/Geno/Chorus Kids) is confirmed.
  • Stone Talus: the Stone Talus from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild appears as either a regular enemy or a boss.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hey, if I get some of the various stuff I want(guides, booklets, etc. I still need all the material from the various games in the series)... sweet!

And thank you.

One thing I gotta keep working is a sprited Brian moveset. I got some of the work done, but I think I'm going to have a staff slamming down style animation for his Down Smashes. It seems to work just right. The actual staff is only about 2 pixels wide for the part he holds, which sometimes can clash. Maybe I should slightly recolor it...
Unrelated but, gonna step a bit out of line and request to ya'll mods to crank up the strictness a bit on November 1st if that's aight.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Yea no, this just feels like they're playing with us now.
Not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing. Just reporting the latest from the insiders. :) As far as I am told, however, she does have a good track record.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
a true warrior doesn't care what his opponents think
Bud.

Take this from someone who embodied the spirit of a cartoon alien drama queen for a while.

Calm down and just....I don't know....talk like a normal person for a few posts.

It's a video game forum my friend.

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to point out that Emily Rogers, Imran, Mystic, Jon and Ash from GameXplain, and whomever else that has insider knowledge have all been given leakbaited and outdated info. The Grinch leak is still alive and kicking and will be proven to be 100% real come tomorrow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unrelated but, gonna step a bit out of line and request to ya'll mods to crank up the strictness a bit on November 1st if that's aight.
Thanks for the reminder in general. Not necessarily the exact words, but that we should plan ahead for how to handle the direct(like if we're locking this thread for a while, etc.).

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Emily Rogers said she disagrees with everything Mystic said. Mystic has actually agreed that she is probably the more accurate one, and is locking down his account because he expects angry people for getting it all wrong.

For the record, Mystic said Isaac and Geno were in, and Emily says she completely disagrees with him. He now agrees with her.
These people are clowns. Not paying any heed to their words will probably save you guys a headache.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So is I think this is the final roster -
leak Roster.png

Incineroar - Every insider and their mother says he's in

Geno - Highly requested, mii costume in 4 and Sakurai wants him. I think he is in. He will be this game's retro rep.

Dante - Capcom has given a lot of content to this game and in early 2016 (basically right when Ultimate's development started) Kamiya (creator of Dante and Bayo) did a poll on which Dante appearance you would want to crossover with Bayo - https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/700571957658423297?lang=en and there is also that leak from months ago predicting Dante in a November direct.

Ken and Shadow - Obvious echoes and Ken has been leaked

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Bud.

Take this from someone who embodied the spirit of a cartoon alien drama queen for a while.

Calm down and just....I don't know....talk like a normal person for a few posts.

It's a video game forum, my friend.
exactly bro and my username is fortnite4smash and my pic is of Mario in fortnite, are yall not used to ****ty jokes or something. im convinced that jokes are banned in this forum

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to point out that Emily Rogers, Imran, Mystic, Jon and Ash from GameXplain, and whomever else that has insider knowledge have all been given leakbaited and outdated info. The Grinch leak is still alive and kicking and will be proven to be 100% real come tomorrow.
You missed ZhugeEx.

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
This boggles my dang mind you guys. Two days ago Team Real had grown by the hundreds and our favorite leakboy joined hook, line, and sinker. Today we have a complete convergence of conflicting insiders and leakers that actually makes it more uncertain than the night before Simon.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Nope. Not in the slightest. If the Grinch leak is wrong, then it is what it is. If the Insiders are wrong, then it is what it is.

See, unlike 99.9% of this entire fandom, I don't treat the characters in a Smash roster like they'll determine the outcome of the Presidental election.
I've said it before, but I will say it a thousand time, you all take Smash way too seriously for your own good.
I'm super glad that you've found a way to feel so above it all.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
exactly bro and my username is fortnite4smash and my pic is of Mario in fortnite, are yall not used to ****ty jokes or something
Oh baby user. I could ****post you under the table.

You're just being standoffish to people. Not ****posting.

You sound like you are on XBox Live, not engaging with people in a discussion. Some of your posts legit sound like the forum post equal of a teabag.

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
The thing that makes me pause regarding Geno is Emily's tweet heavily hinting it's not Geno since she disagreed with Mystic saying that Issac/Geno aren't in

D

Deleted member

I actually think im the one taking it LEAST seriously judging the way yall are replying to my posts
Uh...
Team real members are cowards, if you have folded more than once, you do not deserve to celebrate banjo's reveal trailer.
thanks for the intel. She will be the first person im gonna hit with the "L"
Same here brother, it's gonna be a great W when we finally get the long awaited confirmation. if it turns out it fake, at least we were brave. we fought for what we believed and did it with honor. anyone who tries to rub it on our faces is disrespectful.
bro youre just scared of taking an L
a true warrior doesn't care what his opponents think
...You sure about that?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bud.

It's a video game forum my friend.
I too have embodied a cartoon alien in my regular life.
lhnoss.png

Where do you think I got the howdy from? The south? I'm from the east coast.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Y'know, my brother had an interesting take on the direct tonight.

I asked him what he was hoping for most from it, and his answer was "as many echoes as possible". I thought he was joking when he said it, but he was totally serious.

Ridley aside, his favorite characters announced so far are Dark Samus and Chrom, in part because he never genuinely thought he'd ever get to play as them. Young Link and Roy, both clones from Melee, were his favorites in that game and they're back too. The character he wants most now is Shadow, and my most wanted was Daisy. He basically said, if a genuine newcomer costs the same as like four echoes, he'll gladly take the echoes to make as many fans happy as possible, because Smash already has so many unique movesets as it is. Just fill the whole CSS up with as many favorites as possible, unique or not.

I found it difficult to disagree with him.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it ironic that at the start of this all Emily Rogers was all ''This is going to be the greatest Smash Roster of all time" and now at the end of it all she's ''That fan favorite is not in, that one is an assist trophy. Much better than the Grinch Leak."

The beginning Emily and the ending Emily don't even match up.

Emily are you okay?

D

Deleted member

I gotta say, while I really want to give the GameXplain guys the benefit of the doubt to be fair, the moment I saw the first comments as only positive ones of their most recent video, they're really trying to damage control this entire situation. And literally all the hate isn't because of "muh Grinch Leak", if Andre didn't bring politics into this, a very good amount of the hate would be non-existent. Not to mention the entire video as a whole was pretty safe-by-the-numbers, except for some insane stuff they've said.
  • Tetris Stage
IIRC, they've said that because there'll be a Tetris AT, there'll be a Tetris stage. That doesn't make sense in the slightest, because we can all point out a lot of ATs that don't have their own respective stages. We have Dr. Wright, but we don't have a SimCity stage. And that's sad, because SimCity SNES has some HOT FIRE of jams.​
  • Isaac is Not in the Game
Now see, Derrick actually believes he's in the game with all the hints, like the battle screen reference and the item from that Wendy's Tailgate trailer. However, the others don't think he'll get in mainly because of relevancy. I mean, I guess :ultkrool: isn't in the roster, then. Like how many times have we seen the "relevancy" argument get busted before? Look at what happened with K. Rool's reveal, it caused MASSIVE reactions across the globe. I don't think relevancy should be a problem.​
  • Master Hand Will Speak in Spirits & Classic
...Well, then. I mean, I'd be totally fine with it, but man. They better pull off a Hades, at least.​
  • Rayman and Klonoa are ATs
While it'd make sense for Rayman, I don't even know if Klonoa is even up for AT status yet. We have a lot of characters that are pretty good choices for ATs, like Bomberman, Alucard, and others, so it makes sense for Rayman to get an upgrade from trophy to AT.​
  • No Rhythm Heaven Representation, No Geno & No Banjo-Kazooie
Yikes. They really are trying their best to ignore all of the stuff with the Grinch Leak that includes them. Like, they don't even think there'll even be an AT for Rhythm Heaven and I think they might've slyly took shots at papagenos papagenos 's Theory about Banjo-Kazooie, which, that's sad. That's really sad. Not to mention, all of that history that Geno has with Smash. You can't look back on that. Once again, the splash screen. I think Derrick even said that Dragon Quest makes more sense than Geno, which is absolutely absurd in a lot of ways. (To be clear, at least Ash think he'll be in.)​
  • Viridi as a Palutena Echo
Okay, I'm not a huge Kid Icarus fan, but I at least know that these two characters are VERY different. Viridi is like a young girl, while Palutena is a tall, adult Goddess. I just can't see this happening.​

This is all I could listen. They still think Incineroar is in the game, but at this point, I'm just not gonna believe that. Why? We have Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur back. They had to make those characters back from the ground up, since they've been gone for 10-17 years, so essentially we have three new Pokemon additions. Overall, just a lot of insane stuff.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing that makes me pause regarding Geno is Emily's tweet heavily hinting it's not Geno since she disagreed with Mystic saying that Issac/Geno aren't in
I'm hoping he's DLC then if he isn't base.

Though the idea of some leak bait being out there would explain the conflicting statements. That said, I'm currently believing Isaac is an AT(sadly, as I'm a fan of him), the Grinch leak is fake, and not sure what to think on Geno. Ken and Incineroar I'm still confident on. Shadow I'm hopeful towards. Steve I think has a good chance for base with Banjo as DLC(though the other way around would be cool too).

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
Genuine question, not trying to provoke, but as someone who was leaning real and is now leaning fake after today, how do you reconcile that with the fact that someone like Jon accurately predicted that a direct would be announced? To me that indicates they still have a valid source.

And if the point of leakbait is to determine the source of a leak by tracing back information that gets out, do you find it damaging to the leak bat argument that so many, if not all, of the sources are making the same claims?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Turn off your phone. If you're on a computer, don't go to any social media site (especially Youtube). Don't go near any gaming stores or stores with electronics that may have gaming.
Also you could go to a parallel dimension, remove your eyes and ears, and hibernate in the centre of the Minotaur's Labyrinth. Effective for me, anyways. The internet follows people around... rumours... leaks... spoilers... The lengths we must go to in order to escape these are drastic.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Oh baby user. I could ****post you under the table.

You're just being standoffish to people. Not ****posting.

You sound like you are on XBox Live, not engaging with people in a discussion. Some of your posts legit sound like the forum post equal of a teabag.
okay dude that shows youre taking this way too seriously its just a post on the internet bud calm down

Uh...

...You sure about that?
yes??? you really think I consider myself a warrior cause of a leak?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I predict both the Grinch and the Insiders are wrong.
This would be the best scenario tbh. But also the worst, as fans will be constantly arguing over which side was right. Like how after E3, you still had people using the 'Ultimate's just a port' argument (an argument that's thankfully ****ed off).

The saddest thing though is that we'll probably never find out the story behind the Grinch leak. If real, the legal details will be kept under wraps. If fake, the faker would be very stupid to publicly come out and say 'lol tricked u guiz'.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree with the veiw there will be no big third party character reveals in the Smash Direct but i could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom